Dean - yes

Shodipo - nope

Storey - yes but doubt we’d get him

Peacock-Farrell - yes

Gibson - maybe on the right deal

John-Jules - nope

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Here's my Football Manager take on things...

Out of contract:

Hutchinson - offer a new deal and look to keep him as a squad player for another season

Paterson - shift the wages and find someone who better fits Moore's system, unless he's happy to sign terms which represent his status as a squad player

Berahino - take up the option to renew his deal for another season - we've only just started to see what he's capable of, and he's a decent option to have

Hunt - offer a new deal and look to recruit reinforcements at wingback to complement him and Johnson

Palmer - offer a new deal - we need versatile players who can slot in to a variety of roles (edit: just seen he already signed a new deal last autumn)

Luongo - offer a new deal, but he'll probably want away, unfortunately

Dunkley - bid farewell - he's put in some good performances this season, but I'm not sure he's what Moore's looking for

Wildsmith - bid farwell

Returning loans:

Kamberi - let him leave in order to preserve his status as an Owlstalk legend (a goal every 284 minutes, don't you know!?)

Dean - pull out all the stops to convince him to return on a permanent deal

Shodipo - bid farewell - it just hasn't worked out, has it?

Storey - do everything possible to get him back here next season, either on loan or as a permanent signing - unlikely, but you never know...

Peacock-Farrell - unlikely to return, I'd imagine

Gibson - decent, but consult the medical team at length before considering any kind of offer - is he up to regular football?

John-Jules - spunk the lot on him - he's clearly going to be an all-time great if we don't, just to spite us!

Pretty much what I would go with. I would keep Paterson. not sure about Berahino, toyaly agree about JJ

• Like 1

It seems to be the way of modern football, particularly in the EFL.

Financial considerations lead to shorter contracts and higher turnover of players. 

I think we are in a much better position this summer, have the core of our squad under contact, opportunity to have first dibs at others we may want to offer terms to before we start thinking about filling the gaps in the transfer market. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Here's my Football Manager take on things...

Out of contract:

Hutchinson - offer a new deal and look to keep him as a squad player for another season

Paterson - shift the wages and find someone who better fits Moore's system, unless he's happy to sign terms which represent his status as a squad player

Berahino - take up the option to renew his deal for another season - we've only just started to see what he's capable of, and he's a decent option to have

Hunt - offer a new deal and look to recruit reinforcements at wingback to complement him and Johnson

Palmer - offer a new deal - we need versatile players who can slot in to a variety of roles (edit: just seen he already signed a new deal last autumn)

Luongo - offer a new deal, but he'll probably want away, unfortunately

Dunkley - bid farewell - he's put in some good performances this season, but I'm not sure he's what Moore's looking for

Wildsmith - bid farwell

Returning loans:

Kamberi - let him leave in order to preserve his status as an Owlstalk legend (a goal every 284 minutes, don't you know!?)

Dean - pull out all the stops to convince him to return on a permanent deal

Shodipo - bid farewell - it just hasn't worked out, has it?

Storey - do everything possible to get him back here next season, either on loan or as a permanent signing - unlikely, but you never know...

Peacock-Farrell - unlikely to return, I'd imagine

Gibson - decent, but consult the medical team at length before considering any kind of offer - is he up to regular football?

John-Jules - spunk the lot on him - he's clearly going to be an all-time great if we don't, just to spite us!

This 👍

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We were in the Championship 18 months ago, how is that worse?

Yea, pretty much rock bottom and with a squad of overpaid underacheivers...  sometimes you need to take a few steps back, regroup and go again...  thats where we are now. We need stability too.

• Like 3

There’s a few on there that have option on extensions 

hunt and berahino defo

i think Patterson and hutch might have them too

palmer Signed a new deal 

luongo I think will sadly leave 

dean I think might sign 

storey no chance 

peacock -farrel won’t be be back but I honestly think we need a more senior pro there 

gibson based on nothing but I have a feeling we already secured a longer term deal with him and it was more to do with our embargo we had him on a loan 

Out of everyone 

I’d only want from that list 

hutch

palmer

luongo

hunt 

dean 

to defo see back and I think we will be seeing 4/5 of them maybe 3/5 

Then I wouldn’t be too fussed if we brought back

patterson

gibson 

if not I’d want to see these positions upgraded or at least players coming in that contributes more to the first team ( talking more on gibson there )

and I don’t be surprised if both are back 

berahino will be back but again I think we can still do better glimpses of magic and improved as we went along but overall still not enough 

in short out of the 15 mentioned i think we will see 6/8 of them 

so it’s only going to be 7/9 leaving which when you look at then included in that 7/10 

kamberi

shodipo

wildsmith 

John jules 

dunkley 

peacock farrel

storey 

luongo

dean 

Gibson 

theres not a lot to miss about 2/3 players I’d only take out of the possibly leaving 

luongo

dean 

storey 

Gibson 

back and I think dean and Gibson will be or high possibility of being back 

Just now, HopefulOwl said:

Yea, pretty much rock bottom and with a squad of overpaid underacheivers...  sometimes you need to take a few steps back, regroup and go again...  thats where we are now. We need stability too.

18 months ago we had just moved off the bottom of the Championship despite our points deduction, and had every chance of staying up (I know we didn't, but we were in with a shout). How is the position of enduring at least another 9 months of football, just to get back where we were, better?

We are still losing millions of pounds, have far less potential revenue and still have a squad of overpaid underachieving players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hutch is 33 soon so might need younger, but might have another year left at cb

Luongo 30 soon so would try and re-sign, been solid since he came back, need some youth in midfield though for 46+ games

Pato useful as a squad player but not fussed

Hunt ok as squad player but need some youth and pace on flanks so not fussed

Bpf will be missed

Dean worth signing

Wildsmith backup

Shodipo possibly backup for both flanks but need better and fitter

Gibson, jules, kamberi, berahino, dunkley, storey, shodipo, hunt, pato, hutch can all go with mainly thanks for me, plenty of players out there if most of them go and we need an injection of quicker, younger, energetic players imo

Edited by Ash77

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, bobness said:

Imagine having to "rebuild" your squad each pre-season... 

It's a good excuse when we don't go up, thoughlol

Guest mrbluesky
50 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

He looking at it right now, there's a few 

errrrrrr ors on it

3-2-1...lol