Hillsborough Improvements

11 hours ago, George said:

Knock down the NW Corner and the Lep. Put something decent in it's place with natural segrgation that wont get the SAG knickers in a twist and preferable makes better commercial use of the space behind

However this would be massively expensive and I appreciate it wont happen.

This is what we should be doing. Get it demolished while we’re in this league and there is less need for it.

8 hours ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Tell you what, it was a cracking idea to get The Sherlocks on at HT in the NW corner.

Doubt it would cost that much to set up a temp stage and make it a regular thing for local bands? 

Maybe next time spend a few quid on a bit of tarpaulin for a roof so they can perform if it's raining. lol

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

but the biggest issue is the pitch, next season is going to have period of lots of games in a short space it cannot be aloud to spend big sections of the season looking and playing like it did this year, and the stand shadow excuse is right up their with the dog ate my homework.😂

we have home record second to none and you want the pitch changed ........why ?.....

Am I right in thinking the ground doesn't belong to  the club. It belongs to Mr Chansiri or one of his made up companies? 

Until we own our own ground then the landlord is responsible for any decorating and repainting. I think.. 

Edited by A47Owl

14 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

The Portsmouth and Sunderland games were both great occasions and brilliant to see Hillsborough rocking but it also made me notice that Hillsborough is amazing but tired in places. It therefore got me thinking, what could be done now to improve Hillsborough and ultimately the fans experience. My initial three are as follows:

- Put seats back in the north west corner - now that it is no longer required for the Sky box this would not be a problem. I was all for them tidying this corner up when some seats had to be removed for the Sky box assembly but this corner really did look sad during these big games and brought the look of the stadium down. Nothing worse than a redundant part of a football ground sat there looking at you.

- Tannoy system - even though this has been upgraded, the clarity is rubbish. It needs replacing.

- Repaint external areas of the main stands where appropriate - the Kop is a prime example of that. It just looks tired now.

I would be interested to know your top three. And yes, people will argue to spend nothing on the ground until we are in the Prem but why, we lost 25M for the last two years, we need to reprioritise / reduce spending and using a small amount year on year to keep the ground fit for purpose has to be part of that. All this helps the brand and the feel of the club - we need to keep up to date like all businesses - I'm not saying full scale redevelopment of stands etc as that will need to wait but there are plenty of things that could be done in the meantime without using the "Prem" as an excuse. They have clearly put money into the Stadium of Light to keep it looking fresh so why can't we. We can't keep ducking maintaining our great old stadium properly.

There were seats there when the box was there 

We need to know what the actual plan is. Is there a plan. If we are going then when and in the meantime depending on how long what could be done. If not moving then now because it has nothing to do with money that could upset efl rules. Same with training ground.

I've always been against leaving Hillsborough but unfortunately it's now in bad position for access and egress and has been left to rot. If you add the legacy of the Hillsborough disaster that is never going away (The memory of those who died of course should always be remembered) but its a stain on us while we stay there.....

Flood lights on top of the north could do with being looked at.

Advertising boards on evening games need evaluating as often if a team is playing in red it's hard to see what's going on at times. Example when we played Morecambe this season in February their kit clashed with one of the adverts so every few minutes it'd disconcert you a bit. Especially if you wear glasses.

14 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Spend less on players and spend a small amount on stadium maintenance - the players shouldn't continue to be the only beneficiaries - otherwise what will we have to show for the investment, the infrastructure won't be there.

The thing is though, imagine that happened and he spent that money on the ground and we finished mid table in League One.

Imagine the reaction on here and elsewhere.

That's before we get into the fact that I'm not sure he really has the money to do much to the ground.

8 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

.Don’t play Is This The Way To Amarillo by Toni Christie just before the players come out the tunnel. FFS

I'll have a word with the lady who organises the pre-match music and try and Persuade her to put on InThe Avenues and Alleyways instead ...

YellowHarshIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif.aa1a558195b034c5f057cb0d4c737b64.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, El Wednesday said:

We need to move on. New stadium, new era for the club.

Doesn't have to be an identikit bowl, get a decent architect and create something truly iconic that will put Sheffield back on the football map. 

100% in the medium-long term.

The traffic, lack of parking, facilities, corporate facility potential and expansion in size (should we require it one day) are impossible/expensive issues to solve at Hillsborough and there's nowhere to expand around the stadium without spending millions on buying-up houses around the stadium to literally knock them down.

Then there's the obvious disaster stigma that will never go away.

If Rotherham can manage to get the council to help them get a new stadium built (I believe they own half of it?) then surely we must be able to do the same with all the brownfield sites available around Sheffield.

I love Hillsborough as much as anyone, but if people were honest with themselves and take of their tinted specs, surely most would agree that we will eventually need a new stadium if we ever want to progress to being an established Premier League club again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hallam_stallion said:

100% in the medium-long term.

The traffic, lack of parking, facilities, corporate facility potential and expansion in size (should we require it one day) are impossible/expensive issues to solve at Hillsborough and there's nowhere to expand around the stadium without spending millions on buying-up houses around the stadium to literally knock them down.

Then there's the obvious disaster stigma that will never go away.

If Rotherham can manage to get the council to help them get a new stadium built (I believe they own half of it?) then surely we must be able to do the same with all the brownfield sites available around Sheffield.

I love Hillsborough as much as anyone, but if people were honest with themselves and take of their tinted specs, surely most would agree that we will eventually need a new stadium if we ever want to progress to being an established Premier League club again.

How did Liverpool manage it at Anfield.

22 hours ago, danblakemore said:

1 - Knock down the Leppings Lane end / corner. Build a new stand that offers multiple segregation areas (like modern stadiums do) so we dont have to leave 4k of empty seats in bigger games.

2 - Sort out facilities on back of Kop / remove pillars if possible on Kop.

3 - Look at walk ways to stadium, any chance we can have a direct pedestrian path to local transport, such as the tram, a larger tram stop offering 'special' back into town after games, as well as possibly the old bus specials?

remove pillars lol

you might find the roof collapses 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, El Wednesday said:

We need to move on. New stadium, new era for the club.

Doesn't have to be an identikit bowl, get a decent architect and create something truly iconic that will put Sheffield back on the football map. 

the DTaxis stadium

imagine DC trying to build a stadium on the cheap 😬