Hillsborough Improvements

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

I can’t imagine a bigger waste of money than to increase the capacity of a stadium that is only ever half full.

Would it not depend on costs though?

It only takes a few games over a few years to pay for renovations .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Would it not depend on costs though?

It only takes a few games over a few years to pay for renovations .

The stadium is an absolute mess as it is. Would be even more run down if it was even bigger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

The stadium is an absolute mess as it is. Would be even more run down if it was even bigger.

Bit dramatic …    It needs modernising absolutely,   It’s not an absolute mess though is it 

More than adequate for what we need while we concentrate on getting out of this division,   Bit insane to start expecting millions to be spent on the ground 

2 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

All the things I would choose as well.

Surely we can have the flags back?

Looks great when they're up.

Still miffed that they removed the ones from Penistone Rd. Again, looked magnificent during the Euros.

I like flags.

The flags on roof where knackered that's why they have come down I put them up on roof myself at beginning of season 

• Like 1

If it was my club I’d be spending any money I had for the stadium on the facilities. Anything that makes the matchday experience better so more people want to keep on coming and in particular want to get to the ground a bit earlier and spend a few more quid!

Catering, reasonable bogs, efficient bar, electronic/ app based ordering for everything. Fun activities for kids included in the price etc. If 20% of 20,000 people got to the ground a bit earlier because it was worth doing so and spend £5 each extra on a match day then that would be £500k or so extra revenue a year. Most businesses would be happy to have a captive audience to sell to and I’m always baffled that I can’t just order up a half time pie and pint to collect from an app. Instead I buy stuff outside the ground to bring in. It seems totally ridiculous!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Running warm water in all toilets, 

A Lick of paint for both the internal and external stands

cleaning up the turn styles, they look like you have time travelled back to the 1950's

but the biggest issue is the pitch, next season is going to have period of lots of games in a short space it cannot be aloud to spend big sections of the season looking and playing like it did this year, and the stand shadow excuse is right up their with the dog ate my homework.😂

cleaning up the turn styles, they look like you have time travelled back to the 1950's.

There’s a very good reason for that. They are the self same turnstiles that I went through to get into Hillsborough in the 1950’s. The one I went through on Monday came with the following warning from the operator. ‘

This one’s gone right stiff mate, you’ll have to gi it a good shove’   He wasn’t kidding.

Modern turnstiles would be a start but there’s so much else I’m coming to the conclusion a new stadium is going to be the best solution. It’s too far gone now. My only reservation would be in that it would need be in the Hillsborough area to keep the core fan base.

• Thanks 1

1. Better quality toilet paper in all toilets but particularly for the upper classes/elderly in the South stand.

2. Bring back the seat cushions from the 1970's.

3. More real ale and 70's music in the ground so the real fans can reminisce about taking the oppositions kop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's a shame we didn't build a warehouse in the Wednesdayite carpark which could provide pre and post match food and drink at attractive prices, plus the ability to rent it out for conferences, weddings, events, concerts etc. So close to the stadium that it might as well be considered a part of it. We could have got a great atmosphere in there so that everybody was warmed up to walk across the road into the stadium.

Aside from very basic maintenance, all available funds should be directed into the team as a good team puts bums on seats (and we have plenty of spare seats most games), and on balance would give us a better chance of getting into the Premier League. Once we earn Premier League money we can then think about more long term issues concerning the stadium.

There are limited funds available and I'd rather them be directed to a striker who might score the goals to get us up rather than a lick of paint which won't.

• Like 1

The facilities budget should be ring fenced with routine maintenance carried out which includes regular painting of the major steel structures and roof maintenance ( there has been a leak in the roof of the north stand above my seat for three years)'

The west stand does not need to be demolished - a new light weight suspended roof may be the answer.

The shop should be moved to the proposed new shopping centre across the road leaving room for a fan zone and improved facilities larger concourse at the back of the north stand.

Longer term the Kop will need to be demolished and rebuilt, it was done on the cheap and has big problems with .obstructed viewing and rubbish facilities - toilets and food outlets - sadly it wont happen in my lifetime.

The current owner does not have a long term plan regarding the ground - so its on with boggit and scarper builders

wont be nowt spent on ground apart from paint and the pitch .been in league 1 well over 10 million less in tv money etc . there is no need to spend money at the min the once a season supporters we wont see now for 12 months so doing certain things to increase capacity isnt needed for now , only getting to prem will the club have money to pull the west stand down and make it back into a 40000 stadium.  

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

wont be nowt spent on ground apart from paint and the pitch .been in league 1 well over 10 million less in tv money etc . there is no need to spend money at the min the once a season supporters we wont see now for 12 months so doing certain things to increase capacity isnt needed for now , only getting to prem will the club have money to pull the west stand down and make it back into a 40000 stadium.  

They’ve already announced we’re getting a set of shiny new LED floodlights and other improvements.

36 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

The facilities budget should be ring fenced with routine maintenance carried out which includes regular painting of the major steel structures and roof maintenance ( there has been a leak in the roof of the north stand above my seat for three years)'

The west stand does not need to be demolished - a new light weight suspended roof may be the answer.

The shop should be moved to the proposed new shopping centre across the road leaving room for a fan zone and improved facilities larger concourse at the back of the north stand.

Longer term the Kop will need to be demolished and rebuilt, it was done on the cheap and has big problems with .obstructed viewing and rubbish facilities - toilets and food outlets - sadly it wont happen in my lifetime.

The current owner does not have a long term plan regarding the ground - so its on with boggit and scarper builders

a fan zone would be welcome ive been to other grounds what have these and they interact the supporters and get your fans involved , ipswich have a good one and took kids to it . cant hillsborough park be used for a fan zone? like a mini owls in the park?  a few years ago think when villa came there was 1-2 things going off army with mini pitches etc if you didnt score a pen you had to do 10 sit ups it got me fit for the day lol 

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

led light will be much cheaper to run so thats a no brainer 

Will cost a few beans to put in though

9 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Would be happy with something like this…have a feeling it was a proposal back in the 60’s but only the North Stand was completed - pity.

67B506AF-54AB-434D-BD63-B12EC98D55FE.jpeg

Kop and Leppings Lane  ends need a rebuild for starters and something along the lines of the recent proposals would be good.

..but it will cost a fair whack and thus bottom of the list at the mo.  If/when we get to the Prem will it be on the table.

Is that from IKEA? 

9 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Spend less on players and spend a small amount on stadium maintenance - the players shouldn't continue to be the only beneficiaries - otherwise what will we have to show for the investment, the infrastructure won't be there.

Spend less on players? We dont spend big on players, also losing £500K a week makes it almost impossable to improve the squad via finance, and zero chance of ground improvments.  Any assets we had have been sold (ground), not a single player we currently have would fetch a million in the transfer market.

Unless another empty brained billionaire comes knock on the door we are buggered, Chansiri has taken this club so far backwards it will take years to sort the mess out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

That ship has sailed if you’re hoping for any Hillsborough ground improvements under DC.

With the money we spent on Rhodes, Abdi, Reach, van Aken, Dave Jones etc we could have done a lot with Hillsborough but we just wasted it instead 

It’s easy saying that now