Jump to content

Who’s going, Hunt or Byers?


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But in Hunt's case, we do know a majority of Hunts assists were crosses to their intended target from watching those games. 

 

 

1 corner

2 forward balls to feet from midfield.

2 recycled crosses.

1 cross to feet on a break.

 

So 1/2 were crosses.

 

Only 1 assist from him advancing up the wing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But in Hunt's case, we do know a majority of Hunts assists were crosses to their intended target from watching those games. 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

1 corner

2 forward balls to feet from midfield.

2 recycled crosses.

1 cross to feet on a break.

 

So 1/2 were crosses.

 

Only 1 assist from him advancing up the wing.

 

@Tewkesbury did the homework there, thanks for that. It kind of proves my point that we were not massively productive from the right wingback role and that we should be looking at improving there if we can. 

 

As i said previously, i dont dislike Hunt, but if we keep playing with wingbacks as our source of width and wide creativity, id hope we would consider someone who offers more in the way of crossing and dribbling ability. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

 

 

@Tewkesbury did the homework there, thanks for that. It kind of proves my point that we were not massively productive from the right wingback role and that we should be looking at improving there if we can. 

 

As i said previously, i dont dislike Hunt, but if we keep playing with wingbacks as our source of width and wide creativity, id hope we would consider someone who offers more in the way of crossing and dribbling ability. 

I'm not saying theres no one better than Hunt btw, there may well be. And of course when we're talking about goals from crosses, theres the whole other aspect of ones people on the end of them failed to convert, which i imagine is not that easy to work out the stats

 

But in terms of production, I don't see any RB/RWBs who did better in L1 last season unless someones aware of any (again, if there are any im happy to have that as part of the conversation too)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I'm not saying theres no one better than Hunt btw, there may well be. And of course when we're talking about goals from crosses, theres the whole other aspect of ones people on the end of them failed to convert, which i imagine is not that easy to work out the stats

 

But in terms of production, I don't see any RB/RWBs who did better in L1 last season unless someones aware of any (again, if there are any im happy to have that as part of the conversation too)

 

 

 

I do get what your saying and yeah a forward that puts them away is always helpful too. Personally though, I think wingbacks need to be a bit clever with the ball, be able to beat a man and be able to put in a good standard of cross on a fairly consistent basis (regardless of them being finished or not).

 

While Hunt wasnt terrible at all, he still rarely beats a man with the ball, he quite often play an aimless passes when hes under pressure, and even though its improved a lot, his final cross quality is still quite hit and miss. 

 

Obviously we aint gonna get an Alexander Arnold type who can do it all at this level, but find someone who can beat a man and get into better positions, or a player that can deliver a better ball more consitently and it could really help the team. Again, just a personal opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/05/2022 at 22:56, The coach said:

Too soppy and sentimental our fan base...we keep failing but everybody wants to keep everybody...what wer it that Einstein supposed to have said??

Not soppy or sentimental at all, quite the opposite in fact. 

 

Keep your better players, get rid of the poor ones, if someone better comes along bring them in. Same with the manager.

 

Hunt has been one of the top 4 performers, we should be replacing the poorer players not the best performing ones.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...