Wednesday Legends v Czech Republic Legends this Saturday! (Carbone and Llera are BACK!)

Large-5.webp

A team of Sheffield Wednesday Legends take on Czech Republic Legends at Hillsborough this weekend to raise funds for two charities

Tickets are priced at £6 for adults and £3 for concessions.

The friendly fixture has been arranged by the Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme with help from former Owls full back and Czech international Daniel Pudil.

Funds raised from the event will aid Weston Park Cancer Charity in Sheffield and Real Top Praha in Pudil’s homeland.

The Czech charity are supporting two-year old Simon, who is battling Lesch-Nyhan syndrome, a kidney-neurological disease affecting psychomotor development, causing organ failure, and leading the sufferer to commit self-harm.

Donations will help Simon receive the treatment he needs to prevent symptoms of the disease developing.

Weston Park Cancer Charity help thousands of people every year in the fight against cancer, conducting research, providing treatment, care and support for those with the illness and their families.

Players confirmed to be representing the Owls so far include:

David Lucas
Lee Bullen
Glenn Loovens
Miguel Llera
Graham Coughlan
Ross Wallace
Guy Branston
Lewis Buxton
Reda Johnson
Benito Carbone
Des Walker
JP McGovern
Paul Pashley
Dalton Smith

The Czech Republic side includes:

Jan Koller
Vladimir Smicer
Tomas Ujfalusi
Karel Rada
David Lafata
Roman Bednar
Marek Heinz
Zdenek Zlamal
Lukas Zelenka
Marek Pinc
Ondrej Pavelec

We look forward to seeing you at Hillsborough on Saturday!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

To support this cause and the SWFC community team, I have bought a big bunch of tickets for this match and would like to give them away to Owlstalk readers to come along and enjoy this match this Saturday lunchtime in the Sheffield sun!

Not sure the best way to go about it though - what do you reckon?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To support this cause and the SWFC community team, I have bought a big bunch of tickets for this match and would like to give them away to Owlstalk readers to come along and enjoy this match this Saturday lunchtime in the Sheffield sun!

Not sure the best way to go about it though - what do you reckon?

Can you do online raffles? 

Easiest way to do it and can raise extra money.

Or group scrap until there are only the same amount of people left as tickets. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Can you do online raffles? 

Easiest way to do it and can raise extra money.

Or group scrap until there are only the same amount of people left as tickets. 

Honestly I need to appoint a social committee group on here to organise stuff for me
I'm absolutely useless

lol

I bought a load of tickets to give away then forgot and sat on them till I remembered this morning!

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly I need to appoint a social committee group on here to organise stuff for me
I'm absolutely useless

lol

I bought a load of tickets to give away then forgot and sat on them till I remembered this morning!

Just think, what would you do if you'd organised a last minute October Drift gig and needed to shift some tickets. 

Twitter competition? One of these like, share and follow things? 

Race? First x amount of people to get to the entrance gets a ticket, the rest go home disappointed. To be fair though, we should all be used to leaving Hillsborough disappointed anyway so wouldn't be that different.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can a social committee get a Darren Moore emoji sorted in less than 14 months?

lol

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm absolutely useless

lol

Punch up in Hillsborough park it is then

21 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Leeds sold more

ha ha excitement is building if they go down im having a few drinks to celebrate ,shame we wont be at ellend  road next season to toast there relegation. come on burnley 

• Haha 1