Fletcher released

If a player was going to fake an injury or otherwise to protect himself...

Wouldn't he just ring in sick? Or 'fake' that injury on the training ground the day before? Or refuse to play? 

If you were going to fake it you wouldn't say during a game was the normal place to do so? 

2 hours ago, 83owl said:

We need fletch, Westy and hopefully Fessi back. 

Had to laugh saw Forestieri hit a 101st minute winner in malaysia from 25 yards and run into the crowd. 

Few highlight reels a season nowadays and not a lot else 

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Wouldn't he just ring in sick? Or 'fake' that injury on the training ground the day before? Or refuse to play? 

If you were going to fake it you wouldn't say during a game was the normal place to do so? 

Seemed a bit strange to me too. Just had a look at the data and he didn't start a game for more than three months after he went off injured in his last game for us, with only sub appearances for Stoke before that. Coincidentally, in his first appearance for Stoke he came on as sub to replace Lee Gregory.

• Like 1

I was a massive fan of Fletcher, especially in that season where he virtually kept us up with his goals in the first half of the season.

But although it took me a little white to shine to him, Lee Gregory is just the better player all round - he's like Fletcher with a poacher instinct. 

And for that reason, I'm out.

7 hours ago, davey_wells said:

I was a massive fan of Fletcher, especially in that season where he virtually kept us up with his goals in the first half of the season.

But although it took me a little white to shine to him, Lee Gregory is just the better player all round - he's like Fletcher with a poacher instinct. 

And for that reason, I'm out.

There is no way Gregory is a better player than Fletcher. There’s a reason why one of them has spent a lot of his career in the premiership and the other one in either L1 or the champ.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Howmanyowls said:

Who would make it into a Biscuit Knee FC for Wednesday? Almen and Wim have to feature surely? Would Fletcher get in the side? 

Wim not in that side 68/76 in the Prem League, not being arsed to play in the Championship is another matter. 

Phil Scott, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell RIP take the midfield slots with Abdi. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

We need younger, quicker strikers to support Gregory. 

Fletcher was a good player, but he's 34 now? and wasn't exactly blessed with pace in his pomp. 

To be fair i dont think Fletcher really needed pace, he has great feet and is very good in the air. Albeit pace is always a bonus. 

Ironically there's only Paterson who has that presence in the air for us now, definitely one of our weak links against tough sides. 

Im not advocating we get Fletcher back btw, at 35 i cant imagine injuries arent going to take over, but someone of that mould would do us some good. 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 12:29, WhiteOwl91 said:

Probably pocketed an appearance bonus. 

• Like 2

On 14/05/2022 at 08:50, 83owl said:

There is no way Gregory is a better player than Fletcher. There’s a reason why one of them has spent a lot of his career in the premiership and the other one in either L1 or the champ.

You're getting mixed up with how good a player has been in his career, versus how good they are now. 

As each player is now, Gregory is the better player for us.

On 13/05/2022 at 18:34, Howmanyowls said:

Who would make it into a Biscuit Knee FC for Wednesday? Almen and Wim have to feature surely? Would Fletcher get in the side? 

You should start a thread on that mate. Best Biscuit Knee Xl in the Chansiri era.

Might need a long subs bench too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davey_wells said:

You're getting mixed up with how good a player has been in his career, versus how good they are now. 

As each player is now, Gregory is the better player for us.

They’re a similar age. One of them still played in the championship last season, the other had to drop to L1.
Not to mention the fact that Gregory left Stoke because he was behind Fletcher in the pecking order. 

On 14/05/2022 at 09:04, elyowl1 said:

Wim not in that side 68/76 in the Prem League, not being arsed to play in the Championship is another matter. 

Phil Scott, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell RIP take the midfield slots with Abdi. 

Hinchcliffe definite starter at the back.