Jump to content

Fletcher released


Recommended Posts

If a player was going to fake an injury or otherwise to protect himself...

 

Wouldn't he just ring in sick? Or 'fake' that injury on the training ground the day before? Or refuse to play? 

 

If you were going to fake it you wouldn't say during a game was the normal place to do so? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

If a player was going to fake an injury or otherwise to protect himself...

 

Wouldn't he just ring in sick? Or 'fake' that injury on the training ground the day before? Or refuse to play? 

 

If you were going to fake it you wouldn't say during a game was the normal place to do so? 

 

Seemed a bit strange to me too. Just had a look at the data and he didn't start a game for more than three months after he went off injured in his last game for us, with only sub appearances for Stoke before that. Coincidentally, in his first appearance for Stoke he came on as sub to replace Lee Gregory.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a massive fan of Fletcher, especially in that season where he virtually kept us up with his goals in the first half of the season.

 

But although it took me a little white to shine to him, Lee Gregory is just the better player all round - he's like Fletcher with a poacher instinct. 

 

And for that reason, I'm out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, davey_wells said:

I was a massive fan of Fletcher, especially in that season where he virtually kept us up with his goals in the first half of the season.

 

But although it took me a little white to shine to him, Lee Gregory is just the better player all round - he's like Fletcher with a poacher instinct. 

 

And for that reason, I'm out.

There is no way Gregory is a better player than Fletcher. There’s a reason why one of them has spent a lot of his career in the premiership and the other one in either L1 or the champ.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Howmanyowls said:

Who would make it into a Biscuit Knee FC for Wednesday? Almen and Wim have to feature surely? Would Fletcher get in the side? 

Wim not in that side 68/76 in the Prem League, not being arsed to play in the Championship is another matter. 

Phil Scott, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell RIP take the midfield slots with Abdi. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

We need younger, quicker strikers to support Gregory. 

 

Fletcher was a good player, but he's 34 now? and wasn't exactly blessed with pace in his pomp. 

To be fair i dont think Fletcher really needed pace, he has great feet and is very good in the air. Albeit pace is always a bonus. 

 

Ironically there's only Paterson who has that presence in the air for us now, definitely one of our weak links against tough sides. 

 

Im not advocating we get Fletcher back btw, at 35 i cant imagine injuries arent going to take over, but someone of that mould would do us some good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2022 at 12:29, WhiteOwl91 said:

If a player was going to fake an injury or otherwise to protect himself...

 

Wouldn't he just ring in sick? Or 'fake' that injury on the training ground the day before? Or refuse to play? 

 

If you were going to fake it you wouldn't say during a game was the normal place to do so? 

Probably pocketed an appearance bonus. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/05/2022 at 08:50, 83owl said:

There is no way Gregory is a better player than Fletcher. There’s a reason why one of them has spent a lot of his career in the premiership and the other one in either L1 or the champ.

You're getting mixed up with how good a player has been in his career, versus how good they are now. 

 

As each player is now, Gregory is the better player for us.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2022 at 18:34, Howmanyowls said:

Who would make it into a Biscuit Knee FC for Wednesday? Almen and Wim have to feature surely? Would Fletcher get in the side? 


You should start a thread on that mate. Best Biscuit Knee Xl in the Chansiri era.

 

Might need a long subs bench too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, davey_wells said:

You're getting mixed up with how good a player has been in his career, versus how good they are now. 

 

As each player is now, Gregory is the better player for us.

 

They’re a similar age. One of them still played in the championship last season, the other had to drop to L1.
Not to mention the fact that Gregory left Stoke because he was behind Fletcher in the pecking order. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/05/2022 at 09:04, elyowl1 said:

Wim not in that side 68/76 in the Prem League, not being arsed to play in the Championship is another matter. 

Phil Scott, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell RIP take the midfield slots with Abdi. 

Hinchcliffe definite starter at the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...