Fletcher released

40 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not a chance.

One of the leading money grabbing part timers that assisted Chancer in spunking his millions up the wall.

In all fairness players have only ever spoken about how professional he was, how he looked after himself, set an example and what a leader in the room he was. 

He more or less carried us for a season up front as well. 

We massively suffered when he left. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

Not required, Gregory fills his role. Young, hungry mobile striker with bones that aren't made of shortbread for me please 

Yes, exactly 💯 

Fletcher is just another old mercenary footballer.

We don't need his type, fleecing our beloved club anymore.

• Love 1

On 11/05/2022 at 17:16, MallorcaOwl said:

No, not after he pretended to be injured when he came on as a sub

Exactly this, disgraceful!😡🤬

A lot of our troubles were synonymous with his type.

All take and no give in the end.

He wasn't the only one either...

• Like 1

I wouldnt have that geezer back here in ANY capacity, if he didnt want to jeopardize his next hair transplant he should have told the manager he didnt want to play not lay down like a pu55y, conned us all when wed stood by him through all his injury lay offs and kept lining his pocket. To55er

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, markg said:

Did he definitely feign injury then?

Only Fletcher can answer that to be fair. Saving himself from injury to get one last contract? That's certainly what it looked like. 

I wasn't a fan for a long time after his start, maybe put off to a degree from a Sunderland mate who rated him, but warned he was lazy and selfish. 

Then he came very, very good, and put in one particular performance that was right up there with the best all round forward performances I've ever seen at Hillsborough in 30 years or so - granted, at Championship level. 

Then he left the club, with a lot of doubts lingering - compared to how Kieran Lee put everything on the line for us, risking pretty much everything contract wise, and his future football career, I know how I read it. 

Lee - legend.

Fletcher - tainted (at best), I wouldn't want him anywhere near SWFC. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not a chance.

One of the leading money grabbing part timers that assisted Chancer in spunking his millions up the wall.

This 100% and the way he deserted the sinking ship like a rat.  Wasn’t that after earlier on in the season saying how he would like to finish his career at Wednesday.  How does that saying go - wouldn’t **** on him if he was on fire!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Otley Owl said:

Only Fletcher can answer that to be fair. Saving himself from injury to get one last contract? That's certainly what it looked like. 

I wasn't a fan for a long time after his start, maybe put off to a degree from a Sunderland mate who rated him, but warned he was lazy and selfish. 

Then he came very, very good, and put in one particular performance that was right up there with the best all round forward performances I've ever seen at Hillsborough in 30 years or so - granted, at Championship level. 

Then he left the club, with a lot of doubts lingering - compared to how Kieran Lee put everything on the line for us, risking pretty much everything contract wise, and his future football career, I know how I read it. 

Lee - legend.

Fletcher - tainted (at best), I wouldn't want him anywhere near SWFC. 

I wouldn’t want him back either.  To be honest I didn’t see much of his last few games as it was when fans weren’t allowed in and I’d become really distant from it all. 

• Like 2