Retained list

45 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Myself I'd keep Hunt,Hutch and maybe Dunk but,that  depends if we can get Storey back.

Can see Wildsmith staying as then we won't  be searching for 2 keepers.

Going  to be intresting now we can go out early and get players in for fees and not have to wait for loans and old freebies pick n choosing on big money from Championship.

UTO...

Chey Dunkley has played just 33 games out of a possible 92 in the last two season.

He would be the first one out of the door for me, we cannot keep paying for these crocks.

Hutch with 1 knackered knee played 50  in the last 18 months and he only came back last January.

We need players that can play 40+ games a season not ones that break after playing 20+.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Says in Star deadline for retained list is next Saturday but likely TBA before then. 

I wonder if the prices go up, after that the same way fans after pay more when the deadline passes! :tango:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Not a surprise. Perhaps the easier decisions to be made.

Shouldnt have let Wildsmith go as according to some on here 'The Lad' is one of our own............like our 'other' top keeper.....who has had a great season...in Div 4...

What next? saw him having a kick around in Hillsboro park wi some kids and he looked great? 

Lets have him back as NO 1?

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

Shouldnt have let Wildsmith go as according to some on here 'The Lad' is one of our own............like our 'other' top keeper.....who has had a great season...in Div 4...

What next? saw him having a kick around in Hillsboro park wi some kids and he looked great? 

The club may of offered wildsmith a deal he won’t be on much for what a second third choice keeper will be on but like Dawson, Wildsmith has to be playing first team football now if that’s in league 2 and building his way back up that’s another thing

if I was wildsmith and I suspect when Dawson’s contract finally runs down he’ll sign for a club on a free on a 2 year deal as number 1 or the strong position to be number 1 

hrs got plenty of years to find his level playing regularly now 

realisticly he’s never going to be our number 1 

but he’s done a sound enough job in making up our goalkeepers for years and that’s come through our academy, now we bring the next young one through and look for a second / first choice replacement hopefully the next youth product kicks on that bit  more to be one our number 1 

The fact that the list hasn't been released yet suggests the manager is trying to talk out of contract players in to staying

I think wages may be a sticking point, we will probably be offering all out of contract players less than what they were on previously because the deals that are due to end were awarded when we were a championship club

I don't expect Wildesmith to stay, but you never know.

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

The club may of offered wildsmith a deal he won’t be on much for what a second third choice keeper will be on but like Dawson, Wildsmith has to be playing first team football now if that’s in league 2 and building his way back up that’s another thing

if I was wildsmith and I suspect when Dawson’s contract finally runs down he’ll sign for a club on a free on a 2 year deal as number 1 or the strong position to be number 1 

hrs got plenty of years to find his level playing regularly now 

realisticly he’s never going to be our number 1 

but he’s done a sound enough job in making up our goalkeepers for years and that’s come through our academy, now we bring the next young one through and look for a second / first choice replacement hopefully the next youth product kicks on that bit  more to be one our number 1 

I suspect Wildsmith could end up somewhere like Donny regular football and no need to relocate. I saw another ex Keeper ODonnell has signed for Rochdale. There a lot of keeper who came through our youth ranks kicking around at the moment.

i hope we can start kicking on a getting a few players in for next season instead of leaving it to the last minute again and having to pay over the odds for dross.

its only about 5-6 weeks until preseason starts so the club need to get a move on, as no pre season friendly, train camps etc announced either.

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Most players who have had a great season in Div4 usually then get a chance in Div3.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, striker said:

This fella, he's making a start on the list..

image.png.1b27f3790482609dc056f7f43e29daa2.png

Is that the blackboard he uses for his team talks I wonder. Looks a bit rough round the edges or is it on someones wall, never had him down as a graffiti type of bloke TBH. Should be ashamed of himself.