Going to be a really interesting one this season. Lots of uncertainty surrounding our current crop of out of contract players. Not so long ago, Moore sounded very confident that he'd be able to convince players to stay, no matter the outcome. 

At the moment I'd say that Luongo is definitely off. Judging by his actions after the game. 

• Like 1

Some interesting names have already been released from championship clubs. Always a good opportunity to pick up some good free transfers if you get in early. 

Stoke have released Fletcher (not suggesting him in the slightest) but also James Chester, Tommy Smith formerly of Hudds and Tom Ince. Boro have released Sol Bamba, Lee Peltier and Neil Taylor. PNE have released loads, but the standouts maybe Scott Sinclair and Tom Barkhuizen, who has had a good champ career. Obviously a common theme in released championship players are they're aging, and usually on high wages. But they look the standouts from the released lists so far. 

Vadaine Oliver hasn't signed a new deal at Gills either.

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

I’d expect Patterson, Dunkley and Wildsmith also to be released due to a mixture of high wages and lack of game time

I think thats a good call. Pato is a bit of a marmite character, personally I think he's a nuisence type player that is only needed in certain circumstances. He'd have to settle for being a squad player for me.

The others will return to their parent club clearly. I hope we have the foresight to get business done and simply not wait for ever in the vein hope we might get them back, eg BPF & Storey. Mass I see leaving.

There's some damn good young players at other clubs we aught to be looking at. 

For us my guess would be; 

Wildsmith - gone 

Dunkley - gone 

Pato - ? - we’ll offer due to his versatility but not sure if he’ll accept considering a lack of playing time.

Hunt - stay 

Hutch - stay 

NML - Think we’ll offer one but possibly will go elsewhere. 

Luongo - I think he’ll go even if we offer him something. 
Beharino - difficult second guessing DM with this. Poor start but picked up. Think we’ll offer him a contract and will stay. 

On 11/05/2022 at 08:44, yeadonowl said:

I’d expect Patterson, Dunkley and Wildsmith also to be released due to a mixture of high wages and lack of game time

Read elsewhere that Pato has another year on his contract…

• Like 2

Myself I'd keep Hunt,Hutch and maybe Dunk but,that  depends if we can get Storey back.

Can see Wildsmith staying as then we won't  be searching for 2 keepers.

Going  to be intresting now we can go out early and get players in for fees and not have to wait for loans and old freebies pick n choosing on big money from Championship.

UTO...