EFL released lists

13 hours ago, Marc_Degryse said:

It'd be quite good if the buggers could keep 'em out the other end first! Our defensive record from set pieces has been poor all season, if only we had a manager who knew something about defending...

To be fair the additions in Jan made a massive difference to our defensive record..

On 10/05/2022 at 21:51, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Not on released list but the two out of contract players we should try hard to get are Jordan Thorniley and Alfie May.

Thorniley has done well since he left us and this season has been his best. Did well at Oxford before Xmas and then went back to Blackpool and kept his place. Left sided centre back, 25 yrs old - great fit.

Alfie May, 25 goals, caused us loads of issues, runs channels and will be hungry to prove himself at a big club.

Also Josh Murphy, 27 yrs old and good winger.

On 10/05/2022 at 21:51, SiJ said:

Cardiff releasing loads: 

Pack is one of 10 senior players at Cardiff who are out of contract, along with captain Sean Morrison, Joe Ralls, Will Vaulks, Aden Flint, Leandro Bacuna, Ciaron Brown, Josh Murphy and Isaac Vassell.

Will Vaulks, 28yrs old a fit for Luongo in midfield + Josh Murphy.

Just a thought (and I know technically they are unemployed), but maybe some of these players, decent players at that, may have been released because their wage demands are too high. 

Therefore if championship clubs are baulking at their wage terms, unlikely to fit a L1 budget. 

We'll know which players likely to be in this category as the ones still holding out for the cash at the end of the window. Others likely to have deals lined up, potentially at other championship clubs. 

I would have thought Dominic Ball is someone we’d look at 

Defensive midfielder that can play centre half and full back I believe,  Wednesday type of signing all day long 

On 10/05/2022 at 21:56, SallyCinnamon said:

Was a bit bemused when we sold Thorniley at the time. Solid young defender and ironically now playing in a division higher than us! 

I remember Thorniley's performance at Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of season's ago.

The team were given a lesson in football that night except for Thorniley who had Higuian in his pocket all evening.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I remember Thorniley's performance at Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of season's ago.

The team were given a lesson in football that night except for Thorniley who had Higuian in his pocket all evening.

He was very good in the 0-0 draws with the pigs too, when we were gonna get battered, allegedly. Especially when we had 10 men I think, but my memory could be flawed. 🤔

• Like 2

On 10/05/2022 at 22:30, Devonstrix said:

After a good start, Ryan Broom struggled to get in the Argyle side. He’s decent but definitely not good enough for us. Camara has been put on the transfer list but obviously they will want a fee for him

Camara would be ideal, exactly what we lack in midfield 

2 hours ago, Nick1498 said:

Read something that Moore is interested in Freddie Ladapo. He doesn’t want to stay at rotherham either as he put a transfer request in. I don’t think Michael Smith wanted to stay either 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

My mate calls him Lacrappo and says he wants to go back down south, apparently he has a big ego and not a team player, I'd have Smith though but he will either stay there or go to another championship club.

On 11/05/2022 at 22:04, room0035 said:

I would be testing AFC Wimbledon for Rudoni over 100 league appearances only 20 and coming off a great season in a struggling team.

12 goals, 5 assists in 41 games, plays LM, RM and CM and scores and creates from all arrears.

I would also keep an eye what happens with Matty Longstaff at NUFC, out of contract, on loan at Mansfield this season, but is the right age and will get better and better with playing regular. Doesn't have a look in at Newcastle.

I liked the looks of Rudoni when they played against us. Scored a nice goal too. Would imagine he'd be desperate for a move after their relegation. 

• Like 3