EFL released lists

18 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Not on released list but the two out of contract players we should try hard to get are Jordan Thorniley and Alfie May.

Thorniley has done well since he left us and this season has been his best. Did well at Oxford before Xmas and then went back to Blackpool and kept his place. Left sided centre back, 25 yrs old - great fit.

Alfie May, 25 goals, caused us loads of issues, runs channels and will be hungry to prove himself at a big club.

Thorniley has an option year at Blackpool that they have taken up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Was a bit bemused when we sold Thorniley at the time. Solid young defender and ironically now playing in a division higher than us! 

It was a strange one, I thought at the time was there a non football reason behind it, no idea what but he was getting game time.

• Like 1

With likes of Bannan, Johnson and Gregory likely to be backbone of our team next season We need to look at young players with quality and potential to help them out and learn from them.

WHEN WE GET promoted next season We don't want to be left with core of 34-35 year olds and bunch of League One players.

Biggest success this season id that We figured out how We want to play and what type of players We need in each position.

Midfield ids a key for us and it must be further improved, especially if Luongo leaves. Adeniran And Dele are talented players, but they don't fit in with how We want to play and in my opinion neither should be a starter next season.

There are gems out there and We must look to bring them in if We can.

Again this Summer, Brighton and Scotland U-21 captain Marc Leonard would be first name on my list. 20 years old with skill, character and determination who works hard, creates and scores goals. He would fit in brilliantly alongside Bannan and Byers and would make us even better passing side instantly.

Dawson Devoy - another 20 years old doing brilliantly for Bohemian in Irish League. MK Dons had bid accepted for him, but he decided to turn them down. Dons have eye for a player and if they could afford him so should We. It is always a risk to sign players from such a modest league, but in this case reward could be much bigger than investment. very skillful player who plays with his head up and is sees everything "on the pitch". Very much reminds me of young Wes Hoolahan when I watched him for Shelbourne and Livingston.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

100%

Forest Green right back Wilson is supposed to be on Wednesdays radar too 

Kane Wilson ?   He’s a talent him, bagged a load of assists for FGR 

I’d heard WBA in for him,  I think he’ll get a championship club 

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

Blackburn haven't got a manager yet so it might be just the usual rumours going around. 

You make a good point. Could be agent talk trying to get him a new contract or some offers on the table.

James Norwood left Ipswich, wrong side of 30 and not had the best spell down there ,  ideally I’d want a younger signing but Norwood is a goal scorer at this level 

If you have a neb at his Ipswich record I don’t think it’s too shabby considering he’s had a few injuries down there and not always played 

Could be a worth a look for us 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

James Norwood left Ipswich, wrong side of 30 and not had the best spell down there ,  ideally I’d want a younger signing but Norwood is a goal scorer at this level 

If you have a neb at his Ipswich record I don’t think it’s too shabby considering he’s had a few injuries down there and not always played 

i thought that but then got to think

do we want an Ipswich reject as such ? 
Do agree with ur point though he’s always been a decent striker . Feel he will get another decent league one team anyway 

28 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It would be a yes from me. 

I've been hoping for a while, that DM might have him on his list

5 hours ago, malek said:

With likes of Bannan, Johnson and Gregory likely to be backbone of our team next season We need to look at young players with quality and potential to help them out and learn from them.

WHEN WE GET promoted next season We don't want to be left with core of 34-35 year olds and bunch of League One players.

Biggest success this season id that We figured out how We want to play and what type of players We need in each position.

Midfield ids a key for us and it must be further improved, especially if Luongo leaves. Adeniran And Dele are talented players, but they don't fit in with how We want to play and in my opinion neither should be a starter next season.

Again this Summer, Brighton and Scotland U-21 captain Marc Leonard would be first name on my list. 20 years old with skill, character and determination who works hard, creates and scores goals. He would fit in brilliantly alongside Bannan and Byers and would make us even better passing side instantly.

Dawson Devoy - another 20 years old doing brilliantly for Bohemian in Irish League. MK Dons had bid accepted for him, but he decided to turn them down. Dons have eye for a player and if they could afford him so should We. It is always a risk to sign players from such a modest league, but in this case reward could be much bigger than investment. very skillful player who plays with his head up and is sees everything "on the pitch". Very much reminds me of young Wes Hoolahan when I watched him for Shelbourne and Livingston.

I would be testing AFC Wimbledon for Rudoni over 100 league appearances only 20 and coming off a great season in a struggling team.

12 goals, 5 assists in 41 games, plays LM, RM and CM and scores and creates from all arrears.

I would also keep an eye what happens with Matty Longstaff at NUFC, out of contract, on loan at Mansfield this season, but is the right age and will get better and better with playing regular. Doesn't have a look in at Newcastle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

If we can’t get dean, I’d get flint and look for a younger cb too 

Still not written Brennan off me,  and would also suspect DM will fancy bringing Gibson back 

5 hours ago, malek said:

To be fair mate, you should get in touch with the club. You’ve name checked a few players over the years who have gone on to have decent careers! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Let's just get players to get us promoted,

And sort it out after,dont worry about age,players who can play in this shyte division first and foremost. 

4 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Need goals from the central defenders too.

Llera and Johnson used to score from free kicks and corners every other game.

We haven't had that threat for a good few years at Wednesday.

It'd be quite good if the buggers could keep 'em out the other end first! Our defensive record from set pieces has been poor all season, if only we had a manager who knew something about defending...

On 10/05/2022 at 21:53, hopevalleyowl said:

I know we’re trying to sign younger players but I reckon Tom Ince would be a great addition for this league (subject to sensible wages)

Not in my book, terribly over rated

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair mate, you should get in touch with the club. You’ve name checked a few players over the years who have gone on to have decent careers! 

I remember him bigging Matt O Riley up last year.....now in Celtic`s first team after they signed him from MK.....similarly Ollie Rathbone who was a mainstay for Rotherham all last season.

• Like 1

Few bits on social media about Jack Tucker from Gillingham,  know Ipswich and Charlton also fancied him 

Believe he’s out of contract could be wrong,  know they turned a few quid down for him on deadline day 

Storey and Dean Arnt ours, Dunkley I think will leave , so a couple of centre half’s we will deffo be needing