EFL released lists

Bit disappointed Thorniley’s signed a new deal cos he would’ve been a very decent signing for us on a free, being left footed he’d solve our LCB issue. Always thought he looked good when he was here but I suppose he had 4/5 more senior players in front of him then

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Bit disappointed Thorniley’s signed a new deal cos he would’ve been a very decent signing for us on a free, being left footed he’d solve our LCB issue. Always thought he looked good when he was here but I suppose he had 4/5 more senior players in front of him then

Although to be fair, not sure he’s a ball playing defender. Not sure entirely suited to Moore’s system.

37 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Matt Butcher and/or Joe Rothwell would be great. 

Simarlarly, with Ryan Broom but expect he'll be off to Plymouth

After a good start, Ryan Broom struggled to get in the Argyle side. He’s decent but definitely not good enough for us. Camara has been put on the transfer list but obviously they will want a fee for him

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Although to be fair, not sure he’s a ball playing defender. Not sure entirely suited to Moore’s system.

From what I remember of him at Hillsborough he was ok with the ball wasn’t he? I don’t remember him ever really having a nightmare

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Not on released list but the two out of contract players we should try hard to get are Jordan Thorniley and Alfie May.

Thorniley has done well since he left us and this season has been his best. Did well at Oxford before Xmas and then went back to Blackpool and kept his place. Left sided centre back, 25 yrs old - great fit.

Alfie May, 25 goals, caused us loads of issues, runs channels and will be hungry to prove himself at a big club.

Blackburn are looking at May so we've no chance of that 

With our finances we need to be trying to identify players that could have a sale value. Kane Wilson at forest green is one that we should be in for. Right back, 22, out of contract and wanted by a few championship clubs. But we should be able to offer first team football too. Not particularly a position we desperately need to strengthen but the type we need to be in for early.

• Like 2

A lot of these are older players on a downwards trajectory. Teams like Coventry, Luton, Blackpool who in recent seasons have had success in L1 and solidified in the Champ had younger squads with up and coming players. I think that's really important not just for this season but to remove this constant short termism that the clubs runs with year to year. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Not on released list but the two out of contract players we should try hard to get are Jordan Thorniley and Alfie May.

Thorniley has done well since he left us and this season has been his best. Did well at Oxford before Xmas and then went back to Blackpool and kept his place. Left sided centre back, 25 yrs old - great fit.

Alfie May, 25 goals, caused us loads of issues, runs channels and will be hungry to prove himself at a big club.

Need to wait another 10 years before looking at them

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

With our finances we need to be trying to identify players that could have a sale value. Kane Wilson at forest green is one that we should be in for. Right back, 22, out of contract and wanted by a few championship clubs. But we should be able to offer first team football too. Not particularly a position we desperately need to strengthen but the type we need to be in for early.

Came through WBA’s academy so might know DM, could be promising

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

A lot of these are older players on a downwards trajectory. Teams like Coventry, Luton, Blackpool who in recent seasons have had success in L1 and solidified in the Champ had younger squads with up and coming players. I think that's really important not just for this season but to remove this constant short termism that the clubs runs with year to year. 

Completely agree with this. Feels like we are doing a fairly major rebuild every year. Fed up of the "need time to gell" testicles

11 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Broom at Plymouth is a busy little bugger - always been impressed with his contributions.

Sean Morrison worth looking at [again]..

Morrison has been out injured since February and not expected back till November at the earliest 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Absolutely,  we’ve got the experience around the squad for me with Johnson , Bannan and Gregory and if we keep hold of Hunt and Hutchinson even more so , even Palmer 

We really need to be building around younger players,  FDB and Adeniran are the ones I’d look towards making a huge impact next season , up front we need to sign a couple of dynamic young players I absolutely do not wanna see us chasing the likes of Madine or any other journeyman 

I think we’ll go for Will Boyle again if he hasn’t got champ interest, and again at the back I’d really look to sign a young player or two , ideally we can get a Harlee Dean type back to mix it up but we can’t be relying on journeymen we need a squad that can go up and look to consolidate in the championship