Persuasion

35 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

How can Sheffield Wednesday persuade as many fans who went yesterday who don't normally attend to do so next season?

It's a simple question, and offering thousands of free tickets per game like our porcine neighbours isn't an answer.  

Winning games regularly 

37 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Serve food.

Instead of whatever that is at the Kiosks.

Eat before you go, eat when you get home it's a football stadium not a friggin restaurant 🙄

We shouldn't have to persuade fans to come, it doesn't matter if it's 30,000 or 20,000 it's the 11 players on the pitch that matter, and who's managing them, I'll give you a prime example of this, it's what a Rotherham fan sent me,

38 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’d prefer the opposite. Keep the regular 23k and balls to the rest. Can’t get parked up, shitters full and takes longer to get home. Big crowds very overrated. 

I understand the point you are making. It took 90 minutes to get home last night for just over 3 miles, so the infrastructure for that many cars is not there.

And I am sure they have worked out that 23k at high prices brings more in than 30k at reduced prices. And I really wonder if 3rd tier players are as much intimidated by big crowds as encouraged( Wembley 2016, Huddersfield 2017, Sunderland 2022) ?

Having said all that, seeing the ground almost full twice in 10 days was brilliant and a balanced solution would be good. 

3 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

We shouldn't have to persuade fans to come, it doesn't matter if it's 30,000 or 20,000 it's the 11 players on the pitch that matter, and who's managing them, I'll give you a prime example of this, it's what a Rotherham fan sent me,

Oops,  can't get it up..

Season tickets paid for over 12 monthly payments. £30 a month may be more affordable for some.

Good bands with a decent sound system, pre match and half time.

Player meet and greets for the kids. Had a great time watching my grandkids scurrying around for photos with players over the last 2 games. They are the future, keep em interested. 

I’ve never understood for the life of me why we don’t have ticket stall at owls in the park with an offer on . Buy a kid ticket get adult free for a game . Anything ! Literally thousands of kids  rinsing there parents to go on a bouncy castle . Yet the club doesn’t take advantage of the situation. 

1 minute ago, Avon barksdale said:

I’ve never understood for the life of me why we don’t have ticket stall at owls in the park with an offer on . Buy a kid ticket get adult free for a game . Anything ! Literally thousands of kids  rinsing there parents to go on a bouncy castle . Yet the club doesn’t take advantage of the situation. 

I think it's a deliberate choice to not look like they're just rinsing fans

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's a deliberate choice to not look like they're just rinsing fans

Why though , doesn’t make sense to me . They could give away 5000 kids tickets that day with a paying adult !! Kids can be very persuasive at these type of days ,believe I know !! 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I’d prefer the opposite. Keep the regular 23k and balls to the rest. Can’t get parked up, shitters full and takes longer to get home. Big crowds very overrated. 

Your right...... 80 mins to get ther n home yesterday..... Usually 40.....

Could a decreasing price each match work, based on the fact most people are in the database and there's an already simple points algorithm at work that wouldn't need much programming, 1st match £30, next £29, next £27, next £26, you get the idea!?