Dawson and the keeper conundrum

Seems CD has pulled off some minor miracles at Exeter. They’re desperate to keep him albeit same league as us. 
I didn’t rate him but willing to look again surely just like PNE will look at Storey again. 
What’s peoples views or do we look elsewhere? 

That’s a tough one. In some people’s eyes he’s no good, so I think that the first mistake he made if he did come back here would result in uproar and meltdown.

So it’s probably best for his own development to stay at Exeter or move somewhere else. Not sure his confidence and general well being could stand being singled out for blame back here, as was the case before.

Then we can look for another goalkeeper who may either become the new hero, or the new scapegoat.

Playing for us in front of a sometimes pretty toxic crowd is a completely different experience to Exeter. Fair play to him, he's knuckled down and given it everything by all accounts, but DM let him go for a reason (could argue to gain experience, but DM wanted/needed better).

If I'm honest, I've never felt confident seeing either Wildsmith or Dawson 8on the teamsheet. I'll give him another chance, because he deserves it, but I don't think he'll be our Number 1.

Guest mrbluesky

Couple of mistakes and back to square one, personally I’d let him find another club, ours fans will kill his confidence 

I assume DM has had people watching him while at Exeter to see how he is developing. If he comes back I will assume it’s because he’s good enough. He’s 26 now so if he isn’t good enough for L1 now he never will be! Personally I’d like BPF to stay but don’t know if Burnley will want him back here or to a Championship club. The best young keeper I’ve seen all season is Gavin Bazunu who Portsmouth have on loan from Man City. He looked to be an excellent prospect. 

43 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Can't confess to having watched Exeter, but I think moore wants a keeper who is comfortable with the ball at his feet. Never got the impression Dawson or wildsmith could really do that.

Good point that. He wouldn’t fit into our style of playing out that is a fact.