Anti-Timewasting Campaign

1 hour ago, George Whitebread said:

I'm so fed up with the rules of football not being enforced that I'm thinking of putting an anti-timewasting campaign together. A website, a petition...all that.

Would you sign such a petition and do you think I should bother... or would I be wasting my time (ironically!)?

(p.s. this is not about last night or any individual game in particular, it's about football in general...it's going down the swanny!)

I think every football fan would sign it mate

Even the ones of the clubs that benefit from it

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Dead against just stopping the clock. I don't think that would only make a slight difference. They aren't just looking to eat away time as it's added on anyway, it's the momentum that they are trying to stop.

• Like 2

Don't need timekeepers, the mechanism exists to book players for timewasting. Sending players off will resolve the problem, as would more robust punishment for diving. 

Player gets a warning, next time a booking, next time a red card. Team start to share out timewasting duties, captain spoken to, next time booking, then red card. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't need timekeepers, the mechanism exists to book players for timewasting. Sending players off will resolve the problem, as would more robust punishment for diving. 

Player gets a warning, next time a booking, next time a red card. Team start to share out timewasting duties, captain spoken to, next time booking, then red card. 

THIS...what do refs/officials/FA  talk about when they get together?

Think they must be terrified of spoiling the 'spectacle'..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

or would I be wasting my time

There is certainly room for debate around the issue. Is it a problem? Does it spoil the game or is it just a part of it?

Can referees do anything to stamp it out? Do they need more power?

I'm furious at watching time wasting, maybe its just cos we don't do it well enough but for 70 minutes last night, until we scored, it was such a dull affair. The Wycombe away was dreadful to witness too.

I hope the final is full of time wasting is 0-0 after extra time and I don't care who wins the penalties as long as both sets of fans are thoroughly bored and frustrated lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's been the same since Drogba started throwing himself on the floor.  

Nobody has any respect for officials anymore (did they before?)  and it's just become mind games between the manager and the ref.  O'Neil must actually be telling his team to do these things.

Or am I just naiive?

• Like 1

It's part of a wider problem with refs in general.

They should get the rugby officials to mentor them, as things such as respect, VAR, stopped clocks, even the fact that only the captain and whoever was involved in an incident can talk to the ref, all work really well.

If they can do it, why not in football.

• Like 2

How about the sin bin option?

For every incidence of time wasting, the player initiating it is binned for 10 minutes.

The time wasting team then has a decision to make as to whether to continue breaking momentum and have their player numbers continually reduced or actually play fair.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Just need better officials.

More help from the 4th official?

Last nights ref looked a hundred miles from being in control of that game.

Half the  time  he didn't  know what he was doing