Jump to content

A few questions:


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

We had Andre Green and Jaden Brown on the wings at Charlton.

 

No wonder that system didn't work out...

 

Yeah!

 

I'm just trying to work out and remember how we started the season, what players we had and who was at the managers disposal

 

It's not hindsight either by the way because I was screaming at the club to get their business done and dusted and not stumble slowly into a new season with a ramshackle squad


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutchinson

Palmer

Adeniran

Wing

Bannan

Green

Paterson

Brown

 

Substitutes

Byers

Johnson

Kamberi

Luongo

Dunkley

Corbeanu

Wildsmith

 

Other than the wingers, it wasn't a bad squad on paper. Adeniran and Wing were new signings, we didn't know that Wing was going to turn out to be a waste of space. Not sure if we'd already signed Gregory at that point or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Yeah!

 

I'm just trying to work out and remember how we started the season, what players we had and who was at the managers disposal

 

It's not hindsight either by the way because I was screaming at the club to get their business done and dusted and not stumble slowly into a new season with a ramshackle squad

Yes, the point is that we didn’t hit the ground running and started the season too slowly. Yes, I think we were top after about 4 games, but we never looked IMHO that good.


We need a fast and strong start next season and to really go for automatic promotion - starting off with a settled side and players who are familiar with each other would help

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

. Not sure if we'd already signed Gregory at that point or not?

 

I think we had but he was injured/not fit for the first few games, might have even signed the day before Charlton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There won't be the volume of signings and change this season. We have the core of the team already in place and just need to add to fit the style of play we have established.

 

Also, we now have no restrictions on recruitment so have more choice.

 

We showed this season that we can achieve 85 points, add another 5 or 6 points to that and we are going up automatically.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

We had Andre Green and Jaden Brown on the wings at Charlton.

 

No wonder that system didn't work out...

Andre green, 2 ppg

Jayden Brown, 1.91 ppg.

 

So both above the team average. Went terribly that.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Andre green, 2 ppg

Jayden Brown, 1.91 ppg.

 

So both above the team average. Went terribly that.

 

Goals scored this season with Andre Green on the pitch - zero. Subbed against Doncaster on 70 minutes at 0-0.  5 minutes later we were 2-0 up, yet you're crediting Green with the win and the PPG lol

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, striker said:

There won't be the volume of signings and change this season. We have the core of the team already in place and just need to add to fit the style of play we have established.

 

Also, we now have no restrictions on recruitment so have more choice.

 

We showed this season that we can achieve 85 points, add another 5 or 6 points to that and we are going up automatically.

Can see Dawson being first choice, ,, couple of centre backs to replace Hutch, Dean and Storey. Then a couple of quality strikers  ( ,,one a big target man)to replace, Sow , Kamberi, will let DM decide on Sadio and NML. But we will have a squad capable of winning the league.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alanharper said:

 

Goals scored this season with Andre Green on the pitch - zero. Subbed against Doncaster on 70 minutes at 0-0.  5 minutes later we were 2-0 up, yet you're crediting Green with the win and the PPG lol

 

 

 

 

 

Why not, he played.

Does everyone who gets subbed not count now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Why not, he played.

Does everyone who gets subbed not count now?

Surely you see the problem with you trying to defend against the facts just presented

 

It's like claiming a cricketer that averages 0 runs a game worked well because their team won each game, when in fact the victory was nothing to do with them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Surely you see the problem with you trying to defend against the facts just presented

 

It's like claiming a cricketer that averages 0 runs a game worked well because their team won each game, when in fact the victory was nothing to do with them. 

It was a post about andre green.

 

However, he played 132 minutes of 180, so I'd say it has everything to do with him as he was on the pitch.

 

Cricket's a whole other ball game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

It was a post about andre green.

 

However, he played 132 minutes of 180, so I'd say it has everything to do with him as he was on the pitch.

 

Cricket's a whole other ball game.

But when he leaves the pitch at 0-0.... (1ppg) and we then score twice to win (3ppg) that is literally 2 points he didnt help achieve and you're factoring that into his contribution!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Luke said:

I remember people saying it was a fantastic draw at a place that's hard to get a result at and Charlton would be right up there 

 

A few months ago I looked back through a thread from just after that game to see what the consensus was for our prospects this season. From memory, the majority seemed to feel it was a campaign to establish ourselves at this level before looking for a realistic promotion challenge. A fair few actually feared going down. Yet now we were really Manchester City all along.

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But when he leaves the pitch at 0-0.... (1ppg) and we then score twice to win (3ppg) that is literally 2 points he didnt help achieve and you're factoring that into his contribution!

 

Not worth it mate, I think he's one of those who just like to argue on the internet and will never back down even when presented with logic, facts and reasoning.

 

All hail Dele-Bashiru though. coming on in the 88th minute against Portsmouth last week to win the game and get his PPG record up...

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, alanharper said:

 

Not worth it mate, I think he's one of those who just like to argue on the internet and will never back down even when presented with logic, facts and reasoning.

 

All hail Dele-Bashiru though. coming on in the 88th minute against Portsmouth last week to win the game and get his PPG record up...

 

 

Fair point mate, allowing myself to get drawn in there! 

 

Great stat...maybe Dele-Bashiru is the answer! 🤣

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...