Team for next year

2 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I think theres every chance that these guys will be here for the coming season. 

Hutch 

Dean

Dunkley

Mendez Laing

Pato

Berahino

Sow

Dawson will come back. He'll be our number one. 

Other than that I think that we'll see more of Dele-Bashiru and Brennan will come back into the fold. 

We'll need a new striker and a couple of midfield monsters. 

Agree with most of this. 

Although I’d only keep Hutch/NML. I’d like to keep Dean but I think he’ll be on big wages and I figure a Derby/Barnsley type might pay over the odds to bring him in for a season. Did FDB sign an extension as well, I thought he was a FA this summer too? Either way, he has to stay shown so much promise this season. 

Im certain Windass will be sold to generate some ££, possibly Iorfa too as he doesn’t suit this system and we can only afford to have 1 non ball playing CB really. 

It’s going to be another roll of the dice on the free agent market only with a smaller budget than this year.

Priority for the first XI would be;

2 x CB’s - have to be comfortable on the ball, Dean & Gibson might work alongside another Storey type. 
1 x CM - a budget replacement for Luongo, this could be the player Adeniran or FDB become but I think they’re suited to playing further forward. 
1 x ST - somebody that complements Gregory either a target man or a quicker Windass type. 

It’s going to be tough, we’ll likely see another loan haul of strikers and defenders come in. 

31 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

They got their @rses turned inside out these playoffs by a nimble, agile midfield. 

We need some agile players who don't look like they're running in sand and can complete a full season. 

Great idea, now, who are they and how do we get them?

• Like 2

I think we need a new keeper, I wouldn’t go back after BPF as he constantly looked like an accident waiting to happen. The guy on loan at Pompey looked decent, perhaps him?

We need to pull out all the stops to try to sign Harley Dean, he’s a class above this level.

Luongo will probably leave so a replacement for him will be needed and I’d be tempted to let Patterson, Mendez Laing and Berahino go now their contracts are up.

As we are stuck in this league I think Hutch is worth another 12 months.

Hopefully if we can get a fit Iorfa and Windass for the start of next season they’ll be like new signings.

17 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Luongo will go he’s too good for this level and has given us a year due to his injury record. He needs to be replaced.

Hutch as a CB there won’t be many better for this league next year.

back 3 of Hutch Dean Gibson next year with Palmer and Brennan to cover.

Gibson? Am i missing something? So your first choice back 3 consists of 2 players who have played 12 games between them all season. Gibson about 5 appearances all season, at a push, and probably came off injured in them. Dean maybe 6 or 7 since January? It's a no from me on both fronts

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

agreed we do, we missed FDB been on the bench tonight. Byers was crying out to come off after about 70 minutes. Not having that centre midfield option on the bench killed us 

Yeah he was a big miss from the bench, him or Adeniran coming on would have helped. Sunderland were tiring, I'm kind of disappointed we went for the win and got caught at the back, I think we were favourites to win if it went to extra time

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Based on our contracted players for next season -

Dawson

Palmer - Brennan - Iorfa - Brown - Galvin

Byers - Adeniran - Bannan

Windass - Gregory

Hunt and Johnson are on 2 years arent they? 

1 hour ago, UpGrahamHydesSleeve said:

I think Berahino will stay, and he should. He’s shown glimpses of form this season, and in my opinion should have played tonight.

Berahino on the whole has been pants. I don't think he is up to the rough and tumble of league 1 and wouldn't offer him a deal.

We need a younger speedy forward with the ability to take defenders on and go past them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twolaptops said:

All on that list can go.....too many going through the motions....most are "nearly" men that got above their station when in their own minds they believed they were superstars

Excuse me if I am wrong, but all season posters have been saying that "This squad is good enough to go up" and blamed Moore.

Middlesbrough supposed to be open to letting both their GKs go. 

Lumley would be a decent shout. 

Smithies is on a free

Ingram who's in loan at Luton may be available on a free 

CBs

Santos from Bolton is their best defender and out of Contract. 

Storey back would be lovely bit of business

Fullback/wing back

Josh ruffles who we were linked with last summer, squad player at Huddersfield

Midfield wise, not sure if Camara at a Plymouth would be available

Ebou Adams at Forest Green is a ball winner in the middle 

Fwds

John-Jules never really got a chance cos of his injury

Palmer and Delap at City, but suspect they'd have championship suitors

• Like 1

Been saying to my pals for ages, we need a proper s**thouse. We haven’t had one for years.

Pritchard for Sunderland the past two games played the referee and 9 times out of ten got away with it. Those who watched on TV Friday night saw his little laugh to himself everytime he won a free kick.

As been said in other freds, we’re just a bit too nice.

unfortunately , we will be back to square one and if we don’t recruit early (which we never do) we won’t hit the ground running. Mid table at best next year. We’ve just missed a golden opportunity 

• Like 1

I was told by my sauce of information that Dunkley is definitely off, Moore has said that he wants ball playing centre halves and that he doesn't fit the bill. Also that NML is off, Wigan wanted him in January and I suspect they'll be back in for him again.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I was told by my sauce of information that Dunkley is definitely off, Moore has said that he wants ball playing centre halves and that he doesn't fit the bill. Also that NML is off, Wigan wanted him in January and I suspect they'll be back in for him again.

I’ll give NML a lift