Shodipo

Luongo

Mendez Laing

Pato

Kamberi

Berahino

John Jules

Sow

We won’t be able to sign the vast amount we did this year, budget will be cut again - we won’t have the squad depth available to sign any of the quality we brought in. 

Who would you keep? 

Dean

Gibson

The rest can go - we desperately desperately need someone with some pace at the back, hopefully Gibson can overcome his issues and Dean can be the commander at the back. 

This needs to be another new dawn, last night was a shambles of the highest order - but it highlighted anyone with any pace can really get at us and cause us issues. We need a proper midfield dynamo who is a boss - and Luongo even looked leggy and out of sorts last night, pair them with Byers and Bannan and we’re OK. A tricky, pacey winger to get in behind to provide some crosses in - I wouldn’t re sign NML, he doesn’t have a head to play that wing back position. And we all know we need some fresh legs up top - we can’t rely on Windass being fit and a 34 year old leading the way all year. 

Finally, Moore won’t be sacked, which ultimately will cost us yet again as we’re engrained in giving failure another chance - we need someone to take on the foundations and basics and get us to that next level - he isn’t the man to do this and we’ll likely waste another third of the year watching us fumble around being scared to attack teams in the third tier of football. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Given we will be sticking to a 3-5-2, then we’re after:

Keeper

3 CB 

2 Wingbacks 

2 CM

2 Strikers 

The following are gone from today: 

BPF

Hutch

Storey 

Dean

Dunkley

Gibson

Shodipo

Luongo

Mendez Laing

Pato

Kamberi

Berahino

John Jules

Sow

We won’t be able to sign the vast amount we did this year, budget will be cut again - we won’t have the squad depth available to sign any of the quality we brought in. 

Who would you keep? 

Dean

Gibson

The rest can go - we desperately desperately need someone with some pace at the back, hopefully Gibson can overcome his issues and Dean can be the commander at the back. 

This needs to be another new dawn, last night was a shambles of the highest order - but it highlighted anyone with any pace can really get at us and cause us issues. We need a proper midfield dynamo who is a boss - and Luongo even looked leggy and out of sorts last night, pair them with Byers and Bannan and we’re OK. A tricky, pacey winger to get in behind to provide some crosses in - I wouldn’t re sign NML, he doesn’t have a head to play that wing back position. And we all know we need some fresh legs up top - we can’t rely on Windass being fit and a 34 year old leading the way all year. 

Finally, Moore won’t be sacked, which ultimately will cost us yet again as we’re engrained in giving failure another chance - we need someone to take on the foundations and basics and get us to that next level - he isn’t the man to do this and we’ll likely waste another third of the year watching us fumble around being scared to attack teams in the third tier of football. 

I think theres every chance that these guys will be here for the coming season. 

Hutch 

Dean

Dunkley

Mendez Laing

Pato

Berahino

Sow

Dawson will come back. He'll be our number one. 

Other than that I think that we'll see more of Dele-Bashiru and Brennan will come back into the fold. 

We'll need a new striker and a couple of midfield monsters. 

Given that the keeper from the team of the year in the division below is coming back then I’d say he should be given a chance

4 centre half’s required seeing as Hutch, Dean, Storey, Dunkley and Gibson are all potentially leaving 

2 central midfielders. 1 of these has to be a strong defensive midfielder 

3 or 4 strikers. We need a mixture of pace and strength 

I’d only be offering contracts to Luongo and maybe Hutchinson, the rest need to go

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Given that the keeper from the team of the year in the division below is coming back then I’d say he should be given a chance

4 centre half’s required seeing as Hutch, Dean, Storey, Dunkley and Gibson are all potentially leaving 

2 central midfielders. 1 of these has to be a strong defensive midfielder 

3 or 4 strikers. We need a mixture of pace and strength 

I’d only be offering contracts to Luongo and maybe Hutchinson, the rest need to go

Luongo and Hutch need to go mate - it’s hard, but we’ve got to stop sticking to the old guard.

Get some new blood in who can become something here - them two above are both on their way out 

• Like 2

I’d try and keep Storey and Luongo and release the rest but there’s next to no chance 

Luongo will end up back in London or abroad, that was his last game for us

PNE will likely want to look at Storey again after he changed our season

We’ll probably end up with John Jules back if Moore is still in charge

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Once we had square pegs in square holes this formation produced a very good second half to the season

And just lost to a 4231.

That can't beat a press.

We played 352 to fit around the players, we have a chance now to go back to the formation DM originally wanted.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The following are gone from today: 

BPF

Hutch

Storey 

Dean

Dunkley

Gibson

Shodipo

Luongo

Mendez Laing

Pato

Kamberi

Berahino

John Jules

Sow

Don't think you are far off with the above, Hunt might even be added to that list.

Might see Gibson and Jules back however as probably cheap.

Dean would be my priority but his wages are surely too much for L1?

Be very surprised if Dunkley, Luongo and Paterson are still here.

Dunkley has pretty much all but confirmed he’s leaving on twitter in recent weeks, Paterson has looked fed up for months about his lack of game time and Luongo was pretty none committal when asked at Christmas. 

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

As D-Day approaches, Colonel Chansiri hands the roguish Major Reisman (Darren Moore) an important assignment: He must train a team of players to parachute across enemy lines and gain promotion from League 1. The players, recruited from murderers, rapists and criminals on death row, are promised riches and hero status. In spite of their history, the 12 men prove a spirited and courageous unit. Led by Major Reisman, they will exact revenge.

This is the crux of it. All this talk about continuity and we just need a new signing or two, it’s not just how it’s going to pan out sadly. I think we’re in for another big summer, either with out of contracts or several players not being willing to stick around in L1 for another season. And then it’s on Chansiri into how much he is willing to spend (through desire or actually what he has available) to how it’s rebuilt.

Such a missed opportunity. 

Edited by blueandwhitematt
Typo

I really want Gibson to stay. Think he’s due to be released, and left footed centre halves are like hens teeth. Could be a bargain.

I think Berahino will stay, and he should. He’s shown glimpses of form this season, and in my opinion should have played tonight. Windass is a luxury player who doesn’t fit into the team and we should sell him if we can.

if we did change formation then NML should be offered a contract too.

In the cold light of day we have seen some of the best football this season that I can remember watching. The players enjoy working with Moore so some might be persuaded to stay and I think he can get a few decent loans in as well.

We need to go for autos next season, though.

• Thanks 1