Fans Moaning

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

nothing confusing at all...my point is, I wouldn't let someone swearing stop me from going to the match. 

If people are as sensitive as that then they would never go to anything!! you hear it work, in the shops, public areas, pubs...pretty much everywhere.

Which brings me back to my first point. How would you react if someone called your wife a stupid c*nt?

You'd brush it off as her being sensitive and it happens everywhere?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, parajack said:

Your saying you DONT condone it but the thrust of the debate your making is doing just that 

absolutely not...but on the same token I wouldn't stop going to support my team.

As I have said, you get this sort of behaviour in every aspect of life. if I let it bother me I would never leave the house.

For me there are much bigger things to worry about other than pissed up blokes swearing.

19 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolutely not...but on the same token I wouldn't stop going to support my team.

As I have said, you get this sort of behaviour in every aspect of life. if I let it bother me I would never leave the house.

For me there are much bigger things to worry about other than pissed up blokes swearing.

Can't believe you're condoning it

*runs off*

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yes, I'm a fan who is moaning. Glad to have got pointing out that irony out the way.

Last night was my first game this season, i was so excited... Plotting how i was going to fall back in love with actually attending games.

If i cut back on x i can afford to get a season ticket and if i stop doing on Saturdays i would be able to attend most matches...

Then i remembered, or rather was reminded how annoying fans can be.

You've got the old timer to my left who we should build a team around next season - he spent 105 minutes using very colorful language, some from a bygone era when his words weren't quite so shocking as they were last night, alluding to the fact he could head a ball better than Storey, pass better than Bannan, tackle better than Byers, actually put in crosses unlike Johnson, get on the end of crosses unlike Gregory... Honestly, he might have been in his 70s but i think he's the answer.

You've got the 20 something two rows in front of me who when asked (very politely and considered) to sit down as the lady behind him (doing the asking) couldn't see, turned around and told her to "F Off you stupid F'ing C" whilst spraying about five rows with saliva. He then appeared purposely stand up as much as possible whilst hurling abuse at our players.

You've got three or four blokes immediately behind me using language that'd be a hate crime in any other setting. Towards our players.

Then there's the general noise of the same thing happening further away from me.

In no way do i think it transmitted to the players and I'm sure the same plays out in every stadium, i don't think we have a monopoly on idiots but i heard enough to know I'm looking forward to following next season from my sofa.

I'm sure I'll be missed so please feel free to tell me so in reply.

Stewarding needs to be more high profile

20 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Stewarding needs to be more high profile

Stewarding wasn't great.

After one vaguely pointing to about 5 different places for my seat on the Kop I eventually found it and someone with a ticket for elsewhere had decided to sit near his mate and wanted a punch up over it despite me showing a ticket and being infront of about 5 Stewards.

I then had to stand by the row opposite for a minute whilst trying to sort this out myself, bloke on that row then got all upset squaring up to say not to stand there.

Someone else then decided to try to squeeze through everyone arguing and got upset with me.

Match hadn't even started.

In the end the lad in my seat gave up and decided to stand the whole match virtually sharing the same space, blocking the stairs to the point neither could applaud without whacking each other, vaping the whole time with his daft mates right infront of the Kop stewards at the top of the stairs.

Then to top it off heading out onto the street I heard them clearly pointing me out to another group of lads so left sharpish.

A lot of aggro that could have been solved earlier.

9 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Did you tell any of the stewards of the language?  From your description it sounded racist?

If it was and you don’t speak up you’re part of the problem

I think that's a bit of a harsh statement. 

For instance it'd take a lot for someone alone, in a pair, couple etc to stand up to or report a big group of anti social/abusive morons, probably under the influence of things at the time, right in front of them. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I think that's a bit of a harsh statement. 

For instance it'd take a lot for someone alone, in a pair, couple etc to stand up to or report a big group of anti social/abusive morons, probably under the influence of things at the time, right in front of them. 

I appreciated it sounded harsh hence my earlier response 

there are ways around it - folk don’t always need to be confrontational to deal with a problem, which clearly bothered the OP (e.g. remain passive and go chat with stewards, do it anonymously, let them try and deal with it).  

11 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yes, I'm a fan who is moaning. Glad to have got pointing out that irony out the way.

Last night was my first game this season, i was so excited... Plotting how i was going to fall back in love with actually attending games.

If i cut back on x i can afford to get a season ticket and if i stop doing on Saturdays i would be able to attend most matches...

You've got the old timer to my left who we should build a team around next season - he spent 105 minutes using very colorful language, some from a bygone era when his words weren't quite so shocking as they were last night, alluding to the fact he could head a ball better than Storey, pass better than Bannan, tackle better than Byers, actually put in crosses unlike Johnson, get on the end of crosses unlike Gregory... Honestly, he might have been in his 70s but i think he's the answer.

You've got the 20 something two rows in front of me who when asked (very politely and considered) to sit down as the lady behind him (doing the asking) couldn't see, turned around and told her to "F Off you stupid F'ing C" whilst spraying about five rows with saliva. He then appeared purposely stand up as much as possible whilst hurling abuse at our players.

You've got three or four blokes immediately behind me using language that'd be a hate crime in any other setting. Towards our players.

Then there's the general noise of the same thing happening further away from me.

In no way do i think it transmitted to the players and I'm sure the same plays out in every stadium, i don't think we have a monopoly on idiots but i heard enough to know I'm looking forward to following next season from my sofa.

You sure that you were at Hillsborough and last night?  Where were you - sounds like the special animal's enclosure from the sort of behaviour you are reporting.

I was in my usual place in the middle of the North Stand, great atmosphere, great support, great singing. Players all supported all though including after the game and the only person getting real stick was the ref who deserved it.

Suggest you try somewhere else - there is always a small % of idiots and seems you had them all!

11 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yeah…… but you were sat in the family stand at Bramall Lane so what did you expect🤷🏻‍♂️

PS. I’m calling Bullśhît. No way did you get a full house of every stereotypical nightmare fan all within arms reach. 

You need to send that to @_DHOTYA on Twitter mate. It’s comedy gold. 

6 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Yeah…… but you were sat in the family stand at Bramall Lane so what did you expect🤷🏻‍♂️

PS. I’m calling Bullśhît. No way did you get a full house of every stereotypical nightmare fan all within arms reach. 

Excellent, so we've had "it's you who has the problem, it's everyday behavior" and now we've got "it didn't happen".

Good stuff.

Just now, Binky Griptite said:

No, not really.

If i thought I'd be disbelieved if have thrown in:

- fans punching fans

- coin chucking

- someone sat in my seat

- smelly farts

- a hand job

You only have to read some threads in Matchday section to see that a few of our fans are morons.

23 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I was going to do that last night. 

The story was going to be there was this bloke on here saying he wasn't going to go to the game and would bet on the opposition if he found out Joe Wildsmith was in net. 

Oh, that actually happened. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I was going to do that last night. 

The story was going to be there was this bloke on here saying he wasn't going to go to the game and would bet on the opposition if he found out Joe Wildsmith was in net. 

Oh, that actually happened. 

#rentfree