Fans Moaning

2 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Did you tell any of the stewards of the language?  From your description it sounded racist?

If it was and you don’t speak up you’re part of the problem

I was sat on the end seat immediately next to the steward, who seemed nice enough but was more interested in high fiving the regulars rather than dealing with the incredibly anti-social behavior. He certainly wouldn't have waded in to stop me getting my head caved in and i can't blame him for that.

I might be part of the problem, I'm a delicate wallflower, but the bigger problem isn't really people unwilling to tackle the problem, it's that the problem needs tackling because some people just can't act civilized.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yes, I'm a fan who is moaning. Glad to have got pointing out that irony out the way.

Last night was my first game this season, i was so excited... Plotting how i was going to fall back in love with actually attending games.

If i cut back on x i can afford to get a season ticket and if i stop doing on Saturdays i would be able to attend most matches...

Then i remembered, or rather was reminded how annoying fans can be.

You've got the old timer to my left who we should build a team around next season - he spent 105 minutes using very colorful language, some from a bygone era when his words weren't quite so shocking as they were last night, alluding to the fact he could head a ball better than Storey, pass better than Bannan, tackle better than Byers, actually put in crosses unlike Johnson, get on the end of crosses unlike Gregory... Honestly, he might have been in his 70s but i think he's the answer.

You've got the 20 something two rows in front of me who when asked (very politely and considered) to sit down as the lady behind him (doing the asking) couldn't see, turned around and told her to "F Off you stupid F'ing C" whilst spraying about five rows with saliva. He then appeared purposely stand up as much as possible whilst hurling abuse at our players.

You've got three or four blokes immediately behind me using language that'd be a hate crime in any other setting. Towards our players.

Then there's the general noise of the same thing happening further away from me.

In no way do i think it transmitted to the players and I'm sure the same plays out in every stadium, i don't think we have a monopoly on idiots but i heard enough to know I'm looking forward to following next season from my sofa.

I'm sure I'll be missed so please feel free to tell me so in reply.

Dude, we create our experience.

Sounds like you were expecting to see it this way, and so you did.

Watch the judgements, they always send a man south, but only always.

If everyone was like me, I'd be happy...

I think you would be missed.

I think any fan not at Hillsborough is missed.

I saw people having little snipes at each other, too.

We'll not know peace until we're being peaceful.

That's most definitely not isolated to Hillsborough.

Enjoy your self, brother.

I love watching at home on my sofa, but you can't top big nights at Hillsborough.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yes, I'm a fan who is moaning. Glad to have got pointing out that irony out the way.

Last night was my first game this season, i was so excited... Plotting how i was going to fall back in love with actually attending games.

If i cut back on x i can afford to get a season ticket and if i stop doing on Saturdays i would be able to attend most matches...

Then i remembered, or rather was reminded how annoying fans can be.

You've got the old timer to my left who we should build a team around next season - he spent 105 minutes using very colorful language, some from a bygone era when his words weren't quite so shocking as they were last night, alluding to the fact he could head a ball better than Storey, pass better than Bannan, tackle better than Byers, actually put in crosses unlike Johnson, get on the end of crosses unlike Gregory... Honestly, he might have been in his 70s but i think he's the answer.

You've got the 20 something two rows in front of me who when asked (very politely and considered) to sit down as the lady behind him (doing the asking) couldn't see, turned around and told her to "F Off you stupid F'ing C" whilst spraying about five rows with saliva. He then appeared purposely stand up as much as possible whilst hurling abuse at our players.

You've got three or four blokes immediately behind me using language that'd be a hate crime in any other setting. Towards our players.

Then there's the general noise of the same thing happening further away from me.

In no way do i think it transmitted to the players and I'm sure the same plays out in every stadium, i don't think we have a monopoly on idiots but i heard enough to know I'm looking forward to following next season from my sofa.

I'm sure I'll be missed so please feel free to tell me so in reply.

Welcome to the Match Day Experience - yes, other fans can be annoying, but do you not think that your judgement at the moment might be somewhat affected  by the disappointment of the result ?

In a few days time, I’m guessing you’ll feel somewhat different 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Welcome to the Match Day Experience - yes, other fans can be annoying, but do you not think that your judgement at the moment might be somewhat affected  by the disappointment of the result ?

In a few days time, I’m guessing you’ll feel somewhat different 

I honestly don't think i will feel any different, i certainly won't be cutting things out to go to games.

I think i just don't like people full stop...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Did you tell any of the stewards of the language?  From your description it sounded racist?

If it was and you don’t speak up you’re part of the problem.

Blaming someone else for someone else's behaviour sounds harsh to me.

6 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

I honestly don't think i will feel any different, i certainly won't be cutting things out to go to games.

To be fair last night was a fair bit more hectic than it normally is. Personally I sit in the south stand where on a ‘normal’ matchday it’s a much more sedate experience than it was last night. Maybe you should try coming to one of the regular league games next season? It is pretty different. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

I totally agree with you. 

If that's part of the 'experience' then I'd rather not have it at all.

They are welcome to it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Maybe those other people only turned up for the one big game a year as well.

I don't think so.

Usually, if you just turn up for one big game, you go there to enjoy the game and have a great day out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baytan Blue said:

Oh dear oh dear Binky,I'd consider watching the match unfold and developing a thicker skin old chap.

Fair point... homophobia, misogyny, racism and general tw*ttish behavior by five people in a 12 seat or so block around me is all just me being too sensitive

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Fair point... homophobia, misogyny, racism and general tw*ttish behavior by five people in a 12 seat or so block around me is all just me being too sensitive

If fans are being homophobic, misogynistic or racist then that really is indefensible and there’s no place for them at Hillsborough. I would also strongly advise you to contact the club and report their actions.

If fans are being as you say “tw*ttish”, in fairness mate they were probably having a moan, perhaps going OTT with it but at the end of the day, they’ve probably paid more money than you have this season following the Owls and are entitled to an opinion.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit harsh

Maybe I shouldn’t have been so direct with my language, but I stick by my point 

moaning about ‘that’ kind of language without doing anything about it is just abit odd 

but each to their own 

• Like 1