Young (ish), Mobile, Tall Striker Required Next Season

Won’t be popular and I don’t think chansiri would go for it

but I’d go ladapo and Hirst both on a free both add something different to the pool of strikers

Sow and kamberi out but I suspect sow  will have another year pool of strikers 

gregory

windass

berahino

ladapo

hirst 

There a young lad a Portsmouth who is developing into a decent striker, next season could well be a 20 goal a season man in league one.

I suspect all our eggs will be in the Windass/Gregory basket (as its the cheap option), but this season has show relying on just the strikers to score has its issue when they are not fit. Bannan aside the midfield has added little to the goals column and the defenders scoring from set plays is not been great only 8 goals all season from defenders.

78 goals in the league in 46 games is not bad and about what other teams have produced, but midfield have scored just 25 with Bannan and Byers getting 15 of them, a fit Dennis playing 46 games next season instead of the 12 starts he managed should hopefully address one of the midfield goals issues.

Realistic strikers to look at Stockton at AS, Alfie May at CH, Davis Kellior Dunn OA, Marquis LC,  

I would also be looking at Jack Rudoni at Wimbledon in a struggling team he has scored, 12 goals and 5 assists in 40 odd games this season he is only 20 and has over 100 first team appearances, most of which are in league one, he is a left footed central midfielder.

Another to look at is Matty Longstaffe from Newcastle on loan at Mansfield this season scoring 6 goals, 2 assists in 16 games, the son of a former Sheffield Steelers player and though coming through NFC youth academy was born in South Yorkshire (probably when his dad was playing for the steelers) he is also out of contract in the next few weeks and his chance at Newcastle will be not great with the likely influx of players this season.

9 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Vidaine Oliver from Gillingham?

Caused us problems in both games. Gregory, Windass and possibly Berahino are still under contract so that would be a decent four to have.

Id have him, ticks that box for dealing with the likes of Bailey Wright.

Troy Parrot would be decent too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pitsmoor-blue said:

We need to give Cadamartre a go (if i could spell it) at least on the bench at first has to be better option than Kamberi or Sow.

Im afraid if we dont then we will loose him for nowt like Hirst, if your good enough your old enough

Thing was Hirst wasn't good enough at that time and Cadamarteri...is he good enough right now? Only turned 17 a day ago. 

Of course if the answer is yes then by all means id want him in the squad...who wouldn't 

But clearly our aim has to be automatic promotion next season and he's not made a senior appearance yet...big ask on the kid. Dont wanna push them too much too soon either 

We should have a bit to spend this summer !! Any of the strikers mentioned so far and some that haven’t, would jump at the chance to play for Wednesday this coming season !!

#uto 

1 hour ago, pitsmoor-blue said:

We need to give Cadamartre a go (if i could spell it) at least on the bench at first has to be better option than Kamberi or Sow.

Im afraid if we dont then we will loose him for nowt like Hirst, if your good enough your old enough

Never seen him play but 16/17 years old to playing against lumps like they had last night is a huge jump. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

This is what we was saying last night, along with a stronger midfielder, someone similar to Dele Bashiru if he can't step up next season. 

If Luongo leaves we need two Ball winning midfielders, if Luongo doesn't leave we need a backup for Luongo. 

• Like 1

Marquis is out of contract as far as I know. Only signed a short term deal at Lincoln. Cowley released him at Portsmouth despite his goal:game ratio being 1:3 and they paid 2m quid for him. Obviously it’s worked out ok for Pompey and George Hirst, but Marquis would definitely get goals for us. 

Danny Loader from Porto. 22 this year, played for England up to U20s, 12 goals and 3 assists in 30 games for Porto’s B team in the Portuguese 2nd division this season. Apparently out of contract in summer but I think they have an option to extend. Could be a good shout on loan if he’s not available on a free. 

Less exotic and less tall but also out of contract is Dom Telford at Newport. 25 goals and 3 assists in 37 games this season for a team who finished 11th in L2. Could be a flash in the pan, could be a bargain for someone 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Never seen him play but 16/17 years old to playing against lumps like they had last night is a huge jump. 

A big jump, yes. But a jump we'll never find out if he's capable of making or not if we dont try him.

All I ever hear is "oh he's only 16". So what, stick him in, He's not a small lad.

I play with 2 17 year lads in my regular games, and they kick lumps out of me!

But a striker doesnt have to be big and tough to be good. Michael Owen wasnt exactly a man mountain when he made his debut at 16.

Listen, Im not saying that he's the answer, but lets just TRY.