Jump to content

Young (ish), Mobile, Tall Striker Required Next Season


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I'd take big Stockley though, nasty fvcker, good in both boxes. Finished the season with 6 goals in 12 games for a rubbish side. We need a big horrible poo up front who can actually play a bit and score. Pato is nasty but quite ineffective and causes more problems for us than them. Kamberi is a handful but has a lot of limitations. Stockley would be perfect but probably too expensive 

 

If we want to remain in League 1 for a while longer this is exactly the type of signing we should be making.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Need some more presence up front and some pace. 

 

It's a difficult task to find that in one player at this level (but not impossible with money to spend), but certainly the squad could be improved with options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

 

If we want to remain in League 1 for a while longer this is exactly the type of signing we should be making.

What, someone who scored 20 goals in all comps this season for a rubbish side? Someone who scored 13 in 33 in league 1? Someone who scored 5 more than Berahino, 7 more than Paterson? Strange that. He'd walk into our starting 11 with absolute ease

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

What, someone who scored 20 goals in all comps this season for a rubbish side? Someone who scored 13 in 33 in league 1? Someone who scored 5 more than Berahino, 7 more than Paterson? Strange that. He'd walk into our starting 11 with absolute ease

 

Ah, you mean Cole Stockton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

All depends on budget

 

Jerry Yates has been mainly a sub this year at Blackpool. Scored a lot in this division before. Can’t see wages being an issue and he’s a Yorkshire lad

Never heard of him, but we should sign him just so we can chant

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry 

 

everytime he gets in a bit of bother. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Never heard of him, but we should sign him just so we can chant

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry 

 

everytime he gets in a bit of bother. 

Scored 20 goals in Blackpools 20/21 promotion season. 25 year old from Donny

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

haha, nice try. Either or would do actually, but i've always quite liked Stockley at this level and Charlton are rubbish

Not trying owt mate.

I didn't think Stockley had scored that many, checked the BBC L1 page and it says he got 13 goals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not trying owt mate.

I didn't think Stockley had scored that many, checked the BBC L1 page and it says he got 13 goals?

aye 13 in the league in 33 which isn't bad? Then another 7 in the cup comps. I came armed with stats to back up wanting to sign him, i know how unforgiving owlstalk can be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...