His last game for SWFC?

13 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

been off it for weeks IMO, can spoil play in his sleep but has looked shocking in possession. Head’s elsewhere. Pity.

Glad its not just me thinking that about Luongo. Seemed to have lost the ability to control a ball and pass more than 5 yards recently. 

• Like 2

He's been a very good player for us and I think he's had a very good season...but part of me thinks we need to move on. 

He isn't getting any younger and at some point we have to say goodbye to the remnants of the Championship play off side. 

It's a shame that his mistake in the first leg proved to be a decisive blow. He deserved better than that, but then you could say that for a few of the lads who've been knocking around here for 5/6 years.  

12 hours ago, reggae said:

Contract up. Paid loads. 

Don't be a ******** though my friend. 

He's gone hospital tonight with compression.

Why do you seem to like slating wednesday?

Weird 

Hope he’s ok, compression is a nasty injury.

If he would take 12 months and hes not asking for mega wages, id take the risk on another season. We are league 1 and players with Hutchinsons (fairly dedent) all round game and who can play any one of the back 3 cb roles are rare at this level. Clubs also need experience as well as youth to get promoted. 

As others have said, Hutch is more than good enough for this level and he actually cares too.

If his wages aren’t too high giving him another 12 months is a no brainier.

Edited by TrickyTrev

As I recall Hutchinson took a pay cut to come back. I'm not sure he's on big money (comparatively with others) and has something to offer IMO. 

Also versatile, which Moore likes. I suspect there is more chance of Hutchinson staying than Luongo.

13 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

With Dean and Storey going back, we’ll need a whole new back line if SH goes too.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about that at this stage. Yes Iorfa struggled once he came back from his injury but form is temporary, class is permanent and he’s more than shown his ability over the last few seasons and I think with a good pre season under his belt he will be back to his best next season. 

And for Che Dunkley, felt a little bit for him as he was an absolute colossus mid way through the season and don’t think he got as much playing time as maybe he deserved. In my opinion he should have played much more because of his strong aerial ability and had if he is here next season playing more games I would be confident we would concede less set pieces. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, should know better said:

Palmers mistake was the crucial one, killed the game when we were level. Hutch made the mistake but it is not one he regularly makes whilst Palmer switching off is quite a regular feature of his play.

Mendez-Laing's mistake, then Storey let them cross. Palmer might have tracked better but the guy did great to get across to the near post. Why do people love to slate Palmer?

5 hours ago, blueandwhitematt said:

I think we’ll offer Hutch something otherwise we’ve a big job on recruiting  centre backs this summer. 

Luongo will quite rightly be off - for his benefit (playing standard) and ours (financial). 

Our biggest task this summer is going to be keeping hold of Gregory. Way he’s been playing you’d think lots of Championship managers will be having a strong look. 

agree whats Gregory contract length?

6 hours ago, should know better said:

Made a bad mistake at Sunderland in trying to play the system (pass it back to the keeper and keep possession) but also made a crucial block later up there and tonight (the one where Sunderland were claiming a pen). Has easily been our best CB this season and will compete unlike a few of our other players.

A fault is his tendency to go for everything but I would rather take that than the weak passive players we have. We got level then lost a goal last night that wasn't so much a mistake as a habit from one of our players (watching the ball not the man). 

Had a good season performance and injury wise thank goodness because with our defensively pathetic midfield and defensively weak wing backs teams are quickly into our back four. Hunt the only one of the wing backs that tries to close an opponent quickly.  

Yes, I was only joking.

Over the season he's been an asset rather than a liability and he'll be missed.

If more of our players had his vim and vigour then we'd probably have gone up.