His last game for SWFC?

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

Even if he is on half what he was before it’s still way too much. We’re looking at another loss in the tens of millions for this season and next season we will be cutting our cloth. Our squad is going to be very different next season, there will be a lot of churn and people moving on, many of the players on big wages will be gone.

There are a few that ideally we can keep and Hutchinson for me is way down that list. Gregory and Bannan for the senior higher earners are much more important.

I’d love to know how much ‘half what he was on before’ is?

Do you know?

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Good. Injured most of the time and I really don;t get the love in from some of the supporters.  I'm sure there's better out there on less wages 

Because when he is on song he completes the midfield. If we'd had that midfield three from the start we'd have walked it. 

If he is going we need to replace with the same quality or better. We need a massive physical presence in the middle who can play the ball.

• Love 1

He will still consider himself young and up for a challenge. 

I hope his head is ok today… the way he stood up and gave the thumbs up to his family nearly put a tear in my eye… making sure they didn’t worry whilst completely bashed up. 

Even if he is on half what he was before it’s still way too much. We’re looking at another loss in the tens of millions for this season and next season we will be cutting our cloth. Our squad is going to be very different next season, there will be a lot of churn and people moving on, many of the players on big wages will be gone.

There are a few that ideally we can keep and Hutchinson for me is way down that list. Gregory and Bannan for the senior higher earners are much more important.

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Do you know?

Its probably twice as much as this miracle signing who is happy to earn a salary not in proportion with his talents.

• Like 1

Squad age has to be reduced.

Think it's time to move on some decent senior pros. Just wonder too if there's still a bit of baggage that prevents us from getting over that line.

• Like 1

You say he’s still on too much, but how do you know that?

He basically said he was in the bottom part of the squad on wages, so unless we know otherwise and he’s demanding more money, that doesn’t become the decision factor does it? Unless we can get better for cheaper but I doubt it?

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Do you know?

Obviously I don’t. Only a select few people will know for sure, there are sites online that guesstimate, but Hutchinson was signed first time round when the club were handing out silly money to lots of players. He was released from Chelsea who pay well and he will no doubt have got a pay rise (probably deserved to be fair) when he signed his new contract in 2017 before he left the club first time round. We were doing well on the pitch back then.

You can Google it but Salary Sport had him at £18k a week back then, and if that’s in the ballpark, and even if he is earning half of that (or thereabouts now) it’s far too much in the 3rd tier. 

To be fair he has publicly admitted that he is not one of the top earners now after re-signing at the club but justifiably so. He shouldn’t be.

Hutchinson has been a great servant to the club but there should be much better value options in his position and players that we could potentially get some re-sale value for too. Of the higher earners and senior pros, if we are able to keep any, then it should be the match winners. Gregory is a must keep for me, Bannan if we can afford to keep him, Hutchinson as good as he has been isn’t one of those. 

7 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Its probably twice as much as this miracle signing who is happy to earn a salary not in proportion with his talents.

Can’t wait to see all these young players better than him that walk through the door on 4 year cheap deals who we can sell for £10m a pop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

Obviously I don’t. Only a select few people will know for sure, there are sites online that guesstimate, but Hutchinson was signed first time round when the club were handing out silly money to lots of players. He was released from Chelsea who pay well and he will no doubt have got a pay rise (probably deserved to be fair) when he signed his new contract in 2017 before he left the club first time round. We were doing well on the pitch back then.

You can Google it but Salary Sport had him at £18k a week back then, and if that’s in the ballpark, and even if he is earning half of that (or thereabouts now) it’s far too much in the 3rd tier. 

To be fair he has publicly admitted that he is not one of the top earners now after re-signing at the club but justifiably so. He shouldn’t be.

Hutchinson has been a great servant to the club but there should be much better value options in his position and players that we could potentially get some re-sale value for too. Of the higher earners and senior pros, if we are able to keep any, then it should be the match winners. Gregory is a must keep for me, Bannan if we can afford to keep him, Hutchinson as good as he has been isn’t one of those. 

A quote from Hutchinson this season in relation to the massively lower salary he took when coming back

’Im probably the best value for money player in the club!’ 

We need a clear leader and captain in that centre back position .... that is the number 1 target for this close season ...

We don't have a leader on the pitch .. every time we have we have got promoted ! 

Yes, some players will inevitably go now the season is ended.

Hopefully  “fringe” players such as FDB and Brennan can step up and make their mark - we don’t want to have to bring in too many new players next season as it will take time for them to settle in 

Feel awful for him really. We all know he’s an emotional passionate player, he’s been through A LOT but found a career here.

The first time he left he was frozen out and never got to say goodbye properly.

And if he leaves this time it’s off the back of a play off defeat where his mistake has been crucial. 

He’s also lost a play off final here and missed a penalty in the semi vs Huddersfield. 

I’ll have a lot of great memories of Sam and he’s served us well.

I just hope he picks himself up psychologically from another setback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doubled123456 said:

Thanks for the memories Hutch. Times up.

Maybe as a player but I think he still has a lot to offer.

I personally would look to a coaching role, to instill his enthusiasm and knowledge into younger and new players coming in.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Feel awful for him really. We all know he’s an emotional passionate player, he’s been through A LOT but found a career here.

The first time he left he was frozen out and never got to say goodbye properly.

And if he leaves this time it’s off the back of a play off defeat where his mistake has been crucial. 

He’s also lost a play off final here and missed a penalty in the semi vs Huddersfield. 

I’ll have a lot of great memories of Sam and he’s served us well.

I just hope he picks himself up psychologically from another setback.

Palmers mistake was the crucial one, killed the game when we were level. Hutch made the mistake but it is not one he regularly makes whilst Palmer switching off is quite a regular feature of his play.