His last game for SWFC?

I think he’s proven over the season definitely good enough for L1, as long as his wage demands align with our budget I’d take him back

Reality is we’re unlikely to get Storey back

Dean may well be offered good money elsewhere

Iorfa doesn’t suit moores system ball playing

Dunkley also doesn’t 

So unless we’re getting an entire new defence I think he’s the main one who suits what Moore is trying to do

• Like 3

Been a decent player over the years but Hutchinson should be replaceable and for much better value too. Our wage bill will need to drop next season and players like Hutchinson are the first who should be replaced. Same applies for Luongo. Good players but not worth Championship

wages on a 3rd tier budget.

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

Been a decent player over the years but Hutchinson should be replaceable and for much better value too. Our wage bill will need to drop next season and players like Hutchinson are the first who should be replaced. Same applies for Luongo. Good players but not worth Championship

wages on a 3rd tier budget.

Hutchinson even said in an interview earlier this season that his wages are well down the squad list. 

he was on loads before he left, he isn’t now 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Hutchinson even said in an interview earlier this season that his wages are well down the squad list. 

he was on loads before he left, he isn’t now 

Even if he is on half what he was before it’s still way too much. We’re looking at another loss in the tens of millions for this season and next season we will be cutting our cloth. Our squad is going to be very different next season, there will be a lot of churn and people moving on, many of the players on big wages will be gone.

There are a few that ideally we can keep and Hutchinson for me is way down that list. Gregory and Bannan for the senior higher earners are much more important.

Don’t matter who comes in if they keep getting injured. We were hamstrung for a large part of this season and if they continue at that rate we’ll get nowhere. Need fit players. Also need to get the average age down. 

• Like 1

I hope it was their last game. Loungo in both play off games look shattered and we were playing with 10 men, he obviously cannot do a dozen games in a row. Hutchinson, we have been good for each other as a club and player but it's time to move on. 

• Like 1

The question is whether you could get a better player in the positions he plays.  My answer at this time is no so give him another contract, he has proved his fitness and shown he can guide younger players to be more astute about their game.  One more season for Sammy please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

See what the summer brings but that could be the last game at Wednesday for quite a few tonight.

BPF, Storey, Dean, Hunt, Luongo, Paterson, NML and Berahino are all either out of contract or have finished their loan with us 

And along with Hutchinson, Shodippo, Gibson and Kambieri..... will all leave

I think we’ll offer Hutch something otherwise we’ve a big job on recruiting  centre backs this summer. 

Luongo will quite rightly be off - for his benefit (playing standard) and ours (financial). 

Our biggest task this summer is going to be keeping hold of Gregory. Way he’s been playing you’d think lots of Championship managers will be having a strong look. 

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

If Hutch isn't a Wednesday player next season he needs to be offered some other role at the club; unless of course he wants to carry on playing, in which case good luck to him.

Why does he need to be offered some there role and as what?

Cant keep people are well paid cheerleaders because fans are too sentimental to let them go.
Been a decent player overall but time to move on to a younger side. 

He's sort of put to bed the myth of being a crock this season, he's been a consistent rock and in the top 3 or 4 players of the season. I'd offer him a year, but only if he's in line with the budget as said elsewhere. He's still only 32, and if we're going to play from the back like DM wants, then Hutch fits the bill. Storey, Dean and Gibson will be going back, Dunkley and Iorfa don't fit the style and Iorfa seems to have inherited the biscuit legs.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but what a mistake.

lol

Made a bad mistake at Sunderland in trying to play the system (pass it back to the keeper and keep possession) but also made a crucial block later up there and tonight (the one where Sunderland were claiming a pen). Has easily been our best CB this season and will compete unlike a few of our other players.

A fault is his tendency to go for everything but I would rather take that than the weak passive players we have. We got level then lost a goal last night that wasn't so much a mistake as a habit from one of our players (watching the ball not the man). 

Had a good season performance and injury wise thank goodness because with our defensively pathetic midfield and defensively weak wing backs teams are quickly into our back four. Hunt the only one of the wing backs that tries to close an opponent quickly.  

8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I hope not. Hutchinson has been a stalwart - but he's still only 32 and still has a bit of pace about him.

Playing centre back could prolong his career, and since he came back last January he's played 52 games in a season and a half with only one long-ish spell on the sidelines.

He's apparently taken a big wage cut to come back, so don't think he's one of our higher earners. I would rather offload Iorfa who doesn't look comfortable in a three-at-the-back and might fetch a small amount of money. Or Dunkley, who would be on similar wages.

Would rather see Hutchinson given a good run at right-sided centre-half in the back 3. He's done a job filling in on the left, but always has to check inside. A victim of his own flexibility, because Storey looked all at sea on the left.

Disagree with Hutch at RCB. He's just too vulnerable covering out wide. He's always looked his best sitting in the middle. Get him and couple younger faster players aside of him at the back and he can lead them

• Like 2