Bannan going will be a blessing.

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Do you geniunely think anyone’s going to pay big bucks for a 32 year old league 1 player?

Bannan can stay at Wednesday as long as he wants for me but there were times in the two legs where I thought he struggled to keep up to the pace of the younger Sunderland lads.

The pass to Johnson for the goal was absolute class but he didn’t do a lot else over the two games 

No, but if they were daft enough I’d grab it.

He wasn't 100% for either of the games. That was plain to see really. He went off injured less than a week before the first leg, and then had 2 days rest before the second leg. Our lack of options in centre mid hindered us as we couldn't really afford to rest him in the first leg in danger of been out of the tie. He just wasn't fit and that's the long and short of it, but he's played nearly every minute of the season so it's just our luck he's got a knock for the most important two games

18 hours ago, poorlyheadowl said:

I agree. I'm far from on a BB downer. I just can't see him being at Wednesday next season. 

But who's going to shell out for a player of his age, however good in L1?  He likes it here - I'm just disappointed some 'fans' can't get their heads around the fact that someone is allowed to be happy at SWFC, and wants to remain here.  Same probably goes for the manager who may actually want to stay and see his contract out and carry on for a full season with the right mix of players from the opening day...

Guest Andy W
18 hours ago, Django said:

Bannan says he’s not going anywhere until we’re back in the PL

In that case expect him sat in his rocking chair in front of the kop in the year 2067

Hes in his thirties so I would hazard a guess that it's unlikely

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We paid it this year though and we didn't go up last season 

Or do you mean that we'll have to tighten our budgets next season?
in which case how do you think that will affect our ability to get promoted?

I said earlier imho we might as well get comfy, we are not getting out of this division quick now, that was a huge chance missed 

we are here for a while now 

20 hours ago, poorlyheadowl said:

Because then some may just see a team carried week in week out by a single player is going nowhere. 

Am I wrong? 

You mean Bannan that threaded the ball through for the goal last night.

Always reticent to call out any closet Blades, but 48 posts and shi*t stirring like this makes you wonder.

20 hours ago, DaveClark said:

I thought to myself, where are the game changers in the line up tonight?

I know he wasn't the best, but a JJ playing tonight would have made the world of difference.

A Llera coming out of defence with the ball, confidently, would have made all the difference.

A Reda Johnson scaring the defence from left back would have made all the difference.

These players aren't owt special, but we certainly lack them right now.    We don't seem to have much character on the pitch, we don't stamp our authority.

Thought we had the best squad in the division 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Thought we had the best squad in the division 🤷‍♂️

The players I quoted would step up and influence a game positively.

After the previous game it was obvious Bannan wouldn't impose himself, so who else would?  

Those players I mentioned were all with us in this division last and would all be an upgrade on what we have now.

There where other L1 players we had who would be better in this squad too.   If we had other focus players, Bannan would play better because he would not be targetted.

• Thanks 1