So f***** proud

52 minutes ago, wacker1962 said:

I knew that it would end in tears as soon the stupid ******** mobile lights started and bouncing. The away sides just lap it up and all the local teams that hate us just laugh at us. Can you blame them. 

Should everyone have put a nappy on and sat in the corner? 

I have to agree with the OP, though I understand why that's not popular at the moment. After relegation under embargo I expected to be battling for League 1 status or looking at being the next Bolton and I've tried to keep that in mind. It's not reality that disappoints, its expectations.

The players that went out for us today wanted to be there for the football, and cared if they won or lost, and I'm sure are more disappointed that we are at the moment. I would not ever expect that attitude from Izzy Brown, Elias Kachunga, Jordan Rhodes, or any of the other wasters on our payroll from the last few years.

I'd rather be involved in a proud club in League 1 than a shambling, abused zombie in the Championship.

• Like 4

I fed up of reading that DM is not the man for us. 

After some of the useless managers we have had recently DM has taken the biggest steps in repairing our club. Nothing happens as quickly as supporters want it to. What DM has done in just 1 season is brilliant. He needs to build on this and get us automatic promotion next season. 

We have done better than expected this season. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I can't recall ever feeling this low after seeing us lose. I've always managed to shrug off the disappointment, and there's been plenty of that in our history.

But this just cuts different. It feels like I've lost a pet or something. There was only one winner after the goal. I'm still trying to process it all. I dunno. I guess time will heal the pain. 

We can definitely be proud of this team. Heads held high. 

• Like 2

Been a good half a season. A good full season next campaign and we’ll be up autos. Happy to wait 12 months, last season in champ was absolutely minging, way worse than anything this year.

Looking forward to handing out some absolute batterings next term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

After some of the useless managers we have had recently DM has taken the biggest steps in repairing our club. Nothing happens as quickly as supporters want it to. What DM has done in just 1 season is brilliant. He needs to build on this and get us automatic promotion next season. 

Even Barry Bannan said our season had been a failure. I respect him for his sober summary of the reality. We dropped too many points away from home from poor tactics and some poor defending. That's what cost us autos and then we didn't really turn up for the 2 games v Sunderland.

Many seem to think because of our improvement this season, that we will walk it next year. If Sunderland go up, we will be the biggest scalp in the division and we have a little rebuilding to do, so we have no room for error. The pressure is going to be huge from a more expectant and impatient fan base - we've been here before and I can see DM being ousted before the end of September if we are not firing on all cylinders home and away. I hope he makes it, but it's going to be harder than this season - this was our best chance with the squad we had compared to virtually anyone in this league.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Honestly, I'm so proud of those lads out there. They gave their absolute all and left everything on that pitch, stood up to be counted, despite all the decisions going other way.

When they put on the kit and play like it means something to them, like they're a fan on the pitch, how could I care whether we're in League One, National League or the Prem? 

I've got MY CLUB back.

😂😂😂😂😂wtf

7 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Honestly, I'm so proud of those lads out there. They gave their absolute all and left everything on that pitch, stood up to be counted, despite all the decisions going other way.

When they put on the kit and play like it means something to them, like they're a fan on the pitch, how could I care whether we're in League One, National League or the Prem? 

I've got MY CLUB back.

Absolutely

6 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Not on the wind up.

Can anyone seriously tell me that they would've though in June we'd have had this sort of season? Falling in love with players and had some great laughs along the way (mainly at the quality of Florian Kamberi and Jaden Brown). 

Anyone who says it hasn't been a great season is kidding themselves really. Some people have very short memories.

Rather this than lower mid-table champ mediocrity with players who could care less

Seems Bannan has a different view to you..he says they let the fans down and not getting promoted is failure.

Failure gets reward 

Weve got a useless numpty at the helm - by far and away a complete idiot when it comes to tactics as he has shown so many countless times this season not being able to manage a game out and making the wrong choices

We deserve nothing if he’s given another shot

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

I've got MY CLUB back.

We’ll said Tony. I doubted your commitment to the cause for ten games in 2020, but see you’re refreshed and raring to go.

6 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Agree, I get the disappointment after last night's result but far too many self-entitled whingers. They seem to forget other teams are capable of playing well and nothing shakes their belief that we should just rock up and smash everyone who dares share a pitch with us.

There was very little between the 2 teams last night, a few lucky breaks (like they got in the 1st leg) and it would have been a different outcome. 

Anyway, let's build on this and look forward to next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Failure gets reward 

Weve got a useless numpty at the helm - by far and away a complete idiot when it comes to tactics as he has shown so many countless times this season not being able to manage a game out and making the wrong choices

We deserve nothing if he’s given another shot

Would much rather we had you at the helm, you seem to have all the answers.

Tell me of a manager that hasn't dropped points from leading positions or made wrong choices? 

• Like 1

I agree with the OP to be fair. We didn’t bottle this playoff semi in my opinion. They just looked a bit younger and fresher to me. We give it our all and we just fell short, ultimately a mistake in that first game cost us. 

After the first 65 mins in the first game, I was sort of really disappointed in how we’ve played but really we were just getting out pressed by a very fit side. I sort of underestimated Sunderland to a certain extent. 

10 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

I've got MY CLUB back.

I have been involved with football, in one capacity or other, for the past 55 years and never have I seen such biased refereeing as over the last 2 games.

Referee or Umpire are the hardest positions in any sport, but the last 2 performances were atrocious, if I was of 'Conspiracy theorist' type I would ne asking: Have the EFL and the FA instructed the officials to get Sunderland promoted.