Referee

You only need to read up on him ... demoted from championship - a Man Utd fan ....

https://m.football-lineups.com/referee/1112/James-Linington

This comment sees he continued where he left off last night !

SWFC v Derby 2016 ...Derby player blatantly handed balled on the goal line. clear pen and a red card. This joke of a ref gave nothing, worst refereeing decision i have seen this season. He is not good enough to ref in the pub league . Cheat.

11 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

You can, but what’s the point moaning about the referee when he had no material impact on the game.  Always think first reaction in defeat should be to look at what the team could do better rather than searching for poor excuses.

He did have material impact on the game, by blowing up every time one of their players hit the deck. Stopped the natural flow of the game. 

They should have had five bookings in the first half alone with their antics.

• Like 1

He wasn't interested. Half the time he wasn't watching where the ball was. First half I think we had a corner. Ball bouncing around their area. One of ours got flattened. Can't remember who. Ref didn't see it because he'd already set off towards the half way line facing the kop. The ball was still in play.

It wasn't the reason we lost but it contributed.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thought ref was poor but he had a thankless task at times with the over the top gamesmanship from Sunderland.

Some of the things I saw from Sunderland last night were embarrassing.

He wouldn't have had a thankless task if he had clamped down on the gamesmanship from the start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He did have material impact on the game, by blowing up every time one of their players hit the deck. Stopped the natural flow of the game. 

They should have had five bookings in the first half alone with their antics.

Whatever - just feels like a poor excuse to me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thought ref was poor but he had a thankless task at times with the over the top gamesmanship from Sunderland.

Some of the things I saw from Sunderland last night were embarrassing.

It was embarrassing from Sbut he set the tone in the first 10 minutes. The tackle on Byers was as clear as anything a yellow card, which followed Pritchards ridiculous dive. The ref has to see it as a foul, which he clearly didn't, or a dive in which case it's a booking. There were then 2 incidents of time wasting, one by the keeper and one by a defender where he stood 50 yards away and just waved his arm for them to get a move on, they didn't and he did nothing about it. From then on they knew they could get away with anything. So if he does his job properly then the whole complexion of the game changes as they can't do their s*@thousery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Whatever - just feels like a poor excuse to me.

I don't think it is sour grapes. They were the better team over the 2 legs but the best team doesn't always win (ask Man City after that heist by Madrid last week) but you just want the ref to do his job properly

The first half performance from the referee was one of the worst I’ve seen. Granted Sunderland made his job difficult but he just let them get away with. 

Finally booked someone for time wasting in the 99th minute. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

I don't think it is sour grapes. They were the better team over the 2 legs but the best team doesn't always win (ask Man City after that heist by Madrid last week) but you just want the ref to do his job properly

Can’t argue with that, but to focus so much on the referee is missing the point.  What I really want to see is our manager and players doing their jobs properly. 

6 hours ago, S25OWL said:

SWFC v Derby 2016 ...Derby player blatantly handed balled on the goal line. clear pen and a red card. This joke of a ref gave nothing, worst refereeing decision i have seen this season. He is not good enough to ref in the pub league . Cheat.

Didn’t realise it was him. Should never have refereed again after that. 

Hard to believe that was a mistake