Referee

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Can’t you do both ? 

You can, but what’s the point moaning about the referee when he had no material impact on the game.  Always think first reaction in defeat should be to look at what the team could do better rather than searching for poor excuses.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Here it is, the ‘poor ref’ thread in response to another disappointing performance.  For what it’s worth, I didn’t thing the referee was particularly good, but in absolutely no way was he responsible for our failure.  Take a good look at the players and the manager before moaning about officials.

We were shiiite but the ref was on another level of shiiite. He let them get away with everything .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

You can, but what’s the point moaning about the referee when he had no material impact on the game.  Always think first reaction in defeat should be to look at what the team could do better rather than searching for poor excuses.

Agree we didn’t do enough to win over the two legs but you are wrong to say he had no material Impact on the game. He failed to give us a penalty when he clearly should have done and he allowed them to tomewaste and foul and fake injury and dive to break up the game and frustrate our rhythm. It is basic away side shithousery and his failure to enforce the basic  laws of the game ruined it.  He was awful. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Down South said:

But still didn’t really influence the result.  

Probably not but you can't say that for sure. No pivitol moments but an accumulation of shocking decisions all against one team adds up

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Agree we didn’t do enough to win over the two legs but you are wrong to say he had no material Impact on the game. He failed to give us a penalty when he clearly should have done and he allowed them to tomewaste and foul and fake injury and dive to break up the game and frustrate our rhythm. It is basic away side shithousery and his failure to enforce the basic  laws of the game ruined it.  He was awful. 

Time wasting is the curse of the modern game, but good teams deal with it and get results.  Nothing clear about that penalty shout, would have been soft.

• Like 2

Just now, 1963owl said:

He let Sunderland waste time from the off. They were worse than wycombe

I don't blame the ref for us losing, but some of his decisions tonight were ridiculous, Sunderland were time wasting all game and I don't think he booked anybody until added time.And the foul on Byers ,did he even give a free kick.How do they keep getting games, as I said don't blame the ref but he got the penalty call wrong, how much could that cost Wednesday in lost revenue. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Time wasting is the curse of the modern game, but good teams deal with it and get results.  Nothing clear about that penalty shout, would have been soft.

Yes it is the curse because referees who could stamp it out don’t. Of course if we had scored 4 and played like we did for 30 minutes against Portsmouth it wouldn’t matter how bad the ref was  but he set the tone for tonight.

Not arguing that we weren’t good enough and in balance they edged it over two legs but I can’t stand arrogant p r I c k  refs not enforcing the laws of the game and spoiling wha t should be a good game of football.

How does he fail to book their lad for that foul on Byers within  first 5 minutes. How does he not book three of their players for simulation? How does he not give a foul for that forearm smash on Gregory. How does he not give a penalty for Windass ?

Beggars belief.::.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Yes it is the curse because referees who could stamp it out don’t. Of course if we had scored 4 and played like we did for 30 minutes against Portsmouth it wouldn’t matter how bad the ref was  but he set the tone for tonight.

Not arguing that we weren’t good enough and in balance they edged it over two legs but I can’t stand arrogant p r I c k  refs not enforcing the laws of the game and spoiling wha t should be a good game of football.

How does he fail to book their lad for that foul on Byers within  first 5 minutes. How does he not book three of their players for simulation? How does he not give a foul for that forearm smash on Gregory. How does he not give a penalty for Windass ?

Beggars belief.::.

Because it wasn’t one?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

A mate (Leeds fan) messaged me at half time and said "is this ref going to give you anything?"

Same. Another Leeds fan with the same comment. Penalty?

Surprised nobody has mentioned Sammy getting smashed in the back of the head so badly he had to go off looking dizzy. Clearly no penalty as head butts are fair game if the recipient is in blue and white.

• Like 3