Why is it never us celebrating

Thinking over the years how many teams we've had to sit and watch other teams celebrate momentous wins against us- I can genuinely only think of a playoff final v Hartlepool and a win v Wycombe to finish second - both in the third tier. Other than that, nothing.

When was last time we had a special night at Hillsborough where the result won us something or got us to Wembley?  I can't remember one.

Can remember seeing QPR take over Hillsborough winning League 1 in 2004 and thinking 'i'd love that to be us one day' Just having an incredible 'we did it' moment. We've had two. But seen loads do it to us.

Good things just don't happen to us.

Just now, KivoOwl said:

Thinking over the years how many teams we've had to sit and watch other teams celebrate momentous wins against us- I can genuinely only think of a playoff final v Hartlepool and a win v Wycombe to finish second - both in the third tier. Other than that, nothing.

When was last time we had a special night at Hillsborough where the result won us something or got us to Wembley?  I can't remember one.

Can remember seeing QPR take over Hillsborough winning League 1 in 2004 and thinking 'i'd love that to be us one day' Just having an incredible 'we did it' moment. We've had two. But seen loads do it to us.

Good things just don't happen to us.

Because by and large we’ve been mismanaged for 20 years and good things don’t often happen to mismanaged clubs. 

All we can do is hope things get better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Also can our fans stop with the stupid ‘light show’ and singing ‘we’re on our way’.

Call me superstitious but not justified at all when we’re at 1-1. Asking for trouble. Just get behind em without stupid gimmicks.

lol

Agree Sally. Asking for trouble every time. Did it against pigs and again toneet. Only leads to pain

4 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

The constant appointment of absolute shybo managers that keep getting outfoxed by their much better counterparts. That’s why we’ve had to endure this poo for 30 years 

This. Along with bringing in a never ending stream of injury prone players which we never seem to learn from.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Because by and large we’ve been mismanaged for 20 years and good things don’t often happen to mismanaged clubs. 

All we can do is hope things get better. 

Apparently things can only get better.

I heard someone say so.

56 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I was just thinking how crap it must be to be a Wednesday fan under 30  

I’m 23. In my Wednesday career it hasn’t really gotten any better than Brighton semifinal. Occasionally older fans will mention it’s the anniversary of when we did something good, im starting to think they’re making it all up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Hull, Huddersfield, Derby and now Sunderland!

4 relegations, 2 promotions in 30 years.

You've got to be mad to support this club!

The envy to be a Derby fan at the moment, and Sunderland have had 4 years of the dog poo… our day will come and when it does it will feel like the greatest triumph ever

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Hull, Huddersfield, Derby and now Sunderland!

4 relegations, 2 promotions in 30 years.

You've got to be mad to support this club!

It makes it all the more sweeter when we do eventually win something. 

Next season. Automatic if not champions of league 1. Nailed on

9 minutes ago, YorKup said:

I’m 23. In my Wednesday career it hasn’t really gotten any better than Brighton semifinal. Occasionally older fans will mention it’s the anniversary of when we did something good, im starting to think they’re making it all up 

Yeah it's hard for the younger fans. I was there in 91 and yes it was real. I would never have guessed that in 30 years we have won nothing else. 

It was an amazing experience. Yhe whole cup run in 91 and 93 was very special. 

When Sheridan hit the back of the net every fan knew that we had won. 

It was brilliant. I still enjoy watching 91 on YouTube. It's a great pick me up tonic 

• Like 1

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

Yeah it's hard for the younger fans. I was there in 91 and yes it was real. I would never have guessed that in 30 years we have won nothing else. 

It was an amazing experience. Yhe whole cup run in 91 and 93 was very special. 

It was brilliant. I still enjoy watching 91 on YouTube. It's a great pick me up tonic 

I was at millennium stadium too against Hartlepool. Don't think that it is anywhere near the feeling of winning a cup at Wembley 

9 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

my dad was there too. you can tell from him and others talking about it that it was special. i will continue wading through the rivers of poo provided by swfc in the hope that one day I can experience it too

must be similar for forest fans of a certain age hearing about the European cups. Just unimaginable to think your club ever did something like that