It's not that important, believe me

53 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Let it sink in, it's only a game of football, so what we lost, its a brand new day tomorrow, there's more important things in life, so enjoy your life

Since Russia's invasion began on 24 February, the UN has recorded at least 2,345 civilian deaths and 2,919 injured in Ukraine, the High Commissioner for Human Rights said in an update last month. 

More than 12 million people are said to have fled their homes since the conflict began, with 5.7 million leaving for neighbouring countries and another 6.5 million people thought to be displaced inside the war-torn country itself.

Does put things in perspective doesn’t it

• Love 2

12 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I guess it's a lot easier to say oh so what it's only a game if you live many miles away, don't go to games and don't spend thousands of pounds following the team all over, and don't have your rival fans walking amongst you. 

I spent thousands following Wednesday, home and away, lose and I was in a mood for days, not worth it at all, 

9 minutes ago, Hoofit said:

Since Russia's invasion began on 24 February, the UN has recorded at least 2,345 civilian deaths and 2,919 injured in Ukraine, the High Commissioner for Human Rights said in an update last month. 

More than 12 million people are said to have fled their homes since the conflict began, with 5.7 million leaving for neighbouring countries and another 6.5 million people thought to be displaced inside the war-torn country itself.

Does put things in perspective doesn’t it

Mothers and fathers have lost sons

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Let it sink in, it's only a game of football, so what we lost, its a brand new day tomorrow, there's more important things in life, so enjoy your life

It was important to me mate & in the morning it will still be important 

Wednesday and football in general are a massive part of my life and identity but to be honest win, lose or draw I don’t really mind as there is always another game and there will always be more opportunities for these massive games to come around.

bring on next season 💪🏼  🦉 

Big difference between caring a lot and letting it get you down. The latter should really only be reserved only for things we can control or influence directly.

(Obviously I’m not talking about extreme stuff like bereavements, but as a general rule for most things in life.)

When you fully know and accept that you as an individual have zero control over something, it seems fairly clear to me that the only way to gain anything constructive from the experience is to find the good in it, and enjoy or learn from that any way you can.

For years now I’ve viewed Wednesday as my version of the TV soap operas or reality shows that loads of other people love. I get nowt whatsoever from those, but Wednesday is the bizarre show I can’t miss an episode of - even if they do sometimes kill off my favourite character, or bring in a storyline I don’t find particularly engaging, I’ll never be able to turn my back on it. It’s fascinating.

I do very much want everything to ‘work out’ for us, of course…but in a weird way, wouldn’t that sort of feel like The End? I don’t want the end, I’m hooked!

lol

I do wonder how some people get by every day 

One comment regarding Wednesday that they don't like and it's full on abuse 

I'm convinced they have people who tell them how great they are and how wonderful life is 

I'm frustrated but there's way more things to worry about than 11 guys kicking a ball about 

When I walked out of the Hartlepool cup match earlier this season if anyone had told me that we'd be in the play-offs I'd have laughed my head off...the fact that we finished the season where we did I thought was a miracle. Top home goal scorers in all four divisions...with 80 plus points. So, as disappointed as I was with last nights result I do think we have a chance of automatic promotion next season. Not all gloom and doom for me.

• Like 2

The thing is this club deserves a lot more good times than it currently has.

Everyone got behind that team last night and they throw it back in our face turning out like that 

Another year wasted, all that momentum to just revert to playing like we did in the first third of the season - why? 

People are right to be angry and let it pi55 them off - we expect and deserve better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

The thing is this club deserves a lot more good times than it currently has.

Everyone got behind that team last night and they throw it back in our face turning out like that 

Another year wasted, all that momentum to just revert to playing like we did in the first third of the season - why? 

People are right to be angry and let it pi55 them off - we expect and deserve better.

You take it far too personally. 

They didn't underperform last night to spite you. 

Take some beta blockers or something. F*cking hell. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You take it far too personally. 

They didn't underperform last night to spite you. 

Take some beta blockers or something. F*cking hell. 

Course they didn’t, that was all down to the gaffer - yet we want to give him another chance. 

He’s built some foundations - but we need to move on from him to move forward at pace next year, learn from the Carlos era Wednesday for once.

19 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Course they didn’t, that was all down to the gaffer - yet we want to give him another chance. 

He’s built some foundations - but we need to move on from him to move forward at pace next year, learn from the Carlos era Wednesday for once.

But who do we get in? 

Ok, we sack him, fair enough - but then we have to trust the man in charge of this bowl of fruit/buts to get another manager in. 

12 hours ago, alanharper said:

I guess it's a lot easier to say oh so what it's only a game if you live many miles away, don't go to games and don't spend thousands of pounds following the team all over, and don't have your rival fans walking amongst you. 

this exactly. there's Wednesday fans at work today who aren't bothered in the slightest, and in no way am i doing the super fan nonsense but they don't have season tickets, they go a couple of times a season at the most, haven't been to away games for years and years, but for some of us who have had season tickets since 8 years old, and done 45/48 league games including playoffs, it does hurt a bit different. invested money for all the away tickets and travel, it does sit differently. But optimistic for next season anyway