Moore says ...

6 hours ago, parajack said:

It WAS this Year in my view(automatic) Nex Year will be so much harder....thrown away by too cautious,and too many draws..NOT the play offs

I think next year will be tough.  Other teams in the division know what we are about and we need to kick on. Time will tell.

8 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

'It was a better game then first 1' 

' we have to re group and go again '

' we've had a good season' 

Omfg ....get this brainless idiot out of this club please

Go on then. Get yourself off.

We haven’t got anywhere near enough out of this squad….

Yet we’re too 3 in the form table since the turn of the year?

A huge summer of upheaval caused a slow start but, we were bang there. 

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

When a manager loses a play-off it's a mistake to keep him.

We learned that with Carlos.

Players (and fans) lose confidence in him.

The problem isn't the players, it's Moore.

We've had the players but, not for the first time, the problem has been in the dugout.

We've consistently seen teams around us do better with less investment and/or players which on paper are not as good as ours.

It's happened again this season with Rotherham.

Would Moore have got the Millers promoted? I doubt it.

NO because he would have changed their way of playing,to 'play it out' and you would have seen them passing the ball around in their own half,and across and in front of their own 25 yd box..thats HIS achilles heel,he thinks thats how 'football' should be played.....

He needs to be told(by his Boss) to keep 352,sort out the defensive error's and play a more direct style of attacking football....WITHOUT 7 OR 8 PASSES to get to your own half way line....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

We haven’t got anywhere near enough out of this squad….

Yet we’re too 3 in the form table since the turn of the year?

A huge summer of upheaval caused a slow start but, we were bang there. 

Slow start mate was caused by DM recruiting for his preferred systym of a lone striker,and persisting with it,even when he couldnt make it work.....Gregory needed someone to play alongside him....He wasnt Fletcher.....

Cant keep trotting out excuses for DM....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Okay ....I'll spell it out...Sunderland got rid of Lee Johnson, ppl were shocked saddened,amazed ,pìssed off , happy, etc....they hired a Scottish bloke and he'd led them to a final.

Point is ...no big change is really needed with most of the players they just need someone in who can mentally deal with them, because another manager wins us promotion.

Moore isn't that man - imo.

Cue the abuse ( not you ) bcz I have an opinion.

I think you completely missed my point then. Sunderland have taken that approach for the last four years, changing managers and squads of players and they are still in league one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Slow start mate was caused by DM recruiting for his preferred systym of a lone striker,and persisting with it,even when he couldnt make it work.....Gregory needed someone to play alongside him....He wasnt Fletcher.....

Or we could have just used a different striker and avoided all of this. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

He’s had a good second half of the season and deserves another crack next year.

This is how I feel. That said I wouldn't shed any tears, if he went. Hope all our fans are behind him, in August, for another go at it.

I don’t believe sacking him is the way to go, largely because “who comes in?”.

But he is on a hiding to nothing next season. If we start slow again and find ourselves 8th in December again Hillsborough will be toxic.

Away form needs sorting. Switching off needs sorting.

If possible some of the bigger wages need moving on. Windass, Paterson and maybe Iorfa.

Be interesting to see what recruitment is like this summer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, parajack said:

NO because he would have changed their way of playing,to 'play it out' and you would have seen them passing the ball around in their own half,and across and in front of their own 25 yd box..thats HIS achilles heel,he thinks thats how 'football' should be played.....

He needs to be told(by his Boss) to keep 352,sort out the defensive error's and play a more direct style of attacking football....WITHOUT 7 OR 8 PASSES to get to your own half way line....

True.

12 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

I think you completely missed my point then. Sunderland have taken that approach for the last four years, changing managers and squads of players and they are still in league one.

I've said in other posts that I think that Neil for them is like Jones was for us.

Someone with a lot of experience who'd managed at a higher level, but who's stock had fallen.

That's really what we need again.

What is indisputable, even by the most ardent Moorists on the site, is that over the two legs we were outwitted.

Anyone who watched those two games would arrive at that conclusion, I'm sure.

Let's face it, we were absolutely bobbar for 80% of the time over the two legs.

In fact, I think if anything we were worse at home than away, which implies that he'd learned more about us after the first match than we'd learned about them.

• Thanks 1

I think Moore has done a good job specifically from second part of the season. However his tactical ineptness in games has cost us. Deserves to be in charge next season. But have to start well and be in the mix all season. Cant have a poor first half of the season again.  

So frustrating and angry about last night. 

25 minutes ago, parajack said:

Can keep putting 'laughing' emoji's as much as you like..........laughing at the loss of 14 Million TV revenue,and another season of dire 'football' in L1 ....For me the prospect of both Rotherham AND WW returning to the Championship,whilst we who were  relegated ONLY by an EFL sanction play Forest Green Rovers et al.....leaves me feeling nothing but sadness.......but you keeplaughing away FOOL

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

Sound.

Lets start again then with a new manager. Who has his own preferences and, will need to build a squad to suit…