Back Darren Moore

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The problem I have with listening to fans crying for a change is that if we listen to them they'll only cry for the next manager to go too if he loses a game

I just can't trust the opinions of fans who call for 'proper clear aaaahhhts' every couple of weeks

Nothing highlights the changes in society like this does. And it's completely undeniable. The amount of time a manager gets these days bears no comparison with even a single generation ago. Patience, empathy and perspective are in increasing decline, whilst demands, anger and entitlement are surging. 

GIVE ME WHAT I WANT. 

NOW DAMN IT !!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

IMO DM'S negativity in the first third of the season cost us.

The run in 2022 made me think he's learning, a more positive approach and more varied set pieces.

The play-offs highlighted his tactical shortcomings IMO,  step backwards.

Final point, if Moore couldn't get us up with this squad is he likely to do so with what is in all probability  weaker squad next season?

Nothing short of a complete joke how he managed the playoffs. 

Why do we have to put up with it? Carlos did it - and we rewarded him over and over. 

DM hasn't got it in him to get this team over the line, pathetic appraoch to the 2 most important games in recent years. Sat back and punted it long for 70 minutes. Can't believe anyone will put up with it. 

At the start of the season, most people said that play offs was the target.

He had a massive rebuild on his hands, the gloom of relegation, transfer restrictions and the list goes on.

Seven of that starting 11 were signed by Moore - few would argue that his transfer business was anything short of brilliant under the circumstances.

The football this year has been the best since Carlos season 1.

He can be trusted in the next transfer window and deserves the chance to carry on.  I think Chansiri will stick with him.

Edited by fife_owl
  • Like 2

I can see a case for DM to be given another year.  He changed the squad with little financial backing and the second half of the season mounted a challenge to get us into the play-offs.  However he is tactically naïve when the game is in progress.  Last night was a classic example.  We were being muscled out of the game and he replaces Byers with NML (a touch player) when he had the option of Dele on the bench who would have provided some force.  Then he brings on SB (another touch player) who is dependent on the service he gets which had not been good for most of the game. I o not like to see anybody sacked so I would err on the side of him being given another year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tactically outclassed over the two legs. Correct.

But 85 points this season. Inherited an absolute shambles of a squad and club and has created a way of playing and made us competitive again, after a few years of pure dross in the Championship. 

I hope we have some money to spend so we can back him in the summer. I think he’s the man for the job. Tonight hurts, but Sunderland were the better side. It’s as simple as that. 

Agree - for once in our recent history, can we just stick by someone who has largely delivered this season in trying circumstances, helping us to lots of points and lots of goals, a home record I haven't seen the like of in years, and who has the respect of the players and good contacts in the game - and who has a boatload of integrity.

No, we haven't won anything, but neither do most managers, but at least we have some self-respect back and we can move forwards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cain said:

How about finishing first or second with a few more points?

Again, that doesn’t make sense. Are you only tactically adept if your team gets more than 85 points. 

So, let me get this right; if Moore would have gained automatic promotion with 85 points or fewer, he would still be tactically inept? Have I got that right? MK Dons finished on 89 points but crashed out of the playoffs to Wycombe. Is their manager tactically inept or adept? What about Wycombe and Sunderland - at the end of the playoff final, will one manager be tactically inept and the other tactically adept given that both of those teams finished with less points than us? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Nothing short of a complete joke how he managed the playoffs. 

Why do we have to put up with it? Carlos did it - and we rewarded him over and over. 

DM hasn't got it in him to get this team over the line, pathetic appraoch to the 2 most important games in recent years. Sat back and punted it long for 70 minutes. Can't believe anyone will put up with it. 

How did we manage to get to those most important games in recent years?  Maybe you could give the manager some credit for this?

This is not football manager btw. Ever crossed your mind that the other teams try to win as well? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheSlicer said:

Just think of how many players we wouldn’t have got if we had the likes of Jos, Monk etc. 

Wouldnt have needed them if GM had stayed we would still be a Championship side

4 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

By all means let bad managers grow, but when we get a good one we need to allow them to grow into the job. DM has done miracles with us as a manager. He's had two outstanding transfer windows - and once gaps were plugged in the second one due to injuries in the first half of the season, we transformed into a promotion seeking team.

This is a guy that needs to be around for a while. I for one am looking forward to what more he can do for the club.

And the very very very best thing he's done, even more than the above, he's turned Wednesday into a team again. And that's something that had been sadly lacking since Carlos left. Sure there was a feel good factor when Steve Bruce was around, but he repaid our patience with him going off to watch Test cricket in the West Indies by leaving us in the lurch just a few months later.

Moores done miracles?

Steady down sweetheart, he's had a relegation and a failed playoff attempt in League One on his CV for us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

How did we manage to get to those most important games in recent years?  Maybe you could give the manager some credit for this?

This is not football manager btw. Ever crossed your mind that the other teams try to win as well? 

Carlos knew the score and was looking for a way out post shafting us in the last playoffs. 

We've got a massive budget, having another year in this league with a manager who has taken us down and failed to deliver this year gives me zero confidence. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Carlos knew the score and was looking for a way out post shafting us in the last playoffs. 

We've got a massive budget, having another year in this league with a manager who has taken us down and failed to deliver this year gives me zero confidence. 

You just said yourself that Moore took us to the most important years in recent history.

Why can't you just get behind him and the team?  (with our without confidence - just out of solidarity)

34 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Again, that doesn’t make sense. Are you only tactically adept if your team gets more than 85 points. 

So, let me get this right; if Moore would have gained automatic promotion with 85 points or fewer, he would still be tactically inept? Have I got that right? MK Dons finished on 89 points but crashed out of the playoffs to Wycombe. Is their manager tactically inept or adept? What about Wycombe and Sunderland - at the end of the playoff final, will one manager be tactically inept and the other tactically adept given that both of those teams finished with less points than us? 

With poorer squads 

23 minutes ago, cain said:

With poorer squads 

So MK Dons squad is poorer than ours? Sunderland’s also? That’s very debatable. 

I just think you don’t like Moore on any level. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I just think you don’t like Moore on any level. 

You don't say 😁 nail on head methinks mate. Mind you he will be saying the same thing about our next manager if he loses a couple of games on the trot FuckWitsRUs🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Not bothered what your sexual orientation is. Just stating facts that Moore isn't, how you put it, a miracle worker.

It's your sexual orientation that I'm concerned about! What gender do you think I am?

But DM is a miracle worker