Back Darren Moore

16 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

If you think Darren Moore should be our manager then you are utterly clueless... he has FAILED not just in the playoffs no all season he's failed. If you  accept this crap then your the problem. He isn't good enough wasn't good enough and will NEVER be good enough. Stop bring pathetic and realise with a decent manager we wouldn't have been in the playoffs we would have been promoted. His mistakes are ridiculous.  

This is our club please stop this tripe and don't condem us to a crap season next season under him. 

Get the message with out him we WOULD be in the championship next season. This awful poor league has been so shocking in standard and we have been beaten by a club who got in and experienced nob who knows how to win by being organised and fighting  to get it. We have NEVER sorted the defence out all season and how many yikes do the players look lost. Play offs we spent too much time sat back not going for it. Especially at the start of tonight's game. He isn't good enough. Have some pride in our club and stop accepting second best crap.

You need to have a good night's sleep and then spend a couple of hours meditating when you wake up. Rage is no barometer of support or wisdom.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The problem isn't building, though.

This squad was strong enough to get automatic promotion, let alone finish in the play-offs.

We need to get out of this mindset that this group of players is bobbar, because it isn't.

Chansiri is totally blameless this season, and has let Moore get on with things.

Nobody can say that Channers hasn't backed Moore.

In Bannan we have a player on £24 000 a week, for instance.

There are clubs in this league whose entire first teams are on that money.

We've missed out for three reasons.

(a) We struggle to defend set pieces

(b) We give away silly goals, often by not simply kicking it into Row Z

(c) We get tactically outwitted

All three factors are the fault of the manager.

And when a manager loses a play-off, it rarely bodes well for the following season.

No one said the team is bobbar, but neither is it without it’s weaknesses. 

I don’t know what is so shocking about a team finishing bottom in the championship and then recording 85 points the following season. It wasn’t quite enough but the hysterics saying that finishing 4th was a failure are ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

No one said the team is bobbar, but neither is it without it’s weaknesses. 

I don’t know what is so shocking about a team finishing bottom in the championship and then recording 85 points the following season. It wasn’t quite enough but the hysterics saying that finishing 4th was a failure are ridiculous. 

I get that, but it's why this failure has happened which is the issue.

Situations alter appraisals.

We've got away with a lot because of the strength of our squad, and Bannan in particular.

If he goes then we really are in trouble next season.

Moore's tactical shortcomings and our defending have often been overcompensated for by the rest of the team.

If he were in charge of a weaker squad, as many managers are in this league, then he'd be in difficulties.

Take Rotherham as an example.

If they'd have defended like us, do you believe they'd have gone up? I don't.

In fact with their squad they'd probably not have even made the play-offs.

Since Chansiri has been here he's brought some very good players to this club, but the weak link has always been the management.

Which is why clubs around us have outperformed us when on paper they shouldn't have.

When you lose a play-off there's a hangover the next season, and we don't want to be looking for a new manager in January with yet another season wasted.

I think we should look for another, more experienced manager who plays in a similar way to Moore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I get that, but it's why this failure has happened which is the issue.

Situations alter appraisals.

We've got away with a lot because of the strength of our squad, and Bannan in particular.

If he goes then we really are in trouble next season.

Moore's tactical shortcomings and our defending have often been overcompensated for by the rest of the team.

If he were in charge of a weaker squad, as many managers are in this league, then he'd be in difficulties.

Take Rotherham as an example.

If they'd have defended like us, do you believe they'd have gone up? I don't.

In fact with their squad they'd probably not have even made the play-offs.

Since Chansiri has been here he's brought some very good players to this club, but the weak link has always been the management.

Which is why clubs around us have outperformed us when on paper they shouldn't have.

When you lose a play-off there's a hangover the next season, and we don't want to be looking for a new manager in January with yet another season wasted.

I think we should look for another, more experienced manager who plays in a similar way to Moore.

I think that’s simplifying things somewhat. Carlos lost to Steve Bruce and David Wagner and yet he’s managing a side in Europe now. 

Moore was at a smaller club than us in Doncaster and had them challenging around the top 6. 

Who would you want?

"No plan B"

"Tactically inept"

"Lost the dressing room"

"No track record"

Never mind; the season is almost over and we'll at least have a break of a few weeks from these tired, witless cliches repeated ad nauseum at half the clubs in the bloody country all over again. Opinions by numbers.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

Your comment makes absolutely no sense when you consider that we finished in fourth place with 85 points. 

How about finishing first or second with a few more points?

Edited by cain

It's a no from me.

Consistently struggled to change the pattern of games not going well.

Consistently struggled to determine his best team.

Consistently struggled to engage and inspire the fanbase.

Did his best and probably achieved the best he was ever going to achieve.

Sadly confident he won't improve on this season if given the chance.

Thanks and bye.

I can’t drag any optimism out of the thought of another season under Moore

He’s contradicted his overall strategy throughout the season

The over loading of the squad meant that he constantly swapped, changed and shoe horned players in just to keep them happy. This effected fitness and consistency

The mismanagement of games at the hour mark cost us so many games, with baffling substitutions in key areas from day 1 of his tenure

The play offs just didn’t happen, a large chunk of responsibility sits with the players getting outfought, but Moore is employed to bring the best out of them

For me, he had a pop, didn’t happen when it matters and we move on and find another manager

• Like 1

I’m not a Moore fan, but don’t know who a better alternative is. I don’t think he’s the right man, but equally, we’ve learnt over the past few years that chopping and changing managers doesn’t work, so at what point do we stick with someone. 

That being said, I don’t think can sugarcoat it. This season has been abject failure . For all his faults, the chairman has backed him, both preseason and in January. On paper we have a squad better than any other and we’ve finished 4th.

I’m sure internally, automatics would have been the goal, so we failed on that by a mile and then we’ve faltered in the playoffs where he was outwitted by the opposing manager over 2 legs.

All in all, I can’t really take any positives from this season and can only see next season being even more difficult. 

• Like 1

I worry about our defensive frailties in this league, especially as the manager is a former defender. None of us know what DC's remit was for DM, so it is always possible that promotion was an absolute requirement. We will find out in the next few days if it’s announced that DM is leaving. I do think if that happened, there would be widespread criticism amongst football pundits and media. I’m really not sure how the supporters would actually vote though. Could be 50/50. 

I think DC will give him more time with an absolute remit that automatic promotion is a must. I think he will give him 3 more months next season to prove he can do it. 

The problem I have with listening to fans crying for a change is that if we listen to them they'll only cry for the next manager to go too if he loses a game

I just can't trust the opinions of fans who call for 'proper clear aaaahhhts' every couple of weeks

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, 0114 said:

Certainly not a bad manager. I think we’ve done ok but some of the games we’ve thrown points away makes me feel like we should have been going for the automatics. 

I think he’s made us the nice footballing team in the division, when we win we win well but always feel like there is a softness to us. 

Im unsure on Moore. I’m not calling for his head, but he doesn’t give me hope that we can grind out results to challenge in the top 2. 

Similar sentiments - We are simply too soft and too often unable to defend properly for 90 mins.  That combination will not get us promoted.

I think he will get another season but if we don’t start well  there will be no excuses and I have a feeling DC will make a change. 

Longer we hang around in this league the harder it will be to get out and I have a feeling it will ultimately take an Alex Neil type manager to instill the grit needed to get us up

• Like 1

By all means let bad managers grow, but when we get a good one we need to allow them to grow into the job. DM has done miracles with us as a manager. He's had two outstanding transfer windows - and once gaps were plugged in the second one due to injuries in the first half of the season, we transformed into a promotion seeking team.

This is a guy that needs to be around for a while. I for one am looking forward to what more he can do for the club.

And the very very very best thing he's done, even more than the above, he's turned Wednesday into a team again. And that's something that had been sadly lacking since Carlos left. Sure there was a feel good factor when Steve Bruce was around, but he repaid our patience with him going off to watch Test cricket in the West Indies by leaving us in the lurch just a few months later.

Our problem this season was our slow start and some really poor performances and late equalisers early on in the season. 

Once Moore sorted that out and things clicked we have been flying, we were only talking about automatics still being a possibility a few weeks ago. We were scoring freely, had a superb home record and no longer were guaranteed to lose if we went behind. 

And now, having lost to the team who finished directly below us in the table (and beat us over the course of the season) by 1 goal, he's rubbish and we need to gamble with (insert unknown manager here) as that's definitely worked so well the last few years.

I'll pass on that - he gets the first 3-4 months of season for me, if we carry on where we left off against Pompey (and sort out our away form) we're up via automatics. If it doesn't work out, at least we gave it a chance. 

• Like 2

Likeable bloke no questions asked, but likeable blokes don't get you over the line during the crunch. Took him half of the season to work out best line ups and best styles, played players out of position for god knows how long, recruited a shed load of wide players and reverted to playing wing backs, nervous as hell to make substitutions to change the course of the games, struggled to get the best out of a squad that is top 2 on paper and the envy of every manager in the league. 

We will no doubt have a big overhaul during the summer, so will it take him until the January to work things out again? Took him way too long to work out what formation and what players to use and by that time we blew automatic hopes and relied on the lottery of playoffs. Would that hesitancy cost us again if he's in charge? It's a thank you, but good bye from me

• Like 1

Always the same with these kinda threads

The people wanting him out never ever come up with a viable alternative that would guarantee a better overall season 

Yes last night was frustrating but the bigger picture is we probably aimed for play offs and that target was achieved. I’d imagine next season autos will be the target 

IMO DM'S negativity in the first third of the season cost us.

The run in 2022 made me think he's learning, a more positive approach and more varied set pieces.

The play-offs highlighted his tactical shortcomings IMO,  step backwards.

Final point, if Moore couldn't get us up with this squad is he likely to do so with what is in all probability  weaker squad next season?

• Like 1