Back Darren Moore

Wanted him out around Christmas. 

Happy for him to stay now. He's built something and I'd like to see where it goes. 

The manager merry go round never works. Clubs need stability and I think Moore has enough to keep us going. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

TBH I've seen enough this season to think he's not capable.

Home leg of a play off and don't turn up says enough for me.

At what point do the players shoulder some responsibility? He’s picked the same side that got us here, with the best home record in the league, playing the same system we have for 30 games. The fact is, we have been out run and out fought. It’s isn’t Moore’s fault, he isn’t on the pitch. Some of our much vaunted players, in reality, we’re not good enough over both legs. We need more athleticism and a younger squad, while keeping the best bits of this season.

• Like 1

I really really want to back him I like the guy but this team will look quite a bit different next season I’m sure if it and the league will be as tough if not tougher 

peterbourgh derby Bolton Ipswich Portsmouth Barnsley mk dons loser of the final and no doubt a few surprise teams it’s never gonna be easy sadly 

I also don’t know who else would be better suited because it would be silly to start all over again 

I hope bannan stays but I can’t see it he deserves to be playing higher and I think the look on his face at the end confirmed he won’t be here to me 

4 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Just think of how many players we wouldn’t have got if we had the likes of Jos, Monk etc. 

Just think of how well those players would have done if Moore knew what he was doing 

• Thanks 1

Imagine Wycombe winning - it won’t be far off same again with us Mackems and MKDons although canna see the Scott Twine or Jack Clarke and that lad upfront for Sunderland being there for either of them.

Tricky one but I’d probably keep him too.

But he’s already been backed, pretty heavily. Our wage bill is the biggest in the division or certainly one of. He failed to keep us up last season and he’s failed to get us promoted this season too. But he’s changed the culture, identity and I feel the club is in a better place than before he came. 

This league isn’t that competitive, there’s only a handful of good teams and with our squad when fully fit we can still make top 2. The Windass injury, CB crisis and our disaster start to the season cost us in the end, too much ground to make up.

Of course we’ll lose a few, but the core of our team will remain. Make some more smart free agent additions in the summer and we can run away with this league. 

• Like 4

Stick with him for me. So completely fed up of sacking managers and waiting for the next one to be sacked and then the next one.

I have zero confidence that Chansiri would get the next managerial appointment right.

Moore’s building something, give him time to carry on.

• Like 6

Just now, cain said:

Just think of how well those players would have done if Moore knew what he was doing 

Over the season, particularly the second half i think he does. 

I get there’s going to be differing of opinions. Especially when emotions are high after a semi final defeat. 

name me a realistic manager that would come and do a better job under the shackles of Chansiri? 

2 minutes ago, gingerknob1 said:

I really really want to back him I like the guy but this team will look quite a bit different next season I’m sure if it and the league will be as tough if not tougher 

peterbourgh derby Bolton Ipswich Portsmouth Barnsley mk dons loser of the final and no doubt a few surprise teams it’s never gonna be easy sadly 

I also don’t know who else would be better suited because it would be silly to start all over again 

I hope bannan stays but I can’t see it he deserves to be playing higher and I think the look on his face at the end confirmed he won’t be here to me 

Bannan should have left years ago. Absolute credit to him for staying put. Suffered three play off defeats and a relegation with us. He’s absolutely bonkers if he stays on, but I genuinely think he will. 

11 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

100% agree..

Give him next season..  hopefully he'll look at changing some old guard for some younger / eager players , altough we say this every season.

It's not about the players' hunger, it's about tactical nous.

It isn't a surprise that Neil shut us out; I couldn't see us keeping a clean sheet which meant our getting 3 goals to win tonight.

That was never going to happen.

Moore's basically been outthought.

We've never really got to grips with defending set pieces, and we've conceded silly goals all season.

Let's be honest, the sort of goals we've let in are not consistent with a team going for promotion.

Across the motorway, their promotion was built on solid defending.

That is probably the easiest aspect of management, and it's all the more surprising that we can't do it as Moore was himself a defender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheSlicer said:

I get there’s going to be differing of opinions. Especially when emotions are high after a semi final defeat. 

name me a realistic manager that would come and do a better job under the shackles of Chansiri? 

It’s not about who would or who wouldn’t come in…..Darren Moore has continued to get the tactics wrong on far too many occasions this season…..including both play off games

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

At what point do the players shoulder some responsibility? He’s picked the same side that got us here, with the best home record in the league, playing the same system we have for 30 games. The fact is, we have been out run and out fought. It’s isn’t Moore’s fault, he isn’t on the pitch. Some of our much vaunted players, in reality, we’re not good enough over both legs. We need more athleticism and a younger squad, while keeping the best bits of this season.

Totally hear what you're saying and yes the players should shoulder responsibility also.

BUT

Over the 2 legs we were poor and played his tactics by a team he put together.

Only my opinion mate.

He's not the man for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

But I don't think Moore has been shackled by Chansiri.

Sunderland got Neil, so why couldn't we get a manager of that ilk?

Just now, cain said:

It’s not about who would or who wouldn’t come in…..Darren Moore has continued to get the tactics wrong on far too many occasions this season…..including both play off games

Well it is about that if people want him out. 

people want him out, but who do they want in? 

let’s get rid of Moore and have nobody? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Athelwulf said:

But I don't think Moore has been shackled by Chansiri.

Sunderland got Neil, so why couldn't we get a manager of that ilk?

I think Moore not being shackled by chansiri is a positive. Previous managers have, and I dare say if Moore goes then the next one will.