Back Darren Moore

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tactically outclassed over the two legs. Correct.

But 85 points this season. Inherited an absolute shambles of a squad and club and has created a way of playing and made us competitive again, after a few years of pure dross in the Championship. 

I hope we have some money to spend so we can back him in the summer. I think he’s the man for the job. Tonight hurts, but Sunderland were the better side. It’s as simple as that. 

He promised a younger and more athletic squad earlier in his tenure. I want to see him deliver on that pledge and see where it takes us.

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

He’s the man for me. We need evolution, not revolution. Bank our positives from this season and improve on our weaknesses.

100% agree..

Give him next season..  hopefully he'll look at changing some old guard for some younger / eager players , altough we say this every season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Certainly not a bad manager. I think we’ve done ok but some of the games we’ve thrown points away makes me feel like we should have been going for the automatics. 

I think he’s made us the nice footballing team in the division, when we win we win well but always feel like there is a softness to us. 

Im unsure on Moore. I’m not calling for his head, but he doesn’t give me hope that we can grind out results to challenge in the top 2. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Don't think Moore can really say he wasn't backed this season tbf

Not many clubs In league 1 could afford bannan,mas,windass,paterson and Hutchinson 

Then add on gregory, bpf ,Dean and story

Acting like Moore was looking around frees from the conference 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

He’s the man for me. We need evolution, not revolution. Bank our positives from this season and improve on our weaknesses.

TBH I've seen enough this season to think he's not capable.

Home leg of a play off and don't turn up says enough for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

This. But I have two big concerns:

1. He promised a younger squad, yet we ended up with the second oldest in the league. Yeah, pragmatism is absolutely required when stopping a rot that seems pretty set into this football club, but that doesn't track with the promise. 

2. How feeble we were over the two legs. I will be the first to say that we lost over the 180 minutes due to fine margins in key seconds of the two legs, and by-and-large we did match Sunderland over that time. But, Sunderland had what felt like the majority of 50/50 theirs... you don't do that by luck, you do it by making it yours. They showed a little more energy and a lot more desire. Which has been a problem a few times this season.

I like the patterns of play we produce under Moore. I like him as a bloke. I think the players enjoy playing for him. We've created a lot of chances this season. He's really helped to stabilise the ship and stop the f*cking rot we've had to endure for the last 4ish years. There's been a lot of positives under Moore - I've really, really wanted to like him and have back him... But the above two points are genuine worries. 

Yes,  good points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally I think he’s done well from where he started and would be disappointed if he isn’t given another season. We need to fix our way of playing away from home to bag those extra points that get you to autos. Playoffs are a lottery. MKDons also went out and they were the ‘best side’ in the playoffs. We finished the season strongly and honestly think we can push on and get better. DM stays IMO. It’s a tweak this time not a rebuild so I am positive about our prospects. 

• Like 2

Well, after calming down, I kind of agree. He’s probably our best bet with Chansiri in charge anyway. 

But I can’t say I’m impressed with his showing in the play-offs. He needs to add someone to the coaching staff with a bit more tactical knowhow than himself. Can’t be that hard to find. And a lot more realistic option than waiting for Chansiri to stumble across a decent manager. 

Moore has to acknowledge that he’s not the brightest tactitian, mind you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This. But I have two big concerns:

1. He promised a younger squad, yet we ended up with the second oldest in the league. Yeah, pragmatism is absolutely required when stopping a rot that seems pretty set into this football club, but that doesn't track with the promise. 

2. How feeble we were over the two legs. I will be the first to say that we lost over the 180 minutes due to fine margins in key seconds of the two legs, and by-and-large we did match Sunderland over that time. But, Sunderland had what felt like the majority of 50/50 theirs... you don't do that by luck, you do it by making it yours. They showed a little more energy and a lot more desire. Which has been a problem a few times this season.

I like the patterns of play we produce under Moore. I like him as a bloke. I think the players enjoy playing for him. We've created a lot of chances this season. He's really helped to stabilise the ship and stop the f*cking rot we've had to endure for the last 4ish years. There's been a lot of positives under Moore - I've really, really wanted to like him and have back him... But the above two points are genuine worries. 

This is a good post. 

12 minutes ago, cain said:

Just think how many points we would have got if he wasn’t tactically inept 

Just think of how many players we wouldn’t have got if we had the likes of Jos, Monk etc. 

• Like 2