Never showed up.

We got beat by the better team over the 2 legs. Tactically set up wrong in the first tie.

We couldn't have done any different in the 2nd leg and deserved to lose overall.

I would give Moore another season. But we've got to get the injuries sorted. We would have had top 2 if it wasn't for this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

I'd agree but I think that was largely due to them pressing us and forcing it. Good tactics from them

This. Their tactics prevented us from playing the way we would and so it should. Exactly like Wycombe did to MK.

We don't have a plan B. We arent physical enough.

• Like 3

I don't get where people had the idea we would be top 2. 

Honestly.........

We started the season with virtually a new squad, we were bound to struggle for consistency in the 1st part of it, which we did. Kicked on post Christmas and looked stronger, more consistent and the best home record in the league. 

Why is it people can never look at how positive the season is rather than looking for an angle to get the manager out? 

A new manager will want his own set up, overhaul of the squad, and all this puts us back again. 

We've done well this season from where we ended last campaign, build on that, don't start again.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

I'd agree but I think that was largely due to them pressing us and forcing it. Good tactics from them

Yup, its the one big question mark against DM, not sure he tactically astute enough to change games in our favour!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Honestly.........

We started the season with virtually a new squad, we were bound to struggle for consistency in the 1st part of it, which we did. Kicked on post Christmas and looked stronger, more consistent and the best home record in the league. 

Why is it people can never look at how positive the season is rather than looking for an angle to get the manager out? 

A new manager will want his own set up, overhaul of the squad, and all this puts us back again. 

We've done well this season from where we ended last campaign, build on that, don't start again.

As did Wigan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Honestly.........

Bang on

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

As did Wigan.

As did Ipswich...................

It's hit and miss is the point. 

Generally it doesn't come off, but you won't hear any Ipswich fans looking for a regime change. 

Accept it for what it is mate, we fell short, gave it a go and need to improve next year. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

As did Ipswich...................

It's hit and miss is the point. 

Generally it doesn't come off, but you won't hear any Ipswich fans looking for a regime change. 

Accept it for what it is mate, we fell short, gave it a go and need to improve next year. Nothing wrong with that.

Well , FWIW I think you will get your wish and Moore will still be manager next season .

21 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

We got beat by the better team over the 2 legs. Tactically set up wrong in the first tie.

We couldn't have done any different in the 2nd leg and deserved to lose overall.

I would give Moore another season. But we've got to get the injuries sorted. We would have had top 2 if it wasn't for this.

Just a cliche mate.

Absolutely nothing between the two sides other than one howling error.

If we didn’t turn up, neither did they. It was very even. Scrappy yes. But even.

• Like 2

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

Well , FWIW I think you will get your wish and Moore will still be manager next season .

Serious question, why would you sack him? 

4th on the back of 85 points, his players, his staff, and he's getting a tune out of them. 

Granted not always been 100% correct in his decision making, but which manager is? 

DM would likely get any other team promoted out of this division IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WatfordOwl said:

Serious question, why would you sack him? 

4th on the back of 85 points, his players, his staff, and he's getting a tune out of them. 

Granted not always been 100% correct in his decision making, but which manager is? 

DM would likely get any other team promoted out of this division IMO. 

I think we had the best , and certainly the largest squad in the division but we have failed to get promoted..............people can scream and shout all they want , but I remain convinced of that.

I looked at all the squads pre-season and said Wednesday and Wigan had the two strongest ones ,  and whilst Wigan were consistent all season , we relied on a storming finish after a poor start , and IMHO a lot of the dropped points in the first 4 months were down to DM,s poor selectorial and tactical decisions.

He just doesn`t fill me with confidence , don`t get me wrong I can see why some would want to keep him after the 2nd half of the season , but the bottom line is in the two play off games , and the Derby game last season we have come up short.......................woefully so tonight.

But like I say , I dont think he`s going anywhere so here`s hoping your faith in him is justified mate , time will tell.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Honestly.........

Well said, man.