Jump to content

Perspective


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


I can barely recall anyone on this site saying that playoffs weren’t the expectation 

 

I suppose no surprise to see some already moving those goalposts

Completely missing out the MAIN point which was 5 seasons in

league one out 20 was convenient too lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

So for Sheffield Wednesday league one we should accept mid table or lower ? Deary me . 
 

couldn’t disagree more 


Think the first word in your username is more relevant than your second

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Barnsley get's long covid, Etc etc..

 

Don't think Sunderland will beat Wycombe either...they have a manager who will know how to cope with em.

So we will have Sunderland again also.

 

Might make the play offs


Agreed I think next season is going to be tougher than this one.  Peterborough and Barnsley are always good in league 1, Derby have new ownership.  Ipswich and Portsmouth and Bolton are on the rise,  Mk dons, Plymouth and Oxford will come again, I honestly don’t feel confident at all 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Start of the season I had us for 10th-14th.

 

Bearing in mind 12 months ago we had what, 7 players on the books? 

 

Falling short is hard to take, but we have the chance to move on 7 or 8 in the summer who aren't going to be a huge loss (Luongo apart) but are on big wages. 

 

Positive for next season 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Ai relevant again . Keep clapping mate . We will get 18th next season and it will be progress in ur eyes lol 


18th is lower than 4th

 

Guess you ran out of fingers or something 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


18th is lower than 4th

 

Guess you ran out of fingers or something 

Bet you are incredible fun at parties with this level of banter , top marks sure many readers are in stitches with this level of banter 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Bet you are incredible fun at parties with this level of banter , top marks sure many readers are in stitches with this level of banter 


I can confirm at least one person was.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:


I think that’s the point.

 

Can DC afford to keep this team together?

 

Can this squad, one year older, do it?

 

 


No 

 

We have f*cked this royally 

 

We needed to go up for the £££ if anything - we are absolutelty shafted

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


I can confirm at least one person was.


Here he is hahahah

 

Go on - I’m dying to hear what you’ve got to say after these two legs from your saviour Darren

 

Im all ears

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

The squad ain’t gonna be together though is it. It’s another year of freebies and loans that take until Christmas to gel (if they do) and another wasted season.

 

This was our chance just like the udders play off was and we bottled both!

Yep, well it ain't Moore's fault the squad was in that predicament 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:


Here he is hahahah

 

Go on - I’m dying to hear what you’ve got to say after these two legs from your saviour Darren

 

Im all ears


Laughing after we got defeated in the playoffs speaks volumes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

All depends on Chansiri, will he spend the money. I hope we can keep Gregory and Josh as they will be great together.


Josh has to go. Can’t keep him on his money and lack of appearances.

Edited by Holmowl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We huffed and puffed, but Sunderland were better over the two games. That doesn't negate everything that was good about the second half of the season. After all the capitulations last year, I'm proud of the effort Moore and the players put in, regardless of the bitter disappointment I'm feeling right now.

 

As for next season, I'm a bit concerned about the age profile of the squad. Other than that, for every good loan signing there was one that didn't work out. I think we can do better in that market in the summer. We can even pay the odd modest fee for a player. And we can't have much worse luck on the injury front. On the whole, I'm optimistic that we can do better next time around.

 

It's easy to think that all our rivals will now pass us out, but not many thought Wigan would finish first or that Ipswich wouldn't even make the playoffs this year, so it's never that predictable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


Laughing after we got defeated in the playoffs speaks volumes.


Youve been a complete whopper all season backing this manager to the hilt and calling me out 

 

Made yourself look a mug in the process - this manager has shafted us with his tactics these Playoffs, you seriously need to give your head a wobble and keep quiet going forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brian said:

We huffed and puffed, but Sunderland were better over the two games. That doesn't negate everything that was good about the second half of the season. After all the capitulations last year, I'm proud of the effort Moore and the players put in, regardless of the bitter disappointment I'm feeling right now.

 

As for next season, I'm a bit concerned about the age profile of the squad. Other than that, for every good loan signing there was one that didn't work out. I think we can do better in that market in the summer. We can even pay the odd modest fee for a player. And we can't have much worse luck on the injury front. On the whole, I'm optimistic that we can do better next time around.

 

It's easy to think that all our rivals will now pass us out, but not many thought Wigan would finish first or that Ipswich wouldn't even make the playoffs this year, so it's never that predictable.


Paterson will surely go

 

Hunt and Gregory only have another year if we went up - can we afford to renew? At least we can renegotiate

 

I think Luongo will go

 

The loanees will return and I think we’ll start the season with Dawson as #1 

 

We’re going to need to sign a left back at some point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:


Youve been a complete whopper all season backing this manager to the hilt and calling me out 

 

Made yourself look a mug in the process - this manager has shafted us with his tactics these Playoffs, you seriously need to give your head a wobble and keep quiet going forward


I think there’s one whopper between you and me, and it isn’t me.

 

Nice to see you back online in the last couple of weeks though. 
 

Sadly I won’t see your reply to this. Prefer to discuss with SWFC fans vs closet Blades who revel in a play off defeat of ours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


Paterson will surely go

 

Hunt and Gregory only have another year if we went up - can we afford to renew? At least we can renegotiate

 

I think Luongo will go

 

The loanees will return and I think we’ll start the season with Dawson as #1 

 

We’re going to need to sign a left back at some point


Paterson and Luongo will go I think. Windass injuries might mean we keep hold of him. Bannan should go but the bloke is mad and will probably still be here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...