Perspective

💯 agree. Someone had to lose tonight and Sunderland were a decent side.

Don’t need the overhaul we had last season but need to fill some gaps that the loan players will leave.

Going to be tough keeping hold of some of these players but if we can we have a decent chance of automatics next year.

your can’t bash DM for this season… genuinely at the end of last season we didn’t think we were bouncing straight up

• Like 5

do you think we can keep this squad together? Some of those players could and should be on to better and better things. Never mind, we are all Wednesday arn't we sowe will just carry on with hype from the past

• Haha 1

Not and never have been convinced by Moore. Just doesn't seem to get the big decisions right.

You can't get rid of him after the second half of the season we've had though so fingers crossed he learns and improves as a manager and gets the job done next time.

Ipswich and Portsmouth will ne strong next year though.

Let's hope we cam.hang onto Bannan, MK lose Twine and Derby get another points deduction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

The squad ain’t gonna be together though is it. It’s another year of freebies and loans that take until Christmas to gel (if they do) and another wasted season.

This was our chance just like the udders play off was and we bottled both!

I think that’s the point.

Can DC afford to keep this team together?

Can this squad, one year older, do it?

1 minute ago, otekalu said:

do you think we can keep this squad together? Some of those players could and should be on to better and better things. Never mind, we are all Wednesday arn't we sowe will just carry on with hype from the past

I don't know pal. They signed at the beginning of this season didn't they

Good OP

Lots of emotion tonight but important to look beyond that

A few big contract decisions to make but confident we are moving in the right direction.

For now I think I’ll leave the anti-Moore brigade to have this site to themselves (some are at least trying to dress it up as discussion) 

Here’s to next season

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

What makes it harder to take, is the fact we didn't lose to a better side. We lost to a side who spent most of their time diicking about wasting time. If we had lost to a genuinely decent side that outplayed us, id be less gutted. Its just painful to see them get to the final playing like that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

What makes it harder to take, is the fact we didn't lose to a better side. We lost to a side who spent most of their time diicking about wasting time. If we had lost to a genuinely decent side that outplayed us, id be less gutted. Its just painful to see them get to the final playing like that. 

I think we did lose to a better side mate

They have a 25 goal a season forward and a guy who scored 12 in 23 since joining on loan

There’s no disgrace in losing to Sunderland, especially when our standout player was clearly not fit 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Take defeat with humility and look forward to next season. 

Lots to look forward to, able to buy players again, played some great stuff this season and looking beyond the disappointment of tonight, scored more goals than in recent seasons, accrued more points, best home form in the country and have been able to feel proud of our club again.

The direction of travel is positive.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DazUK said:

We weren't quite good enough to get promoted this season.

Look at the form table 2nd half of season..We're heading in the right way.

IF we can keep the squad together we'll be fighting for auto's next season.

I personally think Darren is the right man to carry on building this team.

Championship or league 1 doesn't change my love for Wednesday.

See you next season.

Up the Owl's..

tbh, i'm not really too disheartened about tonight because this fixture for me is just a bonus because i'd had us down to finish mid table at the start of the season.Finishing 4th under the circumstances that we faced shows that we are slowly starting to make progress.😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

but we have seen all season that we rarely get outplayed, we just get outfought and outcoached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's hope we cam.hang onto Bannan, MK lose Twine and Derby get another points deduction.

Barnsley get's long covid, Etc etc..

Don't think Sunderland will beat Wycombe either...they have a manager who will know how to cope with em.

So we will have Sunderland again also.

Might make the play offs

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Yes we once again will be in

league one . How is this good enough ? 

5 league one seasons in 20 years ? Failure again this year 

I can barely recall anyone on this site saying that playoffs weren’t the expectation 

I suppose no surprise to see some already moving those goalposts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I can barely recall anyone on this site saying that playoffs weren’t the expectation 

I suppose no surprise to see some already moving those goalposts

So for Sheffield Wednesday league one we should accept mid table or lower ? Deary me . 

couldn’t disagree more 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1