Guest Theboylangers
Just now, marconi said:

NML, Shodipo, Kamberi, Brown and Berahino should be nowhere near the squad next season, all duds.

I tend agree with with most of this. 

I still think it's worth persisting with Berahino. I think he will get 15-20 goals in this league next season. 

Granted, he gives little in the way of defensive duties. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did nobody else spot that NML and the team were totally separate entities tonight 

And what about when NML and Byers both had opportunities to pass to each other but didn’t and both ended up losing the ball instead 

Was very very strange 

Almost like there is an issue 

Agreed both were immature and unprofessional. 

5 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I tend agree with with most of this. 

I still think it's worth persisting with Berahino. I think he will get 15-20 goals in this league next season. 

Granted, he gives little in the way of defensive duties. 

Another Rhodes. A hat trick anomaly and few other goals. Little else.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

And yet we looked like we were going to go on n win it when he came on 

Wasn't down to him though why we started getting on top. But he couldn't be arsed tracking back and we paid for it. Would never have happened if Hunt was there. To do that at such a huge moment...disgraceful.

Never been a big fan but no way should we keep him now

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

If Byers played him in instead of shooting we’d be heading to Wembley right now. It’s the little things. 

This was utterly infuriating. Byers usually a clever player and would play that ball.

The occasion got to them all big time tonight. Just didn’t keep their composure when it mattered. 

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, Lincowl said:

Another Rhodes. A hat trick anomaly and few other goals. Little else.

I wish we'd had a few more hat trick anomalies and a few other goals this season but I see your point.

Key thing is to hold on to Gregory who definitely has another season in him and Bannan who also does. 

Sign Dean if we can and a decent keeper. We will absolutely ******** the league. 

I don’t like to single out players but he should be getting absolute pelters from his teammates tonight for his total lack of desire for the team for their goal. Absolutely criminal the lack of effort from a player fresh off the bench to get back and defend when he was already out of position. Thankfully I don’t think we will see him in a Wednesday shirt again 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There has to be an issue

It happened a couple of times between them 

Doubt it. Just players getting caught up in the moment. Needed composure and we showed very little over two legs.

Alex Neil had our number and completely unsettled us. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Wade Small versus Birmingham circa 2006. 

Felt for Storey, guy had run himself into the ground and must have felt like giving NML a battering. 

Yep, if ML had just got a bit closer to Storey then you can show the winger inside. As it was JS was left totally one on one on 93mins vs. their winger that had been taking people on all night. Inexcusable lack of effort

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There has to be an issue

Its quite possible. but tonight most players showed a complete lack of compsoure and didnt take that extra split second to make the correct decisions. it was all so rushed, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, steelerian said:

Its quite possible. but tonight most players showed a complete lack of compsoure and didnt take that extra split second to make the correct decisions. it was all so rushed, sadly.

Agreed mate

Felt a bit panicked 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Sunderland set up that way tbf.

Cleverly made the game scrappy, were physical, and gave us no time on the ball. We played it long so many times and that's not our game. 

I agree about the composure, we have one player who's very comfortable in possession (Bannan) and Sunderland's whol midfield can not only play a bit, but run at you as well, difficult to combat and you'd need everyone on their game to do it. 

Said it in another thread, Clarke is a cut above at this level, what a transfer he is. 

5 minutes ago, steelerian said:

We played rushed all night, players couldn't handle the pressure in general. Poor seeing as we have enough experienced pros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There has to be an issue

IF so, and IF it was the reason for a couple of key incidents, then neither is what we need and I really like Byers as a player but it would be inexcusable. IF.........