So..what do we need for next season

When was the last time we had true pace? A fast frightening striker?
When was the last time we have a true hard man? A midfield boss?
When was the last time we had a great winger? A player who takes people on and sit them on their backsides? 

We seem to get good players, but not good enough. I know we are a league one team, but still......

Get some strength in the 11. Get rid of the odd ageing player (though I would keep Gregory) and the lightweights. Not sure if Bannan will stop. But I'd just power that department anyway. Two scoring strikers was once a good idea. The recruitment has failed again. Its about time this chairman moved a person in who knows something about football recruitment. A better manager option might work better too. I think Moore has done 'alright' but we have to do better than 'alright'. 

• Like 1

Maintain the core of this squad, add some pace (and a GK assuming BPF not an option to return).

This team went very close, another season in the legs of some of these players, need to make it count next year and build on momentum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Maintain the core of this squad, add some pace (and a GK assuming BPF not an option to return).

Need to nab that boy from Exeter. I here we can get him on a free.

3 minutes ago, Harry Bosch said:

I fear we will be cutting our wage bill next season now that Chansiri’s latest gamble has failed . 

Yep.

There’s quite a few loans and injury prones  in that team. Hopefully we can keep a few of them, but it’s quite worrying.

New GK - not sure about BPF.

Two new centre halves. Try and sign Storey but doubt we have a chance now. Would probably try and tempt Dean but again reckon he’ll have Championship interest. 

New central midfielder.

Two new wing backs.

Two new strikers.

Quite a lot of work needs to be done to lower the age of the squad. This will take investment but will Chansiri just go for the quick fix experienced out of contract route again? 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

New GK - not sure about BPF.

Two new centre halves. Try and sign Storey but doubt we have a chance now. Would probably try and tempt Dean but again reckon he’ll have Championship interest. 

New central midfielder.

Two new wing backs.

Two new strikers.

Quite a lot of work needs to be done to lower the age of the squad. This will take investment but will Chansiri just go for the quick fix experienced out of contract route again? 

Disagree about Storey. He looks like he’s made of lead.