Whatever happens tonight

He’s right though. I’ve enjoyed this season and we’ve played some decent stuff to boot. 
Enjoy and come what may it’s down to the gaffer and players and as Morhinio says don’t just come to watch come to be the 12th man. 
Sun will still come up tomorrow. 
UTO. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If we're knocking at the door in the first 5 minutes Hillsborough will get behind them 

We need to be ruthless, fight for every ball, hunt everything down - if we don't get over the line and we've given 110% then we've done the lot. 

Please please please don't go out with a whimper, I don't want to see us at 60 minutes and finally making a change to go and get a goal. This needs to be 90 minutes of getting in their faces and getting at them - it didn't pay off for them on Friday night, but we've shown we can do this at home and do the business. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Great post, first song after kick off , oh Sammy, Sammy, Sammy Sammy Sammy Hutchinson !

Better than,

"there's a hole in my bucket ".

33 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Great post, first song after kick off , oh Sammy, Sammy, Sammy Sammy Sammy Hutchinson !

Followed by “We’re all Wednesday aren’t we”

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Whatever happens tonight, enjoy the build up. Enjoy the nerves and the worry. Embrace them. You wouldn't be feeling em if we'd finished 7th. We are where we want to be aren't we? Competing at the right end 9f the table, OK, automatic would have been preferable but I'll take this. It's why we do it week in week out. It's why we buy our season tickets or our pay on the day tickets or our Ifollow passes. It's why we get up at stupid o'clock cos we live in far flung countries. It's why we bring our kids up to support Wednesday, even though we know deep down we're signing em up to a life of stress and worry. It's for nights like tonight. One shot. One aim. One Wednesday. 

The players have put in one hell of a shift in the 2nd half of the season and with a bit of luck and skill the season isn't over yet. 90 minutes of noise from us could push them on to greater heights. Cheer every pass, forgive every mistake and lift em back up. They are human and will make mistakes, show em that we don't care as long as they try and rectify it. Give them the confidence to achieve. 

Tonight, just before kick off, take a look around. A full Hillsborough is a thing of beauty, drink it in and use it as fuel to get you through. Be part of the team for those of us who are no longer with us. We are Wednesday through and through, let's show em tonight what this means. 

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍

What a wonderful post.

You actually managed to make me cry

💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It’s true 

we’re in the play offs 

let’s enjoy today and don’t forget the most important thing! All that matters is the players enjoy themselves

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Of all the posts I’ve read recently, this is the one that resonates the most with me.
TONIGHT, IT’S DOWN TO US.

In addition to all the management and team preparation by both sides, the one variable is our reaction.

If I look back to the Brighton play off home leg, something that I’ll never forget was that people were singing under the Kop on the way to their seats. I don’t know what the players thought, but it didn’t half lift me.

So come along early tonight Wednesdayites. Enjoy The Sherlocks, enjoy the singing during the warm up, let’s give them the loudest and most passionate “Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday” ever, and let’s get this over the line.

WAWAW

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seldom I rate topics on the forum, but you sir, just got 5 stars in addition to my like.

Brilliant post, put aside your nerves about whether we're still in the promotion race after tonight's game, relish the excitement over tonight's football, we're in the fortunate position we've still got everything to play for after the regular season has ended. Cherry on top is to make it back to the Championship, but for now, enjoy the moment, the build up, the atmosphere, this is the essence of football.

Really envious of everyone getting to go to Hillsborough tonight, I hope your evening will be incredible - be that 12th man for our boys on the pitch tonight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

First 70 minutes of the first leg were... horrific, but the last 20 minutes give me hope.  Sunderland came at us like absolute mad men for the first 70 minutes and there will be an element of tired legs from them tonight, plus, I still genuinely believe we are (just slightly) the better team than them.

Hillsborough is a fortress this year, very few teams have come and got any kind of result, there is no more Away goals rule https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/play-off-history/#:~:text=Away goals do not count,if the scores are level.   So lets just focus on winning! be it in normal  time, extra time or even if we have to break our Penalties jinx.... if it comes to that every team has to break their jinx some time.

Its still in the hands of our players, and over the last few months they have shown they are more than capable of doing what is needed tonight!

• Like 1

Let's just give it our all tonight; on and off the pitch.

It's going to be tough but we've got a shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Whatever happens tonight, enjoy the build up. Enjoy the nerves and the worry. Embrace them. You wouldn't be feeling em if we'd finished 7th. We are where we want to be aren't we? Competing at the right end 9f the table, OK, automatic would have been preferable but I'll take this. It's why we do it week in week out. It's why we buy our season tickets or our pay on the day tickets or our Ifollow passes. It's why we get up at stupid o'clock cos we live in far flung countries. It's why we bring our kids up to support Wednesday, even though we know deep down we're signing em up to a life of stress and worry. It's for nights like tonight. One shot. One aim. One Wednesday. 

The players have put in one hell of a shift in the 2nd half of the season and with a bit of luck and skill the season isn't over yet. 90 minutes of noise from us could push them on to greater heights. Cheer every pass, forgive every mistake and lift em back up. They are human and will make mistakes, show em that we don't care as long as they try and rectify it. Give them the confidence to achieve. 

Tonight, just before kick off, take a look around. A full Hillsborough is a thing of beauty, drink it in and use it as fuel to get you through. Be part of the team for those of us who are no longer with us. We are Wednesday through and through, let's show em tonight what this means. 

clapgif.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Nice sentiment, but I reckon it'll be better to shut Owlstalk down for a couple of weeks if we lose lol

Spot on !! 

• Like 1

To have something to play for at this stage of the season is positive.

We all hoped for automatic, being sensible realised the play offs achievable and at the beginning of January would have snatched your hand off for this opportunity.

Forget what could have, should have been, criticism in hindsight. Enjoy the day, savour the atmosphere tonight and cheer the boys on. 

Hopefully our season will be extended. If not, maintain that support and we can build on this momentum together next season. 

• Like 4