WEDNESDAY - V - SUNDERLAND - (Play-off 2nd Leg) - OMDT

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

I think whoever scores first goes on to win the tie. If we score first, Hillsborough will erupt and we'll be right up for it.

If Sunderland score first, I can't see us scoring 3 goals to win the tie unfortunately. 

The one positive is that we have nothing to defend. We can't sit back and we should be always looking to get forwards. 

Barring any defensive errors at the back, we should have enough quality here to give a good account of ourselves and not bow out of the playoffs with a whimper.

Come on Wednesday!

I've backed us for a 3-1 win tonight, 14/1

• Like 1

Great intro as ever Snoots. Here’s hoping for a strong response from the lads, while not ideal we are only facing a one goal deficit.

This should make for a classic footballing night at home in front of a massive crowd. We must go out with with a positive attacking minded attitude and show we want win. 

An early goal for us will really get the crowd rocking and creating a fantastic atmosphere. 2-0 win for Wednesday. UTO!

Just been talking to a Sunderland fan, reckons that they’ll go 5 at the back tonight and just sit in, and maybe nick one

Cant say we’ve done too well against this tactic this season

Hopefully the fans stay patient and keep backing the side. Big fear is that it’s goalless after an hour and we get nervous and desperate 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yes we can and often do, do Magic. ...31st August 1968 a near full house Vs Manchester United 2-4  down against arguably one of the worlds best, George Best we were roared on to Pip Man U 5-4 , should have been 6-4 as Don Megson netted a thunderbolt from over 30 yards only to be flagged as Fantham was caught offside.

Going back to our earlier days we trailed 5-1 at home to Everton on Nov 12th 1904. Only to scramble back to parity with four second half goals without reply for a remarkable draw.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Five Archers said:

BELIEVE!

Your everywhere and nowhere baby

COME ON WEDNESDAY 

Not keen on that formation 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Just go for it ffs. None of us will have any gripes if we give it a go and get at them, give the fans something to get behind from the off and make it uncomfortable for them straight away. None of the sitting back and absorbing nonsense from the away leg, i'm actually quite happy we're 1-0 down because it gives us absolutely no option but to go for it and play on the front foot. We're at our best when we attack and tonight we have no choice. 

I'll have a lot of grips if we do that. I don't want us going hell for leather in the first 10 minutes and conceding again then running out of steam

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Django said:

Just been talking to a Sunderland fan, reckons that they’ll go 5 at the back tonight and just sit in, and maybe nick one

Would imagine Neil will be aware on the type of team we struggle against and watched videos.

I know we do struggle in that sort of game...but can his players do that?

I've no idea, don't know enough about them...though they did look dodgy last 20 mins on Friday and we weren't even creating much.

Hope he tinkers...it doesn't work at this level.

• Like 1

Just now, latemodelchild said:

Pretty much sums up my feelings 

Been a dreadful day of work. 

I just want to be sat down in my seat now - the 24 hours prior to tonight is the worst of the lot, ready to see some football now.