WEDNESDAY - V - SUNDERLAND - (Play-off 2nd Leg) - OMDT

I think whoever scores first goes on to win the tie. If we score first, Hillsborough will erupt and we'll be right up for it.

If Sunderland score first, I can't see us scoring 3 goals to win the tie unfortunately. 

The one positive is that we have nothing to defend. We can't sit back and we should be always looking to get forwards. 

Barring any defensive errors at the back, we should have enough quality here to give a good account of ourselves and not bow out of the playoffs with a whimper.

Come on Wednesday!

• Like 1

Just going through my pre match ritual of fish, chips and mushy peas (no curry sauce) at Meadowhall before heading off to Hillsborough to find somewhere to park. Not bothering with the tram after the feyting Pompey fans last weekend! 

Tonight we will have a bigger crowd than seven of the weekend’s PL games. This club and these fans deserve promotion and after tonight we will be one game away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

I think whoever scores first goes on to win the tie. If we score first, Hillsborough will erupt and we'll be right up for it.

If Sunderland score first, I can't see us scoring 3 goals to win the tie unfortunately. 

The one positive is that we have nothing to defend. We can't sit back and we should be always looking to get forwards. 

Barring any defensive errors at the back, we should have enough quality here to give a good account of ourselves and not bow out of the playoffs with a whimper.

Come on Wednesday!

If Sunderland score first we would still only need 2 goals to take it to pens. 

Not that it’s an option I want to contemplate.