WEDNESDAY - V - SUNDERLAND - (Play-off 2nd Leg) - OMDT

4 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Thinking about last season,  I reckon a better manager would have given us a fighting chance of staying up in the first place.  

You remember DM was the last of four different managers, right? And got seriously ill shortly after taking over.........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Problem is, we’ll lose the better players.

Why will they want another season in the 3rd tier?

We’ll end up like Portsmouth - mid table 

Not so sure. 

I can't see any takers for Bannan, 32 and settled in the area. 

It's who we pull in through transfer and what we've got to play with. 

The positive thing is, it's not a complete shuffle of the deck like it was in the summer. We can move on the players who've not improved us and replace with hungrier.

I honestly think the momentum we've built since the turn of the year will be good for us. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Alex Neil is a right knobber and DM is a bloody gent.

But what would you prefer? 
  1) League 1 (DIv 3) with the nice Moore

2) championship with the shithousery Alex Neil ? 

answers on a postcard 

We didn't play with enough control, didn't get the ball down.  Too much panic and just heading the ball forward instead of getting it on the deck.  No faulting the effort, but not enough thought.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, malcolm said:

He's got us to 4th in a difficult league, remember last year our fans saying we would drop straight through the league. Yes it's disappointing to lose,but get a grip.WAWAW

Oh come on!  I admire your positivity but this season is nothing to be proud of from a squad with enough ability to do much better.  The standard of League One is worse than I expected.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Football supporters basically have tantrums when things don't go their way, and we'll see plenty of that in the next few days. I'm too measured and experienced for that kind of petulance. Yes, we got a lot wrong in these two games, but no reason to throw out the baby with the bath water. Suck it up and get on with it next season.

Look on the bright side. I still haven't seen us win a league title in over four decades suffering with this team. Next season... finally ! 

In my seventh decade of watching  mate and still looking on the bright side, always will so heres to next season.

WAWAW

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

So was NML and he went totally AWOL to compound his poor decision seconds earlier.

I think NML was really poor and the subs didn’t impact the game at all. Poor decision making from him and frankly lazy.

But any centreback stood open mouthed as someone ghosts in just looks even worse. Just needed to be alive and to step across him. Failure on basic stuff from 2 of them 

Sunderland sadly were better overall in the two games. 

Think we needed Dele in the middle breaking through and causing havoc. 

It will be a very interesting summer recruitment wise, not too much needed to push this team on in fairness. 

Hope Sunderland go up rather not have them in this League next season. 

• Like 3

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful
5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Agreed, I’ve seen the word coward on here. Absolutely scandalous. The effort and commitment was there.

We bottled it. Nobody turned up in either leg. Don’t sit there saying we tried hard etc, it’s not the girl guides.

In the biggest two games of the season we were second best in every department. Out fought and out thought.

The biggest lesson we can learn is employ a manager who knows how to win. Not a manager who loses admirably. 

I’d sooner be hated winner than plucky loser.

5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Agreed, I’ve seen the word coward on here. Absolutely scandalous. The effort and commitment was there.

Doesn't surprise me. 

Agree. Yes, some players aren't the best, we need to do better against certain styles of play, but to a man cannot fault the effort of the players. 

Disappointed not to progress, but not disappointed in my club tonight, gave our best and beaten in a close game by a decent team.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, OwlerIT2 said:

But what would you prefer? 
  1) League 1 (DIv 3) with the nice Moore

2) championship with the shithousery Alex Neil ? 

answers on a postcard 

I'm of an age where I absolutely  dont want to watch sh#thousery at all. That's just my view though. BTW Sunderland won by being better than us over 2 legs nothing more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Oh come on!  I admire your positivity but this season is nothing to be proud of from a squad with enough ability to do much better.  The standard of League One is worse than I expected.

Worse than expected?,remind me how many points were needed to get in play offs?

1 hour ago, cardiffowl06 said:

We need to change this up massively, Dele could add pace and have the ability to drive us forward.

Not sure if Moore will go all out attack, but it's needed and there is no point waiting till the 70/80th minute to change things.

FDB not in the squad.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think NML was really poor and the subs didn’t impact the game at all. Poor decision making from him and frankly lazy.

But any centreback stood open mouthed as someone ghosts in just looks even worse. Just needed to be alive and to step across him. Failure on basic stuff from 2 of them 

Have to agree to differ. Palmer in my opinion gets flak for things that others are routinely  absolved for. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

You remember DM was the last of four different managers, right? And got seriously ill shortly after taking over.........

Thanks for reminding me.  I’ve nothing this season to suggest a fully functioning Moore would have turned things round in the Championship.  A part of me hopes he stays and gets it right next season, but I believe continued inconsistency is far more likely.  This squad is looking old and lacking in energy, not sure I want Moore to be responsible for any rebuilding.