WEDNESDAY - V - SUNDERLAND - (Play-off 2nd Leg) - OMDT

Just now, Willie Henderson said:

Good first half, dominating the play.

Just keep it up lads and you will be rewarded.

Come on Wednesday!

Wouldn't say dominating the play. We've hardly pressed or tested the keeper. Luongo is having a stinker tonight.

• Like 3

Need to push the midfield about 15 yards further forward. Stewart looks leggy for them already, just need to watch Roberts.

The crowd need to get behind them and get them going. Towards the Kop end now, let's do everything we can to get the first one to go in. Put pressure on the ref for every decision, stop moaning when the ball goes back to the defence and make some noise. Like we've lost already.

Think we've shaded the half, started to dominate towards the end. We don't look like scoring though. 

That said, was a penalty, clear handball and also impeded Windass. 

On that point, the ref is a c*nt. Playing up to the cameras, trying to be centre of attention. 

Lots of work to do, I don't honestly see a goal coming, but live in hope.

• Like 1

Not done enough for me, lack energy (somewhat understandable) and Sunderland are battling. Doing more than enough to hold us at bay.

Don't want to be defeatist, hope I can smugly quote myself and laugh in an hour or two, but I don't think we're showing enough to get that ball over that goal line. 

• Like 1

We need to get the ball on the ground and get around the back of them with Hunt and Johnson.

Its all a bit panicky and rished right now. Need the class of Bannan and Byers to shine though. Shame both are booked for silly challenges.

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan

Our centre half to centre half, hoof down the pitch. Their centre half to centre half, hoof down pitch. Chuck in a foul every few minutes and a stop in play and, that's about it.

Just now, Howmanyowls said:

It looks a little ominous. We aren't tearing them open. We have 45 mins to get a goal to keep it alive. Do I think we'll score? Not feeling confident but hope I'm wrong. 

we have to go for it.

We've spent far too long imitating 1980s era Wimbledon. It's just like the first leg, except they're not trying so hard to score so we're having more possession. Only football we've played has been on the edge of our box and not their's. Calm it down and pass it around. Might as well have a couple of NFL punters at full back just hoofing it down the field to strikers who are too isolated to be effective.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 2

We should have gone like Brighton in their second leg

This is unforgivable

It's like we are going for a draw, and will be happy

I want us to at least go down swinging and at present we are going down first punch

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers

Try and stop the head tennis and constant shithousery from anti football Neil. 

I know that's not easy but it's what we have to do.