MK Dons vs Wycombe

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wimbledon haven't taken another club's identity and league standing, unless I've missed something?

Wimbledon evicted Kingstonian from Kingsmeadow to cash in from Chelsea ladies, leaving Kingstonian homeless and playing miles from home. Media never mentioned it because Wimbledon are the darlings. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Loppy said:

Wimbledon evicted Kingstonian from Kingsmeadow to cash in from Chelsea ladies, leaving Kingstonian homeless and playing miles from home. Media never mentioned it because Wimbledon are the darlings. 

They did, because I read about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/25/kingstonian-kingsmeadow-lost-stadium-chelsea-afc-wimbledon

And it's nowhere near the same as what happened to Wimbledon.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Heartbroken and devastated, but that’s football. Couldn’t be prouder of how we performed tonight. Please smash them at Wembley. 

You play some good stuff, thought Theo had a good game tonight. Think you'll have a huge job keeping hold of Twine in the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loppy said:

Club evicted from community for cash. Sounds pretty similar. 

I suppose it is pretty similar, if you class moving 3 miles down the road the same as moving 60 miles.

And if you ignore the whole taking another club's identity and league standing thing, of course.

:duntmatter:

• Thanks 1

The last time Wycombe were in the playoffs there were no fans at Wembley due to Covid.

The previous time was in 2015 when they lost the League Two playoff final to Southend in front of 38,252.

Hopefully, whoever wins tomorrow night will get a bigger allocation. Hate to see loads of empty seats when one side sells out.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I just always think whoever finishes third deserves to go up.

No matter how well the other playoff teams did, they undoubtedly did better.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or anything, I just can't help but feel a bit sorry for any third-placed team who lose in the playoffs.

I think I agree with this but did any of us think like that in 2016 when we finished a mere 15 points below Brighton?

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Obviously it's great when your team benefit, but it still feels a bit unfair on the third-placed team, yes.

Give over. You’re beginning to sound like Mrs BIG D who always feels sorry for the side that loses a penalty shoot out even when England win.

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Give over. You’re beginning to sound like Mrs BIG D who always feels sorry for the side that loses a penalty shoot out even when England win.

I'm not sure that's comparable.

I just think that if there are three promotion spots, then the team who finish third deserves to go up.

Obviously that's not the way it's currently organised, and I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it, but that seems fairer to me.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure that's comparable.

I just think that if there are three promotion spots, then the team who finish third deserves to go up.

Obviously that's not the way it's currently organised, and I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it, but that seems fairer to me.

Yeah, but that would make the EFL utter w@nk and kill off a fair bit of interest.

The play offs are what makes the EFL really. It's the big showpiece event.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Heartbroken and devastated, but that’s football. Couldn’t be prouder of how we performed tonight. Please smash them at Wembley. 

Feel for you pal. You were genuinely the best team in the playoffs but Wycombe did what they do and let’s face it, as much as everyone else might hate it they are the masters of it!

Hope you make millions from twine and invest it all in more young talent! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Feel for you pal. You were genuinely the best team in the playoffs but Wycombe did what they do and let’s face it, as much as everyone else might hate it they are the masters of it!

Hope you make millions from twine and invest it all in more young talent! 

They are indeed, killed us in the first league. We just couldn’t do it tonight, so gutted about how our team is going to get ripped apart in the summer now. I really hope you lot go up, can’t deal with you getting 6 points off us again next year lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

They are indeed, killed us in the first league. We just couldn’t do it tonight, so gutted about how our team is going to get ripped apart in the summer now. I really hope you lot go up, can’t deal with you getting 6 points off us again next year lol

I was cheering them on for you 

better luck next season 

• Love 1

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

Beat those ******** 4 times this season and they’ve still gone to Wembley. We’ll finish 12-16th next season, but what a ride.

Have mk ever been in the championship ?

I had football on snooze from about 2016-2021