The negativity isn’t the fans fault, or Moore….

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Seems to me the OP and others are gleefully rubbing their hands in anticipation of not getting a win  

I'm not though, Inspector.

I'm just being honest.

If you look at things dispassionately then it's a reasonable conclusion.

As I wrote, my heart says yes but my head says no.

I desperately want us to win, but I fear that Neil's experience will do for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

aaI'm not though, Inspector.

I'm just being honest.

If you look at things dispassionately then it's a reasonable conclusion.

As I wrote, my heart says yes but my head says no.

I desperately want us to win, but I fear that Neil's experience will do for us.

Remind me, were they at home?  yes                                                          Will we be at home  tomorrow   yes   

Did they play pretty much as well as they can ? yes.                                Do you expect us to play better tomorrow yes

Will they have anybody better to come into the team tomorrow?  no    Will we have more options and more strength in depth  ?  yes

Did they create anything, or tear us apart for 44 mins ? no                     Do you think in 90 mins we will create more than the four chances they created in 90 mins 

Did they burn more petrol from the tanks than we did ?  yes                   Do you think will our experience can  be used to our advantage at home ? 

Have they been under any pressure ? no                                                     Will Baz be fitter after 3 days than on Friday? 

Bring it on this is far from over.              

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Teams are allowed an off day, Friday could just have been that, occasion could have got to them, who f*kng knows.

It doesn't always have to be a systemic issue

I've seen enough this season to say I fully anticipate and expect better tomorrow

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

The OP is spot on in his analysis’ but what is done is done.

tomorrow we go again.

If the team fukk up again we are out,if they turn up we are through to the final

Ty 

Pathetic.... I might considered as quite a critical person on here...... but we lost 1-0 we are at home and there is no reason we can't win and go to Wembley. Under Moore HD something gets it wrong and even in our best form we have had a weird wobble  game. We just had it! SO.... ad long as wr get at them straight away and put them under pressure we can do it. 

If we had won 1-0 we would have gone in to tomorrow night half hated and void easily have messed it up. We  HAVE to go at them. Sitting back was a mistake in the first leg so much but its only one, so now we get a goal back and they will fall apart

44 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Remind me, were they at home?  yes                                                          Will we be at home  tomorrow   yes   

Did they play pretty much as well as they can ? yes.                                Do you expect us to play better tomorrow yes

Will they have anybody better to come into the team tomorrow?  no    Will we have more options and more strength in depth  ?  yes

Did they create anything, or tear us apart for 44 mins ? no                     Do you think in 90 mins we will create more than the four chances they created in 90 mins 

Did they burn more petrol from the tanks than we did ?  yes                   Do you think will our experience can  be used to our advantage at home ? 

Have they been under any pressure ? no                                                     Will Baz be fitter after 3 days than on Friday? 

Bring it on this is far from over.              

Fair points, and under certain circumstances the things you say may well bear fruit.

What we know about Wednesday is that:

(a) we're not great against teams who sit back and shithouse

(b) if you can stop Bannan, you can stop Wednesday

(c) we're not great at defending corners and free kicks

(d) we've always got a mistake in us at the back

Being at home isn't the issue as things stand, because Sunderland already lead us and will sit back, defend, shithouse, and stop Bannan.

They did play as well as they can on Friday but their approach will be quite different tomorrow because the onus is on us.

It'll be us who need to burn the petrol, not them, because we're already losing.

They'll attempt to stifle and frustrate us as much as possible, with Neil using his experience and shithousery to full effect, and bide their time until we drop a clanger or concede from a set piece.

So what we need is a lucky break early on which will throw Neil's plans into confusion.

A goal for us would bring them out and then the things you say would come into their own.

Under those circumstances I'd fancy us.

• Like 1

Why’s it not moore’s fault he set the team up and we came away with just a one goal deficit 

We’ll beat Sunderland by more than one goal tomorrow and I’m never wrong about these things

(except when I’m wrong about these things)

Guest Andy W
4 hours ago, Taz said:

It’s the players 

its hard not to feel like it’s over… when our players treated the first leg like an unnecessary effort

being positive on social media isn’t going to fix what the players did 

the only way to sort this is to give the fans a performance to get behind from kick off tomorrow night 

we were dreadful… didn’t get a corner for 70 minutes, couldn’t keep the ball, never looked like scoring, barely a shot on target…. Nearly conceded another 4… and the goal that gave it away was utterly amateur Sunday league stuff.

how

positive

do

you

expect

us

to

be

it was gash 

Agree. We will lose the home leg too in my opinion.

I have thought ever since we got relegated that we are in L1 long term.

I still think that

My perspective on blaming the players in any situation is that you are blaming the manager. Leaders are responsible for the attitude and  of their subordinates if it impacts the objective. I think Moore is a talented manager who lacks experience and I hope we keep him for a long period, but I believe there are no bad teams, only bad leaders. If Hutchinson buggers up and gives away a goal the way he did, Moore has to point the finger at himself to be effective, luckily for us I believe he does that.

5 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Agree. We will lose the home leg too in my opinion.

I have thought ever since we got relegated that we are in L1 long term.

I still think that

I can see it being a while 

I think Moore can take us up but he’ll be sacked if we don’t go up this season, or when we’re not top 2 by next November l

Just now, BOOFABI said:

My perspective on blaming the players in any situation is that you are blaming the manager. Leaders are responsible for the attitude and  of their subordinates if it impacts the objective. I think Moore is a talented manager who lacks experience and I hope we keep him for a long period, but I believe there are no bad teams, only bad leaders. If Hutchinson buggers up and gives away a goal the way he did, Moore has to point the finger at himself to be effective, luckily for us I believe he does that.

Maybe 

but I’d rather keep moore and replace half the team than vice versa 

Guest Andy W
7 minutes ago, Taz said:

I can see it being a while 

I think Moore can take us up but he’ll be sacked if we don’t go up this season, or when we’re not top 2 by next November l

I would stick with him, he isn't great but he isn't terrible

And who else?

The "Negativity" is simply bred out of 2 decades of disappointment.

Folk look at it as "Negativity", when all it is, is simply a defense mechanism to stave off more of the same.

Look at the Portsmouth game

"1-0 Pompey and its inevitably..................... Hirst that scored it"

A self fulfilling prophecy that folks actually laid bets on

Why?

Because once you convince yourself its gonna happen, and it does"

It dilutes your disappointment cos..you KNEW it would happen

Its a rut thats hard to get out of and in 60 years of following the club, I can only remember a couple of seasons when I went to Hillsborough when I , myself have been out of this rut

"Score in a minute, we're gonna score in a minute"

Echoed around Hillsborough at times in 90's, ....and we did

It takes some dragging back

So when you slate someone for being "Negative",,He or She might simply be looking after themselves..So take a minute

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

Maybe 

but I’d rather keep moore and replace half the team than vice versa 

Absolutely I agree, in fact that is what happened in pre season. The manager is responsible for the performances of the players, that's not to say the manager should be removed or punished for each player's mistakes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Can’t blame moore for hutch giving away that chance 

and that’s what changed that whole game

the fans could then smell blood and now we’ve got a right task the morrow 

It actually isn't Taz, I'm not blaming Moore, but Wednesday were timid first half

Moores tactics?

Yea probably one bad pass off being decent, but we showed nothing first 45

Can't afford that tomorrow

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taz said:

It’s the players 

its hard not to feel like it’s over… when our players treated the first leg like an unnecessary effort

being positive on social media isn’t going to fix what the players did 

the only way to sort this is to give the fans a performance to get behind from kick off tomorrow night 

we were dreadful… didn’t get a corner for 70 minutes, couldn’t keep the ball, never looked like scoring, barely a shot on target…. Nearly conceded another 4… and the goal that gave it away was utterly amateur Sunday league stuff.

how

positive

do

you

expect

us

to

be

it was gash 

Sorry all just come across this post, I reckon this has got to be potentially the best  back tracking post ever !!  #uto