At final whistle

The team to watch a few videos of Rangers in the Europa League. They’ve used “shock and awe” tactics against what is technically superior opposition, cheered on by a very loud support. We’re more than capable of hammering Sunderland. Just needs that energy from the team and fans.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

They know they got out of jail. 

That’s b*llocks

Yes Sunderland we’re the better side but  baring Hutch’s mistake we would all have been saying it was a good away performance.

last 20 minutes, we were the better side.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Django said:

Disagree

We could have easily ended up going into the home game 4 down 

They hit the bar, missed a free header 6 yards out and could easily have capitalised on BPF’s late error

We had a bit of the ball near the end but no real chances to speak of

Got out of jail big time and Sunderland know it 

I totally agree with you 

• Like 1

I remember in 1994 (I think) we made it to the League Cup semi final against Manchester United.

In the first leg we went there to defend and it was a mistake by a usually reliable defender (Roland Nillson) that handed Man Utd a 1-0 win on a plate, just like last night.

After the match I remember Trevor Francis being chuffed saying something like ‘if we’d gone to a top European side like Inter Milan’ and only lost by 1 goal in the first leg we’d have taken it’.

I remember about 20 minutes into the second leg at Hillsborough we were 3-0 down and the tie was over.

For me a first leg defeat is never a great result.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, Django said:

Disagree

We could have easily ended up going into the home game 4 down 

They hit the bar, missed a free header 6 yards out and could easily have capitalised on BPF’s late error

We had a bit of the ball near the end but no real chances to speak of

Got out of jail big time and Sunderland know it 

Did you forget that we actually gifted them a goal. There good luck our bad luck. So what's all this about getting out of jail. 

10 hours ago, sw1867 said:

That’s b*llocks

Yes Sunderland we’re the better side but  baring Hutch’s mistake we would all have been saying it was a good away performance.

last 20 minutes, we were the better side.

Apparently I'm talking gonads. 

And then in the same breath you say they were the better side and we played well for 20 out of the 90 minutes.

Rotherham, a team full of plumbers with a Physio in charge bossed them last week. And we rock up absolutely petrified. 

Moore was buzzing in his interview. Spending numerous minutes crediting the opponents which in itself is bizarre.

I notice there was no mention of Neil stitching him up with the formation though. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember in 1994 (I think) we made it to the League Cup semi final against Manchester United.

In the first leg we went there to defend and it was a mistake by a usually reliable defender (Roland Nillson) that handed Man Utd a 1-0 win on a plate, just like last night.

After the match I remember Trevor Francis being chuffed saying something like ‘if we’d gone to a top European side like Inter Milan’ and only lost by 1 goal in the first leg we’d have taken it’.

I remember about 20 minutes into the second leg at Hillsborough we were 3-0 down and the tie was over.

For me a first leg defeat is never a great result.

A semi final v one of the great teams in English football is a great comparison.

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Apparently I'm talking gonads. 

And then in the same breath you say they were the better side and we played well for 20 out of the 90 minutes.

Rotherham, a team full of plumbers with a Physio in charge bossed them last week. And we rock up absolutely petrified. 

Moore was buzzing in his interview. Spending numerous minutes crediting the opponents which in itself is bizarre.

I notice there was no mention of Neil stitching him up with the formation though. 

Sums up what rubbish you spout. 

I think it's positive that our players weren't too downbeat at full time and are confident of turning it around at home. It just goes to show how times have changed. Alot of our former players couldn't handle the pressure of playing at home so it's refreshing to see that our current crop seem to thrive on it and are confident going into the home leg

7 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

A semi final v one of the great teams in English football is a great comparison.

In fairness that Sheffield Wednesday team was pretty special itself and I’m happy to be corrected here but Man Utd had won 1 league title in about 30 years at the time.

• Like 1