One Of The Great Nights At Hillsborough

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

The fans will be well up for this on Monday and the atmosphere will put last nights in the shade. If we can turn this around it will be one of the great nights. 

They definitely will. Oh, apart from the ones on here who are glass half full types. Actually, they’re more like ‘my glass is tiny anyway so there’s no point trying to fill it and, oh no I’ve dropped it and it’s smashed into a thousand million billion ‘ickle pieces that even a nano-technician could never put back together again; it’s the end of the world I tell thee!’ types. So yeah apart from them we’ll all be up for it!

C’mon Wednesday we can do this!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Where was Sunderlands segregation or have SAG just got it in for us. The nw corner and last bit of the North not being used is a disgrace especially as away fans have upper leppings and home the lower, where's the segregation there. 

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

The fans will be well up for this on Monday and the atmosphere will put last nights in the shade. If we can turn this around it will be one of the great nights. 

Not many things better than a full Hillsborough under the lights. 

4 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Well said mate.

I can imagine the time line on Monday night.

4.00 Go to pub have a moan about Hutch’s mistake & claim they’ve been saying all season he’s past it.

6.00 Moan that they’d said all along that it was a disadvantage playing second because knowing what you’ve got to do just creates pressure.

6.45 Have a moan about the line up. 

7.00 Tell everyone who’ll listen how we would have already been through if DM had listened to him.

7.30 Have a moan about part timers only turning up when there’s a big match.

7.40 Moan that they’ve been hit on the head by a flying inflatable racist banana. 

7.44 Do a half hearted Hi Ho cos we’re basically already out and then have another moan about Hutch’s mistake.

9.50 Tell everyone who’ll listen, they’d said all along we’d pi*s it whilst singing a rendition of Oh Sammy Sammy as the players do their lap of honour.

10.00 am following morning.  Anyone got a log in for Wembley.

EXACTLY how it's gonna go.

UTO

• Like 1

I would have taken a 1-0 defeat before kick off because our away form has blown hot and cold this season and the fact we had already lost 5-0 at the SOL (yes we had no defenders available that day) and the fact they had 42k spurring them on which can make a huge difference. Part of me was expecting a tonking so definitely a positive to have come away from there still very much in the tie 

Just now, IWEDFM said:

I would have taken a 1-0 defeat before kick off because our away form has blown hot and cold this season and the fact we had already lost 5-0 at the SOL (yes we had no defenders available that day) and the fact they had 42k spurring them on which can make a huge difference. Part of me was expecting a tonking so definitely a positive to have come away from there still very much in the tie 

Ooops this was for the 'would you have taken a 1-0 defeat before kick off' thread

As for the Burnley QF replay in 1983

Its staggering to think that even in 1983 this wasn’t televised on sports night or midweek sports special. I believe the goals were shown on either Calendar or Look North the following evening.

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

That's the problem with grounds like Sunderland's, incredible support and the noisiest fans in the division but the atmosphere gets lost. That's why many of us would prefer to stay here. The acoustics have always been brilliant.

The Sky lot were banging on about the amazing atmosphere last night, but it didn’t seem all that to me and certainly didn’t begin to compare with the atmosphere we created against Brighton at Hillsborough in 2016. 

Honest opinion of last nights atmosphere by anybody who was actually there?

21 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

The Sky lot were banging on about the amazing atmosphere last night, but it didn’t seem all that to me and certainly didn’t begin to compare with the atmosphere we created against Brighton at Hillsborough in 2016. 

Honest opinion of last nights atmosphere by anybody who was actually there?

Was nowhere near what I was expecting for 40,000+. 

From kick off to their goal it was quiet to the point we were singing “is this a library?”. 

Will be much better on Monday.